Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Tortoise Shields - using shell fragments to imp them

We were given tortoise shells and shields but we have no way to improve them up so i am suggesting that we be allowed to improve them like we can with the rest of the shields in the game.

To get the item needed to improve them with you would need to crush shells with a hammer and get fragments to use to improve the shield with. (like you would with iron lumps or logs on the other kind of shields)  

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

Give the rarity of turtles and the lack of bonus a turtle shield gives I'd be fine just using carp tools to imp it since it uses a wooden shield skill after all

• Like 1

They are pretty useless as is, so +1 from me, and I agree that it should use only carpentry items to improve.  Considering how wasted all that hype for vibrant sea life was, your chances for finding a supply of turtle anything is pretty slim.  Like everything so far, it's feast or famine.  When sharks were first introduced I could stand in one place on the shore of Black Dog Island on Indy and count 50+ sharks.   Now you're lucky to see 2 - 3 in the Inner Sea, and that's if you sail around to find them.  Oh well, it was great fight skill while it lasted.  Oh, and repair skill too since they were bashing walls on the coast when they arrived.  :blink:

They are pretty useless as is, so +1 from me, and I agree that it should use only carpentry items to improve.  Considering how wasted all that hype for vibrant sea life was, your chances for finding a supply of turtle anything is pretty slim.  Like everything so far, it's feast or famine.  When sharks were first introduced I could stand in one place on the shore of Black Dog Island on Indy and count 50+ sharks.   Now you're lucky to see 2 - 3 in the Inner Sea, and that's if you sail around to find them.  Oh well, it was great fight skill while it lasted.  Oh, and repair skill too since they were bashing walls on the coast when they arrived.  :blink:

To get turtles you pretty much need to make an artificial biome. You need lots and lots of sand near some shoreline.  Once it's big enough it will start to spawn lots of crabs/scorpions/turtles/hell scorpiuses.  Same thing with seals, if you want them, just dig everything down to rock near some water in a very large area and they will spawn like crazy. 

b4XhZem.png

Edited by Alexgopen