Sign in to follow this  
Tich

New Permissions (Part 6) - Deed Roles

This is the sixth in the series and is to do with deed role permissions.

Deed Role Permissions

Here is the list of new deed role permissions and their descriptions.

Animals

• Groom / Breed                  - Allows breeding of animals on deed.
  • Butcher                              - Allows butchering on deed.
  • Groom / Breed                  - Allows grooming of animals on deed.
  • Lead                                  - Allows leading of animals on deed.
  • Milk / Shear                       - Allows milking of cows and shearing of sheep.
  • Sacrifice                            - Allows sacrificing of animals on deed.
  • Tame / Charm / Dominate - Allows taming of animals on deed. Charming and Domination of animals requires this and 'Cast Deity Spells' privilege.

Construction

• Build                                - Allows ability to color and continue on buildings and build fences.

• Also affects the ability to build structures in the perimeter (citizen and allies only).

• Destroy Fences               - Allows destruction of fences and gates.
  • Destroy Items                  - Allows destruction of items
  • Pick Locks                       - Allows lockpicking of buildings, items and gates - Only for Citizen type roles.
  • Plan Buildings                 - Allows planning of buildings.

• Also affects planning of buildings in perimeter (citizen and allies).

Digging

• Cultivate                                  - Allows cultivating of packed tiles.
  • Dig Clay / Tar / Peat / Moss - Allows digging of resource tiles.
  • Pack                                        - Allows packing of tiles.
  • Terraform                                - Allows terraforming (digging, levelling, and flattening).

Farming

• Harvest Fields          - Allows harvesting of fields.
  • Sow Fields               - Allows sowing of fields.
  • Tend Fields              - Allows tending of fields.

Forestry / Gardening

• Chop Down Trees and Bushes   - Allows chopping down of all trees except the  very old and overaged.
  • Chop Down V.Old Trees - Allows chopping down of Very Old and Overaged trees. Also allows 'Wild Growth' spell on hedges, but that requires 'Cast Deity Spells' privilege as well.
  • Cut Grass                    - Allows cutting of grass.
  • Harvest Fruit                - Allows harvesting from trees and bushes.
  • Make Lawn                  - Allows ability to make lawn.
  • Pick Sprouts                 - Allows picking of sprouts from tress and bushes and also allows picking of flowers.
  • Plant Flowers               - Allows planting of flowers, mixed grass and thatch.
  • Plant Sprouts               - Allows planting of sprouts including hedges.
  • Prune                           - Allows pruning of trees and bushes including hedges.

General

• Attack Citizens               - Allows attacking of citizens and allies of the settlement
  • Attack Non-Citizens       - Allows attacking of non citizens which includes animals.
  • Cast Deity Spells           - Allows use of deity spells on deed.
  • Cast Sorcery Spells       - Allows use of sorcery spells on deed.
  • Forage / Botanize          - Allows foraging and botanizing on deed.
  • May Place Merchants    - Allows placing of Merchants.
  • Pave                                 - Allows paving on deed.
  • Use Meditation Abilities - Allows use of meditation abilities on deed.

Item Management

• Attach Locks              - Allows attaching locks to items on deed - Only for Citizen type roles.
  • Drop                            - Allows dropping of items on deed.
  • Improve / Repair        - Allows improving and repairing of items on deed.
  • Load                           - Allows loading of items on deed, also requires 'Pickup' permission, or 'Pickup Planted' permission.
  • Pickup                        - Allows picking up of items on deed.
  • Pickup Planted Items - Allows picking up of planted items on deed also requires 'Pickup' permission.
  • Pull / Push / Turn       - Allows pull, push and turning of items on deed.
  • UnLoad                       - Allows unloading of items on deed, also required 'drop' permission.

Mining

• Add/Remove Reinforcement - Allows adding and removing of reinforced walls (needs Mine Rock) and Floors (needs Mine Floor) on deed. Also used to control Disintegrate. 
  • Mine Floor            - Allows mining of floors in cave on deed including levelling and flattening in caves.
  • Mine Iron Veins    - Allows mining of Iron veins on deed.
  • Mine Other Veins - Allows mining of other veins on deed.
  • Mine Rock            - Allows mining of rock in caves on deed.
  • Surface Mining     - Allows surface mining on deed.
  • Tunnel                  - Allows making tunnel entrances on deed.

Settlement Management

• Allow Actions on Allied Deeds - Allows Actions on allied deeds using their ally role, if not set then they it will use their non-citizen.
  • Destroy Any Buildings - Allows demolition of any building.
    • has a popup of "The Destroy Any Buildings option enables theft"
    • "Are sure you want this role to be able to destroy buildings since it enables theft"

• Invite Citizens                   - Allows ability to invite non-citizens to join the settlement including using recruitment boards.
  • Manage Allowed Objects - Allow ability to manage allowed objects, that's buildings, gates and mine doors that have the 'Settlement May Manage' flag set.
  • Manage Citizen Roles     - Allows ability to assign roles to citizens.
  • Manage Guards              - Allows hiring guards to protect the settlement and uphold these rules.
  • Manage Map                   - Allows ability to add and remove village annotations on the map.
  • Manage Politics              - Allows ability to form and break alliances with other settlements, as well as declare war and make peace.
  • Manage Reputations      - Allows ability to manage reputations.
  • Manage Roles                - Allows managing of permissions in any role in which you have the corresponding permission in your role..
  • Manage Settings           - Allows changing settlement settings.
  • May Configure Twitter  - Allows ability to configure twitter settings.
  • Resize Settlement       - Allows ability to change the size of the settlement.

DeedRolePermissions.jpg?dl=1

Privileges in blue are for citizens only.

• Like 9

will you make it so any destroy option gives citizens the destroy bonus? as i understand it right now only citizens that can destroy buildings have it.

edit: i hope all this sections of permission come in some list of expandable list, so if i want to give all permissions to a role i can just click on each category and dont need to go click on each individual permision.

Edited by Brynden
  • Like 2

I think I'm in love Tich.  One question though.... where's paving permission for deeds?  I see in your list that I can allow someone to cultivate, but not pack dirt.

And yes, please give super power option to all citizens of a deed for destroying buildings, not just the mayor.  (Or better yet, give the mayor the option to give it to others)

Edited by Wargasm

I think I'm in love Tich.  One question though.... where's paving permission for deeds?  I see in your list that I can allow someone to cultivate, but not pack dirt.

And yes, please give super power option to all citizens of a deed for destroying buildings, not just the mayor.  (Or better yet, give the mayor the option to give it to others)

pack and pave is under terraform

Can you make an Unload permission too? If you are on some ones deed and they have things loaded into something, currently if you can open the vehicle any one can unload from it. If a wagon is on deed, but 1-2 tiles form perimeter, you can unload into perim and then pick up/load it to bypass the normal deed settings

Not sure there is a work around for this, but could there be a setting for picking up ONLY in mines? I have put friends on roles allowing them to mine inside my existing mines (at least that is the idea though general mining permissions don't limit that to existing mines only). For them to do this I also have to give them pick up permission or they can't use the firewood in the forge, pick up the ores or whatever they have in the forge or that they have mined up etc.

So, ideally, a role setting that allows mining ONLY in existing mines and pick up and possibly load ONLY in mines?

PS also it would be very helpful if under the animal settings we could include 'care for'.

Thanks for all the hard work Tich :)

Edited by Tilda
  • Like 1

Is this the area where the ability to export the deed plan out of wurm should be? My preference is to have the ability to designate what roles have the ability to do this.

I'd like to be able to allow people to groom my animals without haveing to allow them to also breed.

• Like 1

I'd like to be able to allow people to groom my animals without haveing to allow them to also breed.

Just disable lead?

will you make it so any destroy option gives citizens the destroy bonus? as i understand it right now only citizens that can destroy buildings have it.

This is an excellent idea. 

pack and pave is under terraform

I realize this may seem to be too picky but it might be a good idea to have this as a separate consideration.

Also under the picky category how about Unload as well but separate from Load?

Edited by Sarcaticous
  • Like 1

Just disable lead?

What till not Awalys work though. I personally only breed my horses but have many peep who groom. I also have a pen for my scrap horses for alliance to take from. So I can see both sides. I can live with them as one but it would be more flexible for them to be divided.

Just a though

Over all its all amazing awsome job!!!

• Will the lockpicking permissions actually be fixed now or will they just add permissions for a broken setting?

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/103761-lockpicking-settings-on-deed-not-working/?hl=%2Blockpicking+%2Bsettings

It's been broken for a fair bit over a year and it's prevented us from creating common areas etc.

• Will the maximum amount of roles be removed so that we can micro-manage the settings better?

Currently there's a maximum of "12" roles, which isn't nearly enough.

• Will there be some sort of writ binder?

It was hinted here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/125799-writ-management-for-settlements/ that there would be.

Also:

• Will the writ-deed relationship be cleaned up?

There are many inconsistencies here that need tending to, such as which overrides which during what circumstance. It would really be better if it was 1) the same for all settings, 2) possible to see which applies or 3) you could choose what to go by.

Currently I've found that we have:

- For building the writ permissions override the deed settings (i.e. even if you have build permissions you can't build on a house you don't have writ permissions for)

- For destroying the deed settings override the writ permissions

- For attaching locks you have to hold the writ

- For rotating stairs you have to hold the writ

- For picking up items the writ permissions override the deed settings

- For loading the deed settings override the writ permissions

and so on and so on

I'm really glad to see that not everyone will be able to destroy all buildings for having destroy permissions, though I can't find a setting for allowing people to build/destroy houses they're on the writ for or actually any house building/destroying (only seeing settings for fences). Is it implicit for houses you're on the writ for or hasn't it been added yet?

• Like 1

deed plan is only available for mayors.

How does it work for PVP. If an enemy gets access to the token do they also get deed plan or is it only available to Mayors?

I take it dig clay/tar/peat also allows the digging of moss tiles?

Does this also mean that enabling cultivate allows one to remove moss tiles?

not sure what series to post tich but i would like an option to disallow looting of my corpse by alliance members off deed,, its a weird security hole that needs fixing!!

• Like 1

Separated Groom and Breed

Added new privileges of Drop, Pack, Pave and Unload.

Updated pic in OP

• Like 3

please tich add a checkbox for whole categories if you can,will save people a lot of time

• Like 2

• Use Meditation Abilities - Allows use of meditation abilities on deed.

Does that mean that until your guards are dead (on pvp servers) abilities like shield of the gone will not be active on your deed if you set meditation abilities to illegal on deed?

please tich add a checkbox for whole categories if you can,will save people a lot of time

Yes please to this Tich

For my wife, her alts, my alts, and the most trusted of our friends, to allow them to do most everything will be an insane amount of clicking.

As an idea, have two checkbox's one at the top for check all allowed(ie citizens or not) and then one for each catagory.  This would allow for quick adding of citizens and non citizens alike. (ex one click to add all permissions then click off the one for animals and settlement management)

Or for safetys sake, if checking of catagorys is allowed, maybe the settlement management options have to be clicked one at a time?

Lastly,

Thank You Tich for your efforts.

Perodin / Ratheden

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Ratheden