Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

WurmAPI - create your own Wurm world

Could you upload the wurmAPI as jar file for easier use as lib pls :)

Sure, I will take a look at that.

Maybe I'm missing something stupid here... I added common.jar to my build path (using eclipse) and made a class "MapTest" and copied the example from the first post. It seems like the classes WurmAPI and MapData aren't in the jar? 

I have classes under: com.wurmonline.mesh.*

but not those under: com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.*

WurmAPI cannot be resolved to a type

MapData cannot be resolved to a type

Is there another file I'm missing?

Nvm, I found it. Stupid me lol.

Edited by Nubcraft

When setting the height at a specific set of coordinates, are you setting the height of the middle of the tile? Or of a corner? And if so, which corner?

A tile is four map points.  X, X+1, X+width, X+width+1 (or something close to that, it's too early for maths).

A tile's "main" coordinate is the NW corner's coordinate.  So if NE coordinate is sand, the tile will be sand even if X+1 and X+width are dirt.

So this isn't really a map creator/editor per se? We need to build tools and interface to make it function?

Has anyone done so, and where would the link be please?

Work on my map generator is slowly going forward (not fully usable yet, GIF linked below is GUI test):

mapgen.gif

Yes, additional nodes/links as well as some functionalities can be easily modded in. And yes, there will be predefined generation examples as well.

• Like 3

On 11/11/2015 at 11:28 PM, Zenity said:

There are a number of them already, in this very subforum, perhaps the most advanced is Eitr's version here. http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133610-map-generator-20/

Apologies for such a dumb question, but I haven't programmed in over 15 years (well ... not seriously anyway).  I'm finding myself in the position where I need to make a "quick and dirty" change to Eitr's version of the map editor.  I THINK I know what change needs to be done, but how do I compile it?

EDIT: I have Visual Studio loaded (I was planning on doing some playing with Unity).  Has anyone tried the java plugin for that?

EDIT2: nm ... almost 6 hours later and I think I have it.

Edited by Lichbane

Small API update.

I added possibility to output downscaled map dumps in case of pseudo-3d dumps (for example if you need a quick preview of the map without rendering/saving the whole large image of map).