Sign in to follow this  
BlazerX

Wurm in Balance - Current Year: Spring 999

Yes, it's back. And it's complex as ever.

I plan to add a bit more realism to this game as opposed to the game that RedSyndicate was hosting on the Wurm Online forums. It will feature the following new and existing features:

4 seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter) instead of 2

Player-Made Kingdoms instead of flat-out villages

Random Events (such as widespread droughts, storms, or outside threats)

All kingdoms will start out with 20 villagers, and may recruit from unaffiliated (UA) groups.

These UA groups won't be shown on the map, as they are invisible and only exist when they join a player's kingdom.

Villager count to be split into 5 different classes:

Laborers

Master Craftsmen

Warriors

Apprentices

Unassigned Villagers

How you divide these villagers

Okay, this is how you will sign up to play in this game room:

Step 1: I need a few details on how you want to start out your kingdom, so PM me these things:

The name of your kingdom*

The color you wish to use to represent your kingdom. Feel free to send RGB codes if you want something specific

The name* and location of your main (starting) village (Cropped pics with village on them would be much appreciated.)

How you would like to divide your initial 20 villagers

The main religon of your kingdom (optional)

Your initial village will start out with nothing but the token and depending on your location, a few small boats, so buildings must be constructed.

Note that all currently existing villages on this map do not exist in our game.

First turn is the Spring of year 999

-If a certain resource is within your AoC, you can obtain certain perks, such as more efficient smithing, which right now have an undisclosed effect.

-Depending on how you allocate your Unassigned villagers, certain actions may go more smoothly than others

-Remember to plant your crops during the spring and summer so that you may have reserves to last through the hash Wurmian winter. (Spoiler)

-Beware of random events!

Sign-Up ends Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 19:00:00 GMT (7:00 PM)

First turns due in at July 12, 2009 at 12:00:00 GMT-7

Sorry for strange timing, but this is when it bext works out for me.

And here's the map:

Mappre-game3.png

Pre-game Sign-Up is now closed! Anyone that signs up after this post is submitted will be entered into the game upon the next turn, which in this case would be Summer of Year 999

4 out of 15 slots filled

Player - Kingdom - Color

Jazman - Valhalla - Green

banannahammock - Azrael - Violet/Purple

CommonEnemy - Autobahn - White

RedAlertFan - RAF - Red

NOTE:

NOTE ALL ACTIONS ONLY ACCEPTED VIA PM

EDIT: All actions not sent via PM are considered null and void.

My kingdom is spelled Azrael not Azael

I don't get it... you guys playing Wurm Risk or something via PM?

I don't get it... you guys playing Wurm Risk or something via PM?

NOTICE:

If you send me a PM to sign up before I wake up tomorrow morning, you can join into the game before the first turn goes through (just don't forget to send in your turns too!) If you don't take advantage of this opportunity, you'll have to wait until this turn is complete to join into the game.

Actions for Spring of Year 999

FORENOTE: Villages are capable of being expanded from size 10 to size 15 and then to 20, but this act will nullify any other work being done. To expand to size 15, the village must have a population of 50 or higher. It is also possible to plant other Villages in other locations, but they will only start out as a size 5.

Mappre-game3.png

Kingdom Valhalla – Jazman

Village Ragnarok – Population: 20

Laborers: 3

Master Craftsmen: 5

Apprentice: 1

Warriors: 11

Unassigned: 0

Events:

-Villagers begin their spring planting of all sorts of crops.

-While mining for stone, a vein of iron ore is discovered.

-Villagers begin to stockpile lumber.

Kingdom Autobahn – CommonEnemy

Village – Prague – Population: 20

Laborers: 2

Apprentices: 2

Warriors: 10

Unassigned: 1

Events:

-The one mysterious unassigned villager makes his pilgrimage to the Black Light to pray in hopes of becoming a priest.

-Construction begins on the first stone housing, which goes up fairly quickly.

-The first defenses are constructed as small stone walls are built in a ring around the village.

-Workers begin digging dirt in a pre-emptive effort to build terraformed defenses. 31% completed at end of season. (dice roll)

-In an effort to gain more fighting experience, warriors head out on hunting trips around the peninsula.

Kingdom Azrael – banannahammock

Village Oasis – Population: 26

Laborers: 4

Master Craftsmen: 8

Apprentices: 4

Events:

-Progress begins on the village as communal crafting and storage buildings are constructed.

-Laborers begin hauling dirt for the creation of a dirt wall. 25% completed at end of season. (dice roll)

-6 Unaffiliated villagers recruited, assimilated into 2 Masters, 4 Apprentices

-While creating a tunnel, iron ore is discovered.

-Some of the Azraelan warriors are trained as priests and priestesses of Libilia and all are brought out on hunting trips on neighboring islands.

