Sign in to follow this  
Nappy

Please close - Valhalla Descendants is recruiting and we are looking for YOU!

Valhalla Descendants is recruiting and we are looking for YOU.

VD is located in the Epic cluster on the south eastern portion of the Elevation island. We are an active white light community. VD is the fourth largest kingdom on the server and despite our kingdom wide silence on the Wurm forums we are very much alive, active and happy.

Our kingdom consists of the four major cities of Jotenheim, Vanaheim, Niebleheim and Asgard as well as secondary towns and small villages.

As a kingdom our focus beyond all else is having a strong community that enjoys playing and having fun together. Our recruitment process reflects this clear and strong focus on our community.

Ex-Freedomers play alongside veteran Chaos/Epic players. Some people use Epic portals so that they can continue to enjoy both Freedom and Epic. All skills are valued in our kingdom whether you are a farmer, a fighter or a papyrus maker.

We only have two primary rules in our kingdom:

1) Treat each other with respect. Give to people the respect that you expect to  receive from others in the kingdom. When in doubt err on the side of courtesy

2) Defend the kingdom

If you are new to PVP and/or Epic we have prepared a training guideline to help you quickly get to the point where you can realistically help defend the kingdom, join PVP raids or just have a lot more fun with the game. Numerous kingdom members are available to answer your questions and to help you reach your goals.

We use Team Speak constantly in our kingdom. In order to join the kingdom and remain a member in good standing you need to use Team Speak as well. This is free software to download. All server costs are already covered by the kingdom.

Reach out to the following people to get the recruitment process started:

Ingame:             Lundu

Wurm Forums:  Lundu

Forum moderators - please remove any trolling messages from the thread as required. We will also do our best to report these messages.

Edited by Nappy
  • Like 2

The recruitment process:

1) Contact one of the following people to start the recruitment process:

Ingame:             Lundu
     Wurm Forums:  Lundu

2) A Teamspeak interview is arranged. At the interview we will ask you to introduce yourself to us while we also tell you about the kingdom and answer the questions you may have. At the end of the interview we will submit your application for consideration

3) Generally within a short time your application is approved and the kingdom will contact you to arrange your entry. Some recruits have their own ships/boats etc while others require assistance traveling to the kingdom. We do our best to help both arrive safely

4) Once in the kingdom you will be assigned to a recruitment village where you will live during your initial time in the kingdom as a new recruit. This time period of usually 2 - 4 weeks is designed to give you a chance to get to know the kingdom while also giving the kingdom a chance to get to know you.

During your time as a new recruit you are not permitted to move to another kingdom deed or to create your own deed without the approval of the kingdom elders. These restrictions are removed once your new recruit time period is complete.

You can expect to have several one-on-one chats with kingdom elders to find out how things are going, to answer questions you may have or to provide you with any help you require.

5) With completion of your new recruit status you will be asked to decide on what you want to do next in the kingdom. Choices are:

i) Remain a full citizen in the recruitment village

ii) Join another kingdom settlement as a full citizen

iii) Create your own deed in the kingdom (if you choose this option then other kingdom members will come to your new deed and provide you with some basic start-up help (creating a safe mine, leveling, cutting down trees) as recognition of the help you provided while living in the recruitment village).

iv) Safe passage out of the kingdom. Provided you act decently then you will be provided with safe transportation out of the kingdom with all of your belongings to as close to your ultimate desired location as realistically possible

The recruitment process has worked extremely well for the kingdom so far. Previous recruits have also reported liking the process with it's clear emphasis on people having a fun time and protecting/growing a positive community.

Edited by Nappy

Common questions:

1) Will I be a "slave" during the new recruit time?

No. Regardless of recruitment status we recognize that people play this game to have fun. Although we will ask you to assist with kingdom and deed projects, a priority that we want you to have is a chunk of time, each and every day, for something that you enjoy doing in game. We do not want you to lose the fun in the game you play.

2) I am coming from freedom. My skills get reset to beginner when I cross the portal. Am I able to have fun on Epic?

When you join the kingdom we will make several training recommendations that will help you progress quickly so that you can start participating in PVP if desired. The initial recommendations are focused on giving you skills that will help you defend yourself and your kingdom as quickly as possible.

