Sign in to follow this  
Fraeya

Picking sprouts while mounted or embarked

I would prefer harvesting from a cart when dealing with some of those more bulky items, such as maple sap, lighter stuff I would still harvest from the ground for the better skill gain.

Tallios no need to be such a negative nancy on this one, anyone doing a harvest while mounted are only nerfing there own skill gain, those that don't need to grind the skill anymore deserve a more convenient, faster way to harvest.

+1 (again since the original discussion is from a while back).  :)   Realism aside, having to dismount is a pita for all the reasons others have stated already.

On the subject of realism, which I see being used as a reason we should have to stop and dismount every few tiles... to my mind realism is actually a valid argument against having to dismount to pick. 

In RL, sprouts, shoots, and fruit do not generally grow next to the ground except on very low plants.  On trees in particular, as a general rule you'll find sprouts/fruits, