Sign in to follow this  
Emoo

Video series | Village Showcase! (Ep3 Puddlesby)

So for awhile now I've been pondering the best way to help inspire both new and old players with my video content. Afterall Wurm does have that effect on you sometimes, you'll be wandering around and suddenly find a creation by somebody that you just can't help but want to try and make yourself or put your own twist on. With this goal of inspiration in mind I've started a new video series - Village Showcase!

My goal is to travel around different servers (No server or cluster is offlimits for me!) to see some of the most impressive, immersive and different villages that Wurm Online has to offer! So if you have an impressive village and you'd like for me to come and take a tour of your blood sweat and tears then please send me a PM on the forums or ingame because I'd love to hear from you.  

Episode 1 - Kratos!

Since this is the start of the series I've decided to start off with a village that is close to my heart...actually it's mine! Kratos which has only been around for for a couple of years now but already has a considerable reputation for it's self on the server of Chaos. Hopefully you enjoy the little sneak peak of afew of the different parts, even though it's not the most beautiful villages there is no disputing the time and effort that has gone into it from the 60-70 different villagers we've had over the years. With defensive function over aesthetic beauty in most of it's parts; it is a fitting example of what happens when you get a bunch of really stubborn players dropping a whole bunch of dirt of a mountain side on a PvP server. 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3S78N6aFls

Episode 2 - Echelon! 

This episode takes me to the village of Echelon on the Deliverance server. Whilst it has been around since near the time of the server coming into existence the majority of the work done has only been done here in recent times. Echelon focuses on creating a truly immersive atmosphere to play in with heavy emphasis on realism and attention to detail. For such a small village what is packed into the space that it does have and the space management is truly inspirational! I hope you enjoy this video as Huntar/Genocide gives us a tour of his wonderful village! 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhd8th62nHI

Episode 3 - Puddlesby!

This Village Showcase see me to the server of Release to visit Puddlesby! Which is a massive coastal deed that is right near the middle of the server. Thanks to it's huge size the villagers have managed to make  a wonderful homely feeling place to live that is built into the landscape instead of completely changing it. With the idea to make it as reminiscent of an English village it's small lanes and many buildings really create a great atmosphere. This however is not the best feature of Puddlesby; which is it's citizens. A huge thankyou to Tarator, Deri and Pride for taking time out of their day (or in Prides case his night) to show me around their wonderful village. 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY7Zl8VQwgc

Remember, if you would like to see you village in the next episode please get in contact with me, I'd love to hear from you. I hope you all enjoy the video and I'll see you in the next one which I'll hopefully be bringing you before the weekend! 

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 21

I remember that mine system, was so hard get lost so easy. 

thats pretty badass! and i like your idea of showcasing the villages and wurm in general

• Like 1

Pleased to say that I will be visiting the village of Echelon on Deli later this week for the next installment (Thanks Huntar!). Still have 2 slots open for next week aswell so send me a PM if you think you have a village worthy of a showcase, I promise I don't bite! 

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 1

I like defences and all but it's so annoying to do anything on a deed like that. Too much moving around mines.

Pleased to say that I will be visiting the village of Echelon on Deli later this week for the next installment (Thanks Huntar!). Still have 2 slots open for next week aswell so send me a PM if you think you have a village worthy of a showcase, I promise I don't bite! 

Maybe Salodurum on Independence, which I think was mostly built by a single person over the course of 4+ years

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/128289-at-last-my-deed-is-done-t-t/

A noble endeavor Emoo. No doubt it will be of interest to go on these video tours of various Villages presented. My tastes go towards Villages that are enhanced by the natural beauty of Wurm's foliage, as massive structured layouts are not so pleasing to the eye. Still, the work involved in huge raised mounded deeds on the pvp servers is appreciated for that accomplishment of time and effort involved.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Thanks very much for the tour around Kratos !

Enjoyed it very much and looking forward to seeing the next video.

Well done, and again thanks for taking the time to do this and share with others.

• Like 1

we will let you do Rome when its relatively done ;)

The boatmine reminds me of Birchwood, or Black Summit.

Edited by Propheteer

We are gonna get parking tickets? Time to find another place for maih boat.

Confirmed that the next episode will be a showcase of the village of Sparta!

Hi, I live at G-8 deliverance in game map, X-5 Y-14 on community map. Deed name Konoha. Please do a video for it as well if you get time. Thanks :)

Thanks for the overwhelming support for this series guys, coming up towards the weekend I have Echelon (Deli) and then into next week I'll be taking a trip over to Puddlesby (Release)! 

Sorry to the others that have expressed interest in having me come to their deed, I'll hopefully be in contact with you after I'm done with these two! 

• Like 2

Good god, that boat mine is amazing

Heh yea, it's come a long way.  I still remember before they fixed the entrance tile up, smashing my knarr into the wrong tile trying to find it :D    

Kratos has undergone an amazing transformation.   I was there when they put down that first tier, and I remember next logging in a month or two later, and getting lost in that place lol.   It is awe inspiring what they have managed to accomplish.   

Thank goodness I came out of wurm retirement and finished my little green home before your video, it would've been embarrassing!  :P

• Like 2

Episode 2 - Echelon! 

This episode takes me to the village of Echelon on the Deliverance server. Whilst it has been around since near the time of the server coming into existence the majority of the work done has only been done here in recent times. Echelon focuses on creating a truly immersive atmosphere to play in with heavy emphasis on realism and attention to detail. For such a small village what is packed into the space that it does have and the space management is truly inspirational! I hope you enjoy this video as Huntar/Genocide gives us a tour of his wonderful village! 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhd8th62nHI

Sorry for the little delay on the videos being longer than expected. The recent changes to dragons and their drops etc has meant I've been extremely busy creating some of the new scale sets for people! Never fear though a new video will be coming soon as I make my way to Release to visit Puddlesby! 

• Like 4