Sign in to follow this  
fencejumper

unlocked, locked boats [Fixed]

after the permissions system update, I checked all my stuff, found one of my knarrs unlocked. 

[03:18:05] It has a clinker-built hull assembled with iron rivets and one mast with a square yard sail. At insufficient wind it is rowed with oars. The side rudder is on the starboard side. It has a lock of poor quality, which is unlocked. It is made from applewood. You notice some notches you must carve away in order to improve the "South View Monastery". Ql: 43.46951, Dam: 5.367853. It is moored here. The name of the owner, Stonesolid, has been etched in the stern.

clearly it still has a lock attached, but it's not locked. no idea why.

I was able to 'fix' it by activating an item right clicking the boat, was a new submenu with the ships name, and an option to remove lock. I did that and then reattached the lock and all seems well.​

I've had this happen 2 more times, once during one of the permissions restarts, and again when I traveled to Indy this afternoon. Not sure at what point it was unlocked for the indy trip, just noticed it when I couldn't manage permissions.

I have reports of this already in the bug list being investigated.  Please remove the lock and put a different lock on and keep the key someplace safe?  I've not narrowed down the cause yet, so please let us know if replacing the lock and keeping the key helps the unlocked issue.

I have reports of this already in the bug list being investigated.  Please remove the lock and put a different lock on and keep the key someplace safe?  I've not narrowed down the cause yet, so please let us know if replacing the lock and keeping the key helps the unlocked issue.

Edited by fencejumper

I've since replaced the original lock with a new one that I keep the key on me, seems to work ok, crossed servers a few times on deliveries tonight and have not had a problem yet. I've placed the lock inside my vynora altar named bugged lock, will hold onto it for a while incase someone wants to poke it.

• Like 1

I have in the mean time replaced the lock with a freshly created one a few days ago and after traveling to a few servers, have not had another problem. So seems that works as a work around.

• Like 1