With sleep bonus you can generally reach 50 in any skill with two solid days of effort directed at that skill making it possible to reach very useful skill levels much faster then on the freedom cluster.

3) Will I have a place to sleep?

All recruitment villages provide shelter including beds so that you can earn sleep bonus

4) Where do I get Weapons, armor etc?

As quickly as possible we provide you with weapons, armor, horse gear, horses etc as required.

5) I really want to become a priest. Do you support that?

We have priests of Fo, Vyn, Mag, Nahjo, Nathan and Tosiek available to help convert you. Usually at least one priest of each type has reasonably high preaching skill. When converted by one of these priests you will usually have a starting faith of 8 - 12 instead of the usual 1. This translates to a few less days to earn the faith you need to priest up. When the time comes to priest up we will assist you with your journey to the white or black light.

6) Do I have to buy everything?

While some items are sold between people using silver the far more common approach is to use a very simple "help each other out" system. In this system you let people know what you need and usually someone in the kingdom helps you out. Later when you see a request you can help with then you also help out returning the favor. This allows people to specialize in skills they enjoy rather then feeling the need to be good at everything.

7) Why doesn't your kingdom participate in the Wurm forums?

For some people and kingdoms the Wurm forums have become an extension of the PVP battleground. Lots of trash talk about other kingdoms and players usually without much basis in fact. The forums really paint the Epic PVP community in a bad light and detract from people's enjoyment of the game. We prefer to support the Epic cluster rather then bash it constantly so we generally decline to participate in the negative trash talk.

We recognize that talk is cheap while actions count.

We offer the recruitment period as a way for people to really get to know our kingdom and our community.

Rather then hear us tell you how great we are, you can experience it yourself and ultimately decide if you want to stay. It's our actions that show our true state, not our words.

8) How long is the new recruit time period?

It is generally 2 to 4 weeks. This time period is greatly affected by your time in game and your community participation during this phase. If you only login once a week for 30 minutes then it will take us a lot longer to get to know you. As a consequence you should expect a longer new recruit time as a result.

9) How dangerous is it?

As the only kingdom still actively fighting against Rome in the southern sections of Elevation you can reasonably expect to encounter Roman recon and raiding parties during your time with us. Other kingdoms are much more rarely seen.

10) Do I have to participate in PVP raids?

The only requirement is that you be prepared to defend your kingdom. We do have an active PVP group that enjoys raiding and roaming the islands to find PVP whereever it appears. If you enjoy this kind of activity then you are welcome to join.

We also have kingdom members who enjoy crafting and building while having little to no interest in actively seeking out PVP. They also enjoy the danger and excitement of living on a full loot PVP server. This group is fully prepared to defend the kingdom whenever and wherever required.

Both play types are enjoyable, fun and important parts of what makes our kingdom special.

11) How does loot distribution work? What about if I find a treasure chest?

Any loot you find while out on your own is yours. If you are out with a group raiding then the group will roll for the loot upon return to safe territory.

Treasure chests that you find are also yours. If you have insufficient lock-picking skill to open the chest then a quick kingdom shout-out will likely get you some assistance. How you choose to reward the lockpicker's assistance is completely up to you. Many people who help pick the lock actually enjoy the thrill of doing so although some small token of appreciation is usually well received.

12) Does Valhalla Descendants have a living history?

VD has a written history that begins just before the founding of the kingdom and extends right up until current date. Major events, player achievements and even funny stories are preserved into the kingdom history for all to read and enjoy.

The history provides a more content rich experience for people who like being part of a kingdom with a historical backdrop. 

When you join the kingdom you also gain the opportunity to help shape the history of VD.

Edited by Nappy

I've been with VD for a bit over a week now as part of their trial period. You live and work on a newer deed while as they get to know you and determine if you are a good fit for the kingdom.

VD seems to be small in numbers. You will easily get to know all the regulars. But we have some very high strength players who help you out a lot.

If you're looking for a smaller more intimate group with some good vets and a strong sense of community I would recommend VD.

Edited by Eldurian

Very well put together recruitment thread nappy. Vd has to be one of the best communitys that I've had the privilege to chat with. Join for fun times!

I have left Epic. Please close this recruitment thread so VD can create a new one for future recruits.