Sign in to follow this  
Alectrys

[Verification] Altars

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Altar

I'm not convinced that this statement is correct.  As far as I know, quality determines influence.  I don't think there is a worst and best when it comes to 'types'.

Types of altars

There are four types of altars. Wooden altars are the worst type, gold altars are the best type. The metal altars can be created inside each others domain, while the stone and wooden altars cannot. However, you can move a finished stone altar into another domain. Domains do not cross the cave/above-ground layers, so you can have one domain underground and another on the surface. this can be an easy way to get several types of altars in one spot - create them below ground and push them above as you make them (or vice-versa).

Metal altars seem to give gifts and potion more frequently.

I think it is correct however I wouldn't use the words worst and best. I would say stone and wood altars are the easier of the four were as gold and stone are harder. 

How does that sound?

As far as the comment of metal altars giving more gifts I think it needs to have more testing. Or put a disclaimer of this needs more testing and is unconfirmed as of currently. 

so you can have one domain underground and another on the surface. this can be an easy way to get several types of altars in one spot - create them below ground and push them above as you make them (or vice-versa).

You can only push a another stone / wood type out of a cave as it's mentioned on a server reset prior to the domain registering, while correct in a sense, its a bit misleading, at least in my experiences.

Only stone altars can be moved from the tile they were created on, wooden and metal altars can be rotated, but not moved.

Added a notation in the "Types of Altars" section that says NOTE: Only stone altars can be moved from the tile they were created on; wooden and metal altars can be rotated, but not move. 

As far as Alectrys verification I don't find anything wrong with the statement but I think it would be good to be changed from "worst" and "best" to "easiest" and "hardest" but as far as the comment about the metal altars giving more gifts then stone altars I think needs more testing. 

If anyone agrees with that let me know and I can change it. 

I know i have a friend that prays on metal altars and he gets a potion at least once a week. But thanks FranktheTank. Keep me posted. 

Metal altars do give more gifts, but the type doesn't have anything to do with domain, only the quality. 

I know i have a friend that prays on metal altars and he gets a potion at least once a week. But thanks FranktheTank. Keep me posted.

You don't get potions for praying, sacrificing gives potions.

• Like 1