Sign in to follow this  
cmiddlebrook

Tutorial: How to Install Custom Maps & Clean Your Database

16 hours ago, Kendoh said:

How do you fix the issue with the map starting on winter?

I found some tips here .. 

On 25/11/2015 at 7:36 PM, Ricowan said:

You need to open "[steam path]\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\packs\graphics.jar" using a zip program, then replace the correct file in "gui\testmaps".  The file will depend on how your server was set up.  If you get the Ocrea map when you open it in-game, then replace Ocrea.png.  Etc.

Hi

Obviously things have moved on since this time but I am struggling to see how else to get the custom map to display as the "in game map"

What seems wrong to me is that this change is to the client side - if you create your server so others can join it and use your new shiny custom map then they would be required to do the same manual change

Or - is there now a simpler way to achieve this?

Easiest way is to install Agos' modloader for client and server and set it up for the server to send a custom map to the client.

22 hours ago, bigsteve said:

Easiest way is to install Agos' modloader for client and server and set it up for the server to send a custom map to the client.

Hi

Thanks for info

So for every person wanting to connect to my server - if they want to see my map in game - they have to install the modloader?

I feel like I must be missing something as this seems like a fundamental part of the game that it would just be visible to anyone who connects

Thanks again

34 minutes ago, Accy said:

if they want to see my map in game - they have to install the modloader?

yes, the client mod loader

On 4/12/2017 at 6:04 PM, bigsteve said:

But how does one do this?

I"ve been looking everywhere for instruction on how to put my custom map on the in-game map on server, so that players download it to client when they join.

Everyone says "modloader" or "server packs" but I have no idea how any of that even functions properly to set it up. What kind of file does my in-game map have to be? What programs do I use to get it there?
Where do I have to put that file on the server? What do I have to set to tell clients "download this thing"?

I've been trying to find something to give me more info for over a week and nothing.. :'(

Is this available in writing?

I strongly dislike the trend of sitting through long video guides, and prefer to read a written list of instructions I can easily reference again.

• Like 1

On 2.6.2017 at 9:14 PM, Zera said:

But how does one do this?

I"ve been looking everywhere for instruction on how to put my custom map on the in-game map on server, so that players download it to client when they join.

Everyone says "modloader" or "server packs" but I have no idea how any of that even functions properly to set it up. What kind of file does my in-game map have to be? What programs do I use to get it there?
Where do I have to put that file on the server? What do I have to set to tell clients "download this thing"?

I've been trying to find something to give me more info for over a week and nothing.. :'(

Example:

dont forget to add a line with your jar file to the serverpacks.properties

in my case it looks:

classname=org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod
classpath=serverpacks.jar
serverPacks=necropolis.jar

Add the new map:

If you dont have this folder, create a new folder called "maps" and safe you mapgraphic inside this folder

i created a map with the name necropolis.png and put the file into the maps folder

in mappings.txt i wrote 

map.necropolis = maps/necropolis.png

saving the mapsfolder with the graphic inside and the mapping.txt as necropolis.jar (in this case use your name)

it looks like:

necropolis.jar

-maps

--necropolis.png

-mappings.txt

Restart the server and it should work, dont forget you also need the clientmodloader

i hope this helps

Eject

Edited by Eject

Can we get this stickied? This is super helpful, and I would hate for it to get buried!