Sign in to follow this  
Chiqa

Nw Xan Impalong

I had a wonderful time at the impalong.  I wish I could have spent more time in game for it but that darn RL kept interfering!

Sadly, my main, Abbynormal wasn't able to do as much to help as I had hoped.  By the time I was able to get there, all the carpentry was about done.  I manage to find two fishing poles at the very end that I was able to help with though!  That only puts me down from the real workers by about 800 hours of work or so!

Thanks again to everyone who put in the time and effort to make this work... I love these things!  My shiny new priests managed some nice faith gains which helps a lot, managed to build up some more channeling... I'm not ready for prime time but I think I am down to only blowing 3/4 of the tools instead of 4/5!

Thank you so much to all the organisers, the impers, the priests, mob spawners and of course anyone else who showed up. You made my first impalong an unforgettable experience that was well worth getting lost trying to find the place for. I feel I will however always be known as Ehizellboob from now on... It was a great week, and I look forward to the next one ;)

/me mutters something about it all being Quiglen's fault.

• Like 1

I'm glad you guys had a great time.

And whoops me and my typos.. but look on the bright side, you are now the famous Ehizellboob! and yes it's my fault lol :P

Q

Let me say what an outstanding Impalong this has been. The atmosphere was great. I sailed from Celebration to be here and I was not disappointed in the slightest!

The main thing I want to mention is how well prepared and how well run this event was. It was evident that the organizers have a lot of experience with Impalongs or have done the right research. The setup was probably the best I have ever seen. Everything was close and accessible. The facing of every station was out, to reduce lag. The ceilings were high, to prevent claustrophobia and plenty of grated windows allowed glimpses of the amazing view around. The sermon area was on top of the building, which ensured that nobody even had to move from their station and interrupt their work while giving the priests best possible gains. Even those who had no idea how sermons worked were probably in the right place for them, due to the design. As an imper, everything I needed was literally just a turn of my character away. I turned to get leather, I turned to get water, I turned to imp, etc. As a result, this impalong had the fastest imp rate of all that I have ever attended. I think we imped more items per imper than ever before.

If you missed the Impalong, I still urge you to visit the deed. Most of it is not complete yet, but the castle on top of the mountain is. And what a sight! I can't wait to come back when the deed is fully finished. Maybe one day I'll make a summer home in the area :)

And of course, the best thing of all was the fact that I met so many players. Some of you have just been names on the forums here. Now, I know you in virtual person! Great stuff.

Merry Christmas all! This has been a blast.

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 2

I admit it is very gratifying that wearing out my whip on Q's butt did the trick. He was great about meeting my demands to name every forge and over stock mats as much as possible. We had fun imped allot and thank you all for coming. Everyone contributes to the success of an impalong from organizers,  to crazy friends that willingly make hundreds of steel to, to those that show up early and help with final prep as well as that newbie that is just confused. 

It is Q's fault I have brick and mortar trauma. 

Edited by Chiqa
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the kind words Valdor and thanks to so many of you guys that complimented the event and deed. And a special thanks to Retrograde!

It was prepped well and ran smooth and I would love to take credit for it but I have to admit a couple of things... the Hall of Artisans building plan was ripped off from Chulirac lol :ph34r: He held an impalong on Exodus that I attended (my first one) and I paid attention to how he built it. I just received a letter from his lawyer about it so soon it will be renamed Chulirac's Hall of Artisans :P

Next, Chiqa is a pro at prepping and knowing how things should be for an implaong. She has the experience and put a lot of hard work in. I do have to say this about her though. If she hits me with that whip one more time i'm going to break it off in her... ummm I mean she is a delight!

I can't say enough about Odynn and what he did for the event and so many others that are named on the list above. It really was a team effort. 

To sum it up. I did nothing!... but... it's ok, it's my fault!

In honor and loving memory of Oracle, 

Q

• Like 1

Great event, really well designed Hall of Artisans and the rest of the deed also very impressive.

On Friday, December 25, 2015 at 5:06 AM, Quiglen said:

... the Hall of Artisans building plan was ripped off from Chulirac lol :ph34r: He held an impalong on Exodus that I attended (my first one) and I paid attention to how he built it. I just received a letter from his lawyer about it so soon it will be renamed Chulirac's Hall of Artisans 

Messrs Filtch'it & Sue'em will be contacting you shortly, they have been occupied over the Xmas holidays waterboarding a kid who expected a present and food from one of their clients!

Luckily they do have your admission that is was all your fault, on record, and in front of witnesses, so the matter shouldn't take too long to resolve and the spilt blood kept to a minimum (the cleaning bill for their suits will be forwarded to you on the conclusion of the case).

They wish you a Happy New Year and ask that you have your bank vaults contents properly documented and ready for inspection. This includes the "secret" vault beneath the deed!

Any attempts to off load your assets to a third party prior to the conclusion of this enquiry will results in dire consequences ( we have the original whip that your citizen Chiqa modelled hers on!). They are also prepared to hire the 3 renegade witches, known as Chiqa,  Silvirwolfe and Tria to extract any information deemed necessary.

Wishing you a Happy New Year and an exciting 2016

Chulirac

• Like 1