Captain_Chaos

WorldPainter to Wurm Unlimited converter

2 hours ago, Captain_Chaos said:

Alright, I've updated the converter. If you redownload it it should now work with worlds created with the current version of WorldPainter.

You sir, are awesome!

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Just a quick update: I updated the Wurm Unlimited converter so that it is now a WorldPainter plugin instead of a stand-alone command line tool, that allows you to export Wurm Unlimited maps directly from WorldPainter by choosing it as the Map Format on the Export screen. Note that the functionality of the converter itself has not changed. I updated the links and instructions in the first post, check that out for details and let me know if you have any questions or experience any problems!

Cheers,
Captain_Chaos

• Like 1

FYI: the plugin has been updated again to work with the latest release of WorldPainter, just in case any one is actually still using it. ?

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is still being developed or not so this is probably a waste of time, but as a suggestion it would be great if it were possible to add different types of trees individually instead of in groups. (For example add patches of just cherry trees instead of orchards with a mixture of tree types). Also it'd be nice to be able to add marsh tiles by themselves. Again I'm probably wasting my time by suggesting this, but I'm currently working on a big custom map project and this is the best tool I can find. I'm probably the only one using it ?

Hi guys, how's it going? Anyone still using this? Are people actually playing on maps created with this?

On 5/1/2020 at 10:59 AM, Captain_Chaos said:

Hi guys, how's it going? Anyone still using this? Are people actually playing on maps created with this?

I've started messing about on WU, and I've just started using this to play about with making maps. Mixed results so far, but very impressive capabilities, top job!

Hi guys. Is anyone still using this? I don't think it works any more for the current version of Wurm Unlimited (at least not in a quick test I did); should I look into making it work again?

I don't know how this didn't get more attention. Since 2017, I've wanted something like World Painter to make Wurm maps. I couldn't ask for anything better than World Painter itself and the Wurm converter lol. It saddens me that I've totally missed this. If you are still willing to work on this, please do fix it! Wurm Unlimited won't be getting new updates! Randomly generated maps won't satisfy my need for artistic land shaping!

Sorry for the necropost , but look, it's beautiful!

Hey, I just got this game and I'd love to use this tool, but I'm not sure if it works :[  looks awesome though!

Edited by Chillpill