-Azraelan villagers begin to build guard towers and Libilian altars around the island, but progress is slow due to other simultaneous projects.

-Construction of 6 boats begins.

Kingdom RAF – RedAlertFan

Village RAF – Population: 19

L: 4

MC:2

W:8

A:4

U:1

Events:

-All villagers begin construction of a plateau to construct the village on.

-RANDOM EVENT: After abnormally heavy rainfall, a large landslide ensues, washing away most previous progress on the plateau and two laborers get caught in the onslaught. 1 Deaths, 0 Injured (Decided by dice roll.)

-Plateau is finished and reinforced before the Summer rains roll in. (dice roll)

ENDNOTES: With your next turns, prepare for the Wurmian wet season, Summer. Take advantage of the time and plant those crops!

why banana is crossed out :)?

lol redalert got owned at begin :3

Watch as I get all the bad stuff.

nah. I said to myself, okay if I roll 8, I'll hit him, and lone behold, I hit 8, and then I'm like, okay... if I hit 2, and there it is, snake eyes...

I do the random event roll for everyone.

Wait i got it reinforced even though i lost someone.

yeah. Your citizens were encouraged by this man's sacrifice so they worked even harder to finish the plateau.

hmm i read i am to late to sign up?

No register now and you'll be in next turn.

Events for the Summer of Year 999

NEW FEATURES: Morale, affected by season, recent events in the village. Effects on the village are unknown, just don't hit 0%...

Mappre-game3.png

Kingdom Valhalla – Jazman

Village Ragnarok – Population: 29 - 92%

L: 7

MC: 6

A: 4

W: 12

UA: 0

Events:

-9 new villagers recruited. Assimilated into 4 Laborers, 1 Master Craftsman, 3 Apprentices, and 1 Warrior (Ran# on Calculator)

-Hunters head out on more hunting trips to neighboring islands

-Begin working on assorted boats

-A warehouse is constructed to store raw materials for construction.

-Alrithan, your chief advisor, praises the high morale rate and quality of life you have established.

Kingdom Autobahn – CommonEnemy

Village – Prague – Population: 20 - Morale: 86%

Laborers: 2

Apprentices: 2

Unassigned: 1

Events:

-A party of diplomats and warriors is sent out to RAF in the hopes of creating some sort of alliance

-The remaining warriors split into 2 groups, one to defend the village, and another to hunt on the steppe to the north.

-An entrance mine is started and iron is quickly found.

-Laborers continue their work on dirt defenses. 67% completed at end of season. (dice roll)

-Unnassigned villager returns from the black light as a priest, and begins work on a temple/outpost on the steppe to the north. Apprentices are dispatched to help him in this endeavor.

-Your brother Malachor says, "Man, this might be the heaviest rainfall I've seen in years."

Kingdom Azrael – banannahammock

Village Oasis – Population: 26 - Morale: 76%

Laborers: 4

Master Craftsmen: 8

Apprentices: 4

Events:

-Progress on the new communal buildings continues steadily

-Laborers begin hauling dirt for the creation of a dirt wall. 57% completed at end of season. (dice roll)

-With their newly discovered iron, a large amount of chain armor and an abundance of swords are created

-Training of Azraelan warriors continue as the priest-trained warriors create zombie animals to prepare for the instance of an attack.

-The search for lead, gold, copper, and silver veins continues underneath the island, but to no avail.

-While out hunting, 2 of your warriors come across a Valhallan hunting party and returns, telling stories of the strange men from the south, starting rumors paranoia of an imminent attack

-Fields of cotton, wemp, corn, potato, and cotton are planted just in time for the summer rains.

-Construction of guard towers and altars continues steadily, at this point, the entire island is coated in a thick layer of Mycelium

-Construction of the final ship continues (82% complete at end of season) through the summer rains as the 5 sailboats are completed.

-Crasus, your closest advisor shows his concern over how close your village is to the village of Ragnarok. He advises you to either make peace or make war on these men.

Kingdom RAF – RedAlertFan

Village RAF – Population: 19 - Morale: 78%

L: 7

MC:3

W:8

A:1

U:0

Events:

-Expansion of the plateau continues steadily through the rainy season without serious event. 84% complete at end of season.

-A great multitude of animals are tamed and penned.

-3 apprentices complete the appreticeship program. Assimilated into 1 Master Craftsman and 2 Laborers

-Neilos, your closest advisor reminds you to send out recruiting parties to grow the population.

Global Events:

-A fleet of large ships of unknown origin are seen sailing around the northern and western coastlines.

-A strange figure is spotted flying in the sky.

-The summer rains set in around mid-June and drench the entire continent in an average of 2 inches of rain per week.

yeah im not joining because i know soon real pvp starts again and ill have no attention to simulate it when i can do it in the real game.

sorry guys been kinda busy with family and all, if the turn doesn't happen today, it'll go tomorrow for sure.