Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Adventure mode

We all have been talking about the WO vs WU stuff but i was wondering what this new adventure mode is all about. All we have seen so far is..

"There are initially two modes planned for release: “Adventureâ€, which is a predefined world with a few warring kingdoms to live in and explore, and “Creative†which is an undeveloped map. The main goal for the Adventure mode will be to find a way of becoming a deity on the moon Valrei which we think is suitable both for a single player and a group of players either cooperating or belonging to different kingdoms."

So does this adventure mode have npc that play as the other kingdoms or is it just meant to be like chaos and epic where you and your friends can play as opposing sides? 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I imagine it's an out-of-the-box server with pre-defined kingdoms and so forth, but I can't see how that would be possible to generate without having player accounts created prior. Maybe there's a set-up wizard that will create a character for each Kingdom and a few villages.... will be fun to see.

Well he does say it should be suitable for single player so i am just wondering how that will work out.

I have been wondering the same thing, Kegan.  It sounded like an environment of lots of NPC's.

• Like 1

Yes, it does sound a bit like it will be a map with pre-built settlements and NPCs. The announcement makes it sound as if some kind of quest was involved and that it ships with tools to create your own. I think it sounds very interesting.

Are there actually going to be NPC's?  I never saw that mentioned anywhere.

Are there actually going to be NPC's?  I never saw that mentioned anywhere.

That is what i am trying to figure out by the way the wording is it kind of leads you to believe there might be but they might just be guards...idk

My guess is it is more or less just the pvp version of wurm but it says it should be suitable for single player too so..idk

Edited by Kegan

There is no AI in WURM. So I can see an NPC kingdom with guard towers. They could have NPC wander like mobs do in WO. They could have NPC kingdoms swarm your deed. Beyond that I wouldn't expect too much,

I hope that the dedicated server will be able to run on a windows server 2003 system!!!!!

I hope that the dedicated server will be able to run on a windows server 2003 system!!!!!

As long as it supports Java 8 and can run Steam... It should.

Windows server 2003 is highly insecure!

Do not use it anylonger. A server is no playground, you can get real troubles if hackers take over you server and do bad things with it.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/windows-server-2003/

Edited by Sklo:D