Sign in to follow this  
Wyndolm

Everyone can modify iron fence gate permissions !

I have an iron fence gate in my house that should prevent everyone except me from entering a certain area. The people are locked out BUT everyone can click on 'Manage gate' and give himself the permission even when they don't have the modify perms perm. Tested this with 2 (non-mayor) citizens of my village.

Another bug in that context is that then i (the owner of the gate) clicked on 'Deny All' for all groups and then not even me, the owner could modify the settings anymore. Sorry thats total crap!!!! The owner must always have all rights (If owner then skip permcheck!) ! The mayor of my city could fix the problem but that really doesn't make sense because dozens of ppl will lock themselves out from setting perms.

Why is there a Deny All setting at all? Deny All should be the default, only positive perms are given?

Char: Wyndolm, Xanadu, Deadwater Port

Edited by Wyndolm
  • Like 1

Maybe we can get a name of the gates owner when we examine the gate?

Edited by Kegan

You said the gate is inside your house correct? If so then possibly the problem is that the writ of the building (well not writs anymore but perm settings on the building) are over riding the gate perms like it does for all the doors?

No that can't be because the normal house doors are set to let citizens enter and not allow them to modify perms. The gate tho doesn't allow them to pass thru which is correct but they can modify the permissions on the gate without having the permission to do so. This is a MAJOR bug which needs to be fixed asap. I know there are some nice unicorns behind fence gates at BBM that i really would like to have ... you get the idea?

Edited by Wyndolm

gotcha. Was just a thought, hope it gets sorted soon :)

I have an iron fence gate in my house that should prevent everyone except me from entering a certain area. The people are locked out BUT everyone can click on 'Manage gate' and give himself the permission even when they don't have the modify perms perm. Tested this with 2 (non-mayor) citizens of my village.

Another bug in that context is that then i (the owner of the gate) clicked on 'Deny All' for all groups and then not even me, the owner could modify the settings anymore. Sorry thats total crap!!!! The owner must always have all rights (If owner then skip permcheck!) ! The mayor of my city could fix the problem but that really doesn't make sense because dozens of ppl will lock themselves out from setting perms.

Why is there a Deny All setting at all? Deny All should be the default, only positive perms are given?

Char: Wyndolm, Xanadu, Deadwater Port

Currently, your 'gate' is being managed by your deed permissions, so any citizen with the 'Manage allowed items' permission can manage that gate.  Until a change is made to either allow the 'building' or 'owner' to manage the gate, you can do a few things to secure your area:

1.  Change the gate to a door and manage the door.

2.  Change your village settings to only allow yourself or trusted friends to manage allowed items.

This issue is will be logged, but I can't promise a timeframe for a fix.

Thanks for your report.

Thanks for the answer. May i suggest the following since the situation at hand renders (fence) gates practically useless for citizens. Now i seriously need to build 'gate houses' which use normal doors to protect my garden and breeding areas.

It should depend on the type of lock applied to a door (!) or gate, what type of permissions will take effect. If it's a 'Door Lock' then owner controlled and if part of a building then building permissions should take effect. If a 'Gate Lock' is applied to either a door or gate, then settlement permissions of gates take effect. Both can make sense. For example a public building might use doors but should probably follow gate rules so using gate locks on them, while a private garden with fence gates will want to follow house/owner controlled permissions which could be achieved then by using door locks for the fence gates. That way the user would control which perms take effect by applying a certain type of lock and not the item/door type. Also locks should be exchangeable or removable. Maybe even padlocks should be applyable to doors / gates which set pure owner controlled permissions.

Edited by Wyndolm