Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Dragon loot tweaks

Dragon scale and hide loot amounts were increased on non-pvp servers.

There is now a pool for distributing dragon scale and hide pieces reserved for the more enabled characters with higher fight skill or characteristics and priests. Other players will still receive from the smaller pool and all players will receive blood as usual.

Unique meat is now protected from butchering.

Uniques should now bash mine doors more properly (was a bug).

A bug with Mine Door permissions remaining after destruction was fixed.

• Like 10

Non-pvp servers means the epic cluster or chaos also?

no just chaos

Z I N G

no just chaos

Z I N G

... ok whatever?

Was asking to be sure if he split it per clusters or per servers.

They can still sit with the alts to get a small piece and blood.  Just not a big piece.  It's amazing that the lag is no longer the issue.  Now we all can see it was just I want more.

Non-pvp servers means the epic cluster or chaos also?

In this case PvP refers to both Epic & Chaos. 

So the increase in scale and hide is only on the PvE servers. 

The distribution changes are for all servers.

• Like 3

... ok whatever?

Was asking to be sure if he split it per clusters or per servers.

He said non-pvp

last I checked, chaos had PvP enabled, if he said "Freedom servers" then yes i can see the confusion there as not many people like to consider chaos as a true freedom server

but no man chaos is pvp lmfao

They can still sit with the alts to get a small piece and blood.  Just not a big piece.  It's amazing that the lag is no longer the issue.  Now we all can see it was just I want more.

i think that with the cost of 10€ for first prem and getting 9s back + SP will still do the trick as the small pieces might still help. But in general idc, if people want to play that way, gl. Its much easier to pay for the hide then login 20 accounts for the hope of making some money..

• Like 1

In this case PvP refers to both Epic & Chaos. 

So the increase in scale and hide is only on the PvE servers. 

The distribution changes are for all servers.

And question number 2. Tower capping allowed or not yet?

i think that with the cost of 10€ for first prem and getting 9s back + SP will still do the trick as the small pieces might still help. But in general idc, if people want to play that way, gl. Its much easier to pay for the hide then login 20 accounts for the hope of making some money..

100% agreed, earlier it was too easy. Now it is less rewarding. The only people I see having a problem with the change are the people who most likely wanted to do this alt abuse on future hunts.

100% agreed, earlier it was too easy. Now it is less rewarding. The only people I see having a problem with the change are the people who most likely wanted to do this alt abuse on future hunts.

Well the other thing that can happen is if a group of strong fighters join in on the kill and the search crew is lower fs/body they will  steal the "big pot" because of the higher body/FS rule.  Meaning people might not make open slayings anymore. But in the end we will see what this change does to it.

Edited by Wulfgarr

Are there any plans to revisit the drop amounts for Epic? We currently require more hide to make a usable set of armor than the pve servers, as hide (and not normal leather) is also required to imp, and we have less servers for dragons to spawn on (thus less dragons). Even if everyone pooled theirs together, the current drop rate isn't really enough to actually make usable armor with. Maybe at least consider allowing Epic to imp with leather as well, if the drop rate won't be tweaked?

I haven't been on but maybe 2 hunts since the change was put into place and they started respawning.  So no it has nothing to do with what I have gotten or want to get.  I just don't like the way some of the fights have gone nor how they will go with this change.

Edited by Pashka

Are there any plans to revisit the drop amounts for Epic? We currently require more hide to make a usable set of armor than the pve servers, as hide (and not normal leather) is also required to imp, and we have less servers for dragons to spawn on (thus less dragons). Even if everyone pooled theirs together, the current drop rate isn't really enough to actually make usable armor with. Maybe at least consider allowing Epic to imp with leather as well, if the drop rate won't be tweaked?

tbh i thought majority on Epic does not want drake to impable with leather? Could be wrong ofc.

Hmm interesting overall.

Unsure what exactly this means:

•Unique meat is now protected from butchering.

Hmm interesting overall.

Unsure what exactly this means:

•Unique meat is now protected from butchering.

i think they butchered it to get more "dragon meat" to distribute/sell at the slayings. Now cannot butcher it.

It's a good start :D Won't really slow up the army of alts I don't think, but still it's a start.

• Like 2

Having increased drops on Freedom, but not on Chaos will probably mean Chaos will hunt the dragons on Freedoms a lot more now.

Having dragons bash mine doors certainly make a lot of sense from a realism point of view, but I expect these changes to lead to less public events.

Edited by DKSprocket
  • Like 6

Something that isn't mentioned in the patch notes: 

Dragons on Elevation have also received an addition to their loot. Some of the items given out as challenge rewards, so mostly cosmetic items, the exceptions would be the helms since they have defensive values.

• Like 2

Once they all shifted to private loot, I stopped going. Not worth spending several hours travel time for the small bits of hide and a potion.

• Like 4

Deli still does open loot. Only reason the last one didnt, was because of the circumstance of how many people were searching compared to how many were going to show up.

and priests.

can you please stop making priests the desired "class" in this game? they are already powerful enough

Once they all shifted to private loot, I stopped going. Not worth spending several hours travel time for the small bits of hide and a potion.

Yes I agree, same boat here really.  I think people are so starved for end game content and items they just hoard the very few that exist.  I wish they would up the spawn frequency by a huge amount so others could enjoy participating.  So many high end uniques that 95%of the people dont even get a chance to see due to private loot / pen / travel / rarity of spawn.  They all get lockedup in a mine, then when they finally see daylight they are killed by a private group in a few minutes.

Please Wurm Please give us fighters on freedom something to kill!  We want fun too!

• Like 1

Something that isn't mentioned in the patch notes: 

Dragons on Elevation have also received an addition to their loot. Some of the items given out as challenge rewards, so mostly cosmetic items, the exceptions would be the helms since they have defensive values.

Hmmm why did only Elevation dragons receive shiny helms? :( The drake caps that have been in since ever, lost their use long ago on all servers on all clusters since they dont protect faces.

So helms would be awesome for all servers! :)

Sign in to follow this