Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Why Indy?

I know this is kind of nonsense and is why i posted this in the wood scraps but why does everyone use Indy as an abbreviation of Independence?

I would think Inde would be a better choice. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Indy is a good server. Indy does not do much public hunts but i understand the problem of Indy people. 

Still Indy FTW.

Well, personally I am using Inde or Indie. As long as there is "ind" in name, it should be understandable.

• Like 1

I've wondered the same. Also why is indie short for independent, as in indie game developer. Lots of names are shortened with a y also.

Indy looks better than Indie and is a whole letter shorter, Inde just doesn't even look like a word at all. As a proud Australian whose culture shortens and ends almost every word with an o ie or y my gut tells me Indy is the best and most correct term, everyone else is wrong!

• Like 10

maybe i will start using just ind since that is what trade uses, lol

• Like 1

I think "Inde" looks like an incomplete word. It's like you just took a word and cut it in half. It also doesn't have a very obvious pronunciation if you just look at the word. "Indy" does have a pretty obvious pronunciation and looks like a proper word (to me).

Not that it really matters

• Like 2

everyone else is wrong!

I often think the same thing as well. Then once in a while I find that I am, wrong that is, not thinking, although if I think I am, then yea, I am thinking, so if I figure I am wrong, then in the end I am right anyway, so why bother, thinking that is...

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Indy looks better than Indie and is a whole letter shorter, Inde just doesn't even look like a word at all. As a proud Australian whose culture shortens and ends almost every word with an o ie or y my gut tells me Indy is the best and most correct term, everyone else is wrong!

Same boat but I usually say Indie. But atleast I don't say Indo m8! 

• Like 1

Laziness.

Same as calling someone called Robert, Rob, or bob. 

Same as everyone saying "deed". Living on a deed, "my deed"... while a deed is a document referring to the actual property.

Edited by Marlon

Laziness.

Same as calling someone called Robert, Rob, or bob. 

My name's David. I prefer to be called Dave. I must be lazy.

• Like 2

Probably.

Thanks for the valuable, quality response, in line with your usual.

Probably.

Thanks for the valuable, quality response, in line with your usual.

You said something stupid, and I followed through with an example to show exactly how your comment was short-sighted. Was it a little "wiseass-ish"?... sure. I guess. 

As for "quality responses" and "my usual", you weren't even around when 4/5 of my posts here were made. Go back to making one of your brownnosing/holier-than-thou posts and stop with the personal analysis. You don't know me well enough. :-*

Yea but not too lazy really. Just one letter shorter and typing this remark makes you seem more industrious too! Not that I know you well enough to be sure though.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I have to agree with Emoo here, it really needs more aussie-isms. Indyo, Delo, Davo, Rayo,,,Emoo-o?...Xano....