Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Cart - 40 slope ?

Has something changed with carts and the slope they can get up? I thought it use to be 40 slope but today i could not get up a 40 slope it had to be lowered to 39.  

I am asking because i am not 100% sure that it use to be an even 40 but i could have sworn it was. I thought it was 40 even because if you had a corner that was both 20 up each the cart would not get hung up during the turn. 

Edit: Well the wiki says horses can do 40 but carts are 39 i guess. What is the logic in that why not make them both 40?

Edited by Kegan

Definitely agree, make both 40 for ease of access and simplicity. Nothing worse than being with a hunting group and getting stuck on hills that they are passing over just on horseback.

I have some 40 slopes on pristine that I made for traveling by cart. It worked just fine. I will test tomorrow and see if they still work.

So I checked again tonight I can go up 40 slope roads.

I am using 5 speed horses to pull my carts.

Could anyone else check if they are able to go up 40 slopes with large carts?

Also make note of traits of horses.

40 slope if horizontal borders flat, else you need to add them in total slope. example 3+37.

There has actually been an oddity for quite some time where some work and some don't even if you change the tile completely and put back to 40. At a guess maybe it's one of wurms favourite directional challenges or accidentally checking adjacent slopes but I have seen many of both that work and those that don't. It has nothing to do with the horses or the cart.

There has actually been an oddity for quite some time where some work and some don't even if you change the tile completely and put back to 40. At a guess maybe it's one of wurms favourite directional challenges or accidentally checking adjacent slopes but I have seen many of both that work and those that don't. It has nothing to do with the horses or the cart.

I've seen that happen quite often.    I tend to fix it by digging down both slopes, then putting them back on a flat tile border on that grade, sometimes it takes several tries before the cart finally checks again and lets me drive it up that slope.    It may be in the order it checks slopes, and the terrain may be telling you it's flat, but still calculating it wrong.   Sometimes a tile will work in one direction, and not in another. even if all tiles around it on that ramp are graded properly.    I've always thought it may have been just desync lag, but if it is, I can't figure out why I'm always having problems with some tiles and not others.    

Edited by Battlepaw

The horses i was using was not full five speed but the 40 slope up was west(low end) to east (top) both ends were level north/south. 

[12:43:49] It is a tough bugger. It has a strong body. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. It has a certain spark in its eyes. 

[12:44:01] It is a tough bugger. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.

It does not matter any long term i was just doing dirt work on a new deed spot and it was the only thing at the time that i had to use to get to the top.  ( i do however use 20/20 up corner roads all the time and if you clip your cart on the wrong spot 39 slope restriction would stop you)

Edited by Kegan