Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Wurm Unlimited Announcement

Thank God.

For once I wont post one of my 3000 word post, and just say....

I said this was coming.

People Doubted me.

The fourth time i've seen it, Though in this case, I would say (for the wurm team) It's a great thing.  and for anyone who enjoys being able to play and own everything.

AND REMEMBER.

People, this isn't fully a bad thing.  yes, you ARE going to lose friends likely....sadly.  but remember this - How many people will try the steam version and want a real world?.....Guess where they will flock to?

Just hope Wurm's prepared for the hordes,  This is a Win/Win. even if it doesn't seem like it.

I meant to message you, as I recall a long time ago your wish to have your own server and thought of you immediately.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 3

Not to say, their point(s) are invalid and/or are good or bad.

However, some people really, really need to use more paragraph breaks.

I'm paying real moneys for 2+ years with my bank card. Will I get a copy of Wurm Offline on my Steam account? 

Thx in advance for your reply.

Edited by vasisuelle

Honestly, it's better off my friend.

How long have you and I been around? How much actually gets done? How many of the real problems actually ever get fixed?

Almost 10 years and we've seen this game barely go anywhere. And it ain't going any further any time soon. Skillgain was raised a few years back for everyone, and now we have a billion 90+ skilled people that have been playing for 2 years, max. The economy is basically gone, aside from specialty items and coins/characters. We've got a decent amount of folks that use the ever-changing, non documented mechanics to grief others. We can't be in local with 50 others without the client shitting the bed (and regardless of what Rolf says, it affects even the best of rigs)...

Wurm solo play/private servers happens to be the best decision Rolf has made in a long, long time.

I like this post. I really do. Good points As_I_decay. You might be right.

As I see it, there is potential for Wurm Unlimited to bring not only new players, but also new ideas, and some fixes for things that are just put down to Wogic, rather than fixed.

I can see Wurm Unlimited being a fertile test bed for mods and tweaks that could make their way into Wurm Online.

Imagine disembarking your horse and it does not immediately seek out the most unclimbable slope it can find, Imagine that applied to all animals, the same way it does to players, modding might make that possible, and if it's possible to do it in the standalone Wurm, that same code might be incorporated in the main game.

I hate to compare it to Minecraft, or Skyrim, but both those games benefited immensely from mods.

Crowdsourced development.

Sure, we won't like it, we never do, we hate change, but we scream for it too.

• Like 3

Glad I'm not the only one reacting positively. For once, I think a more controlled environment will make it much easier to learn the mechanics of the game, and the more dynamic worlds with AI-controlled "enemy players" will make worlds that will stay fun and interesting even in those periods where Wurm is almost deserted and player activity is low.

I honestly think wurm online will do fine, even with wu out.

been heaps of new people starting the game in the last week or so which I'm guessing are people trying it from steam.

and almost all the people I know ain't even bought a copy of WU, as they all plan to stick with WO.

maybe me but I still think it will be WU that's the flop. ;)

I... don't even know what to say about all these comments.

"I'm going to leave the game because the CC has decided to ruin it".

That is a big 50% of these comments. No actual information, just that it's dead. What? How is the game going to die? These games been dying for years and you're all to stuck up in your ways to see that. The game has little to no population and what do you do when Rolf decides to do what was necessary? Get pissed off and leave anyway.

How in God's name is leaving going to help the game? You're doing nothing but making it worse, infact when I first played this game a year ago I thought it was wonderful yet at the same time horrible. I had no 'freedom' to do anything. Every bit of land was already taken and not a single person would offer any form of help for hours on end till a guy got pissed off at me for asking and sent me a link to a guide that was actually useless. That was my experience. Splendid is it not? Same response I got on every server with like 20-30 people on it.

Life is Feudal was released and I was happy. Finally a game that I've been craving for so long that isn't so bad and it wasn't. LiF was fun, the private server I played on had a good community, we set up several villages around the place that slowly turned into keeps and castles. We all had a splendid time even though it was buggy and crashed every 5 minutes for myself. I had more of a fun time on a game like that then I did with Wurm. Not because of the skill grinding that was what I loved about it, but the horrible and emotional community that came with Wurm ruined it for me.

Wurm Unlimited is a God send for people like me which would easily be twice as many as the community that already exists in Wurm today.

I've played Wurm Unlimited and quite honestly I'm happy with it, the server I'm on is quite chill and we're all having a blast.

Edited by Eschalon
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this