Sign in to follow this  
JockII

(epic) Home server merchants taunt-able.

My suggestion is to allow any merchants to be taunt-able on home servers as it becomes an insane mess of undefended extra bank slot merchants.

What about the people who are trying to sell things?

Well these people would work togther to build a market deed and as a kingdom defend it. Creating a stronger integration of players on the home severs plus encourage a defense of something valuable to the whole community.

This is just my way of thinking that nothing should be 100% safe on a pvp server other than the silvers and few items player are allowed to bank.

• Like 4

I like this idea. Have always wondered why it wasn't a thing. +1

lol no.  I can only speak for mrh but theres only like 2 or 3 random bank merchants I think, I remember one for sure from some mrh guy that quit

Maybe just some mechanic that if an item is 20s or more it allows the merch to be taunted only for those, I dunno, bank merchants can just be hidden away on personal deeds and legit sellers are screwed by it

I'm sure with all the time you spent on an alt at glittershore you know how many of all those merchants are not bank merchants

lol no.  I can only speak for mrh but theres only like 2 or 3 random bank merchants I think, I remember one for sure from some mrh guy that quit

Maybe just some mechanic that if an item is 20s or more it allows the merch to be taunted only for those, I dunno, bank merchants can just be hidden away on personal deeds and legit sellers are screwed by it

I'm sure with all the time you spent on an alt at glittershore you know how many of all those merchants are not bank merchants

pretty sure i cover the legit guys buy way of a market deed.

you know how many merchants are on your home server?

ok lol

+1, too many times have i been frustrated with raiding a deed for hours only to find everything on a merchant

To humor Gary i actually check the merchants at glimmering. 7 of them so about 15% are bank alts. That's at glimershore alone.

I don't really see the point to screw over legit merchants when everyone on a home server who uses them for storage will just make a few storage alts instead. It won't fix the problem..

All that will happen if they're made tauntable is that it will create a scramble for the trash tier players to drain every legitimate merchant before their owners move them.

Edited by Aflacduck
  • Like 1

+1 because pmks use merchants on enemy homeservers as safe storage and to store gear they use to grief with alts.

you know how many merchants are on your home server?

ok lol

+1, too many times have i been frustrated with raiding a deed for hours only to find everything on a merchant

yes

How many home server deeds have you raided for hours?  What names/server?

yes

You want me to list off all of the JKH deeds i've hit?

Seriously? Even with a longstanding reputation for raiding JKH?

The only reason we stopped was because deeds either had nothing, everything on a merchant, or people wouldn't fight us any more.

+1 wurm was originally made to be a pvp game, and im good with anything trying to steer it towards its roots. Merchants should be taunt-able on chaos as well

You want me to list off all of the JKH deeds i've hit?

no just the ones that took hours to only find a merchant   edit:  im just curious how much of a legit problem it is, I don't use merchants I use alts, I only have a merchant to offload crap to randoms so I'm on mrh for it from time to time and don't really see many people abusing them :l

Merchants should be taunt-able on chaos as well

+1 the two pvp servers that definitively should have it are elevation and chaos

Edited by MrGARY

-1 to being able to taunt merchants on  home servers. Most of these are legit sellers.

+1 wurm was originally made to be a pvp game, and im good with anything trying to steer it towards its roots. Merchants should be taunt-able on chaos as well

And chaos code totes won't leak onto freedom lol

Edit - also this is about home servers on epic, make a thread for this if you are serious

Edited by Postinglels

-1 to being able to taunt merchants on  home servers. Most of these are legit sellers.

at glimmer shore alone 15% of them are bank alts, i had to check after Gary asked me how many are there. That's just at the start deed on one server in open display of the public. 

yes

as much as it pains me to side with proph...

he did raid my deed on jkh for over 6 hours when i lived at iron moors

+1 because pmks use merchants on enemy homeservers as safe storage and to store gear they use to grief with alts.

U only +1 this coz my merchant is in ur bedroom, u damn hoarder

U only +1 this coz my merchant is in ur bedroom, u damn hoarder

No no I moved into the corner of the token house now :P

-1 Stupid idea. Screw over legit merchants on home server. yes some people may store items on a merchant, but there are a lot more people using them as intended.

If this were implemented maybe 1/2 storage merchants would be taunted, while all the legit ones would be wiped out.

• Like 1

My suggestion is to allow any merchants to be taunt-able on home servers as it becomes an insane mess of undefended extra bank slot merchants.

What about the people who are trying to sell things?

Well these people would work togther to build a market deed and as a kingdom defend it. Creating a stronger integration of players on the home severs plus encourage a defense of something valuable to the whole community.

This is just my way of thinking that nothing should be 100% safe on a pvp server other than the silvers and few items player are allowed to bank.

I'd support this if it also came with a viable/non-game breaking solution for bank alts.