Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Java 8 Client + Ingame Valrei Map

The game client now requires java 8, which is the latest available version from java.com. Download and install unless you have already.

There is now an ingame map of Valrei, the home of the gods (and a keybind for it).

Fix for shearing sheep.

Fix to make failing to make cheese consistent (should reduce the weight in all three cases)

A reason for not being able to remove walls considered to be supporting floors was fixed.

Fixed bug related to auto-selection of items in creation window.

Added possibility to repair stationary tools in creation window.

Added total weight value display on weight icon hover.

Added weight thresholds calculator on weight icon hover (100%, 75%, 25% speed and max weight).

Added inventory windows positions remembering.

Made wall collisions longer and wider so cant see through the corners now.

Fixed the hide Inactive Friends setting.

Added functionality to make private messages make a plonk sound and added an option to enable/disable it (disabled by default).

Selecting multiple items in an inventory container window will now show how many items you have selected.

Added a ‘DROP_AS_PILE’ key bind and have it appear in the keybindings tab in the client.

Reordering the the escape menu, added a new button Hud Settings and move a lot of hud windows toggles to Hud settings.

On main menu bar buttons removed all underscores and made the text lower case except the first letter.

Added word selection in text fields on double-click.

Added key binds for ‘WINCH’, ‘WINCH5′, ‘WINCH10′, ‘UNWIND’, ‘LOAD’,’UNLOAD’,’FIRE’ for war machines.

Fixed polish keyboard layout “select all” shortcut bug when typing letter “Ä…”.

Added character name display on game title bar.

Added wounds sorting in character window.

Added visible damage in equipment slots in character window.

Fixed windows height caching for minimized windows.

Added remembering of windows state (minimized).

Added keybind for toggle hud settings.

• Like 13

Great update.

Approve 100%.

Ya forgot to mention the damage indicators in the equipment loadout screen though. :)

• Like 3

Looking good.

> Meditating keybind 

> Sacrificing keybind

Are those also things being considered to added? Seems to be just as usefull as a catapult keybind.

Now to make a txt file for war machine keybinds. Been a while since I made an entirely new one.

Mmm <3 quickswitch hotkeys.

Edited by Klaa

Great update especially this:

• Added character name display on game title bar.

Menu needs to be larger tho.

And I think boats are still suck to open :/

And Pray from houseback plsplsplspls 

Edited by Omar

I love the update, one of the biggest things for me is the character name in the window title, other is drop as pile. Valrei map displayed bugged for me, reported in client bugs.

I haven't had a chance yet to "try out" these new changes, but I wanted to say that I appreciate a lot of them nonetheless and so wanted to say thank you to the dev team! feel like you took in quite a lot of player feedback on this which is great to see. I love it that the PMs now have a sound, love it that you guys listened to everyone wanting a Valrei map, and actually love it that we now can see our total weight with hovering over the weight icon. I'm hoping that inventory windows positions remembering means that the items stay in the same order as we left them when logging out. If it's that I'm gonna be overjoyed. If it's not that, still a great update. Well done team!

From what i've seen so far, nice changes and additions so good job people :).

One question though, can we change the size of the escape menu ourselfs in any way ? it's a little on the to small side.

I haven't had a chance yet to "try out" these new changes, but I wanted to say that I appreciate a lot of them nonetheless and so wanted to say thank you to the dev team! feel like you took in quite a lot of player feedback on this which is great to see. I love it that the PMs now have a sound, love it that you guys listened to everyone wanting a Valrei map, and actually love it that we now can see our total weight with hovering over the weight icon. I'm hoping that inventory windows positions remembering means that the items stay in the same order as we left them when logging out. If it's that I'm gonna be overjoyed. If it's not that, still a great update. Well done team!

Edited by Brunwulf

Now to make a txt file for war machine keybinds. Been a while since I made an entirely new one.

Mmm <3 quickswitch hotkeys.

I had the exact same thought.

Great update!

• Added character name display on game title bar.

This is a nice addition, but in the task bar only the first 2 letters show. As all my accounts start with the same 3 letters they all still look the same to me.

If you could make it so the name is in front of Wurm Online (not super ideal I'm sure), or remove the client version number that would help me a lot.

ajocx7A.png

Edited by NESGamepro

This is a nice addition, but in the task bar only the first 2 letters show. As all my accounts start with the same 3 letters they all still look the same to me.

If you could make it so the name is in front of Wurm Online (not super ideal I'm sure), or remove the client version number that would help me a lot.

ajocx7A.png

I will move character name before game title. :)

• Like 2

• Added functionality to make private messages make a plonk sound and added an option to enable/disable it (disabled by default)

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

And i just finished my map :(

Looks like your map is a 'little' more sophisticated than the in-game map.

What can I say but thank you guys for the effort you put into this, great update. :)

Could we get an option to still use the old Options menu? I'm not fond of all the extra clicking that you introduce every time you "improve" the interface. To be fair I still miss the friends list that used to be in the options menu. I've tried to get used to it but undocking the friends list in the Event bar is just a big pain in the ass and since you made the friends list scramble itself every time anyone logs in and out it's verging on being useless.

+1 for adding the ability to repair stationary tools in the crafting window though, much needed!

Edited by Aeris

wouldn't mind having a bind for the HUD menu... so I can set it to 'O'

• Like 1

I think

bind O STOP_OR_MAIN_MENU

is what you're looking for.

Sign in to follow this