Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

What hosting company are you using?

I got a question,  I upgraded my net to full speed , they just dug up my town this summer for new fiber lines, i now download between 93-100 mb/s   nice from my old 3-6mb ;-( past 5 yrs., cost me $80 a month now vs 50$   I also got signed up for $15 a month more for unlimited GB download, I guess with 2 xboxs, apple tv. 2 cmputer, laptop. and 3 tablets plus 2 iphones. my family and I were using 300-600gb a month.

so now my question.  with this full speed net and unlimited GB download a month,  could i run a good size server with either my 12gb ram or 16 gb ram computer, as a dedicated server.  was thinking the 12GB as i use my 16gb to play on,  I signed up for 3 accounts,  for the family to play. but also thought could run to servers later on linked together, pve and pvp.

I just don't know about servers, would it kill my computer and harddrives, would i have to disable sleep and slowdown drive modes to keep server running,   I ask all this. as I  wonder about the 7.95$ /gb servers out there for rent, vs the cost of replacing a computer if it burns out.   the highest ram use so far was only 1GB for a 4k map. but only 1 player.

thank you,  so far i can make a 8k map with my 16gb ram. but a 16k map fails to finish. so far.    only wanted to make a huge one for the fun of it though,  would hate to host it. lol even with the 200 players on it. we'd all be playing alone a ton, so far from each other,  xanadu is like that now.

I think a 2 or 4k map is big enough, 2k best, can always link another map to it later,  I own 3 copies of WU  , 2 computers could run servers easily

Rack Space - its not cheap, but if you really want a good infrastructure with excellent DDoS protection and D&R its the way to go.

I also use Rack Space.    Very reliable for a large community 

Hi, I want to just say that I have a server from https://www.freemine.hosting (I love this host  :wub:)  and I was began with a free server and currently I have a BATMINE plan. 

Currently, I have put FTB infinity evolved. The best with this host, it's the minecraft panel. I was never seen a panel like that before. Just look at it ! It's so amazing ! 

If you want to play on my server, you can ask me, I'll give you my skype.

Pingperfect

http://pingperfect.com/gameservers/

Great service low price been with them since start of WU had only 3 issues ever with them on WU first to where answered and fixed in under 7 mins 5 mins to answer the ticket and 2 mins to fix the issue. the 3rd was answered in 8 mins and fixed in a hour cause had to transfer game and stuff over to new mainframe. My service has been super amazing and fast. If I ever have a question I get a very fast response time from support. Even had tools made for me. When WU first had a beta branch I contacted them asked them about it and they made me a tool that day to opt in to beta branches. So yes very good company cheap in price great servers. They have been way cheaper than other top server host. I run a 3gig server for WU and it only cost me 15.96 USD a month. Just want to give them a shout out for giving me a amazing service since WU came out.

• Like 2

I have hosted with server basket and I am a happy customer to sign up with Managed Windows dedicated hosting.  I have not faced any issue, so far. 99% uptime and unlimited bandwidth full root access. Expert 24*7 support team to resolve queries in a minimal time. Plans according to the requirements. Reliable hosting provider at an affordable price. Totally impressed with services.

Edited by Deepesh

Pingperfect was my best choice ever. Very fast support 7 days/week, day and night, very helpfull if you need new features.. and a perfect staff team who knows how to work with wurm servers.

Because this, i moved 3 wurm-servers from another company to pingperfect and now own 3 other games (Arma, Ark, 7d2d) here at my server.

I never would leave pingperfect.

Edited by Eject

On 3/21/2018 at 10:55 AM, Eject said:

Pingperfect was my best choice ever. Very fast support 7 days/week, day and night, very helpfull if you need new features.. and a perfect staff team who knows how to work with wurm servers.

Because this, i moved 3 wurm-servers from another company to pingperfect and now own 3 other games (Arma, Ark, 7d2d) here at my server.

I never would leave pingperfect.

Looks like pingperfect, does not sell any WU servers anymore.

I just purchased a server through AAGameHosting and my server works great! Had no problems getting my server up with the mods that we wanted. Great experience so far would recommend!

Regards, J

I have rented a server through 1and1 and my game server working fine, the support is really good with stringent quality at affordable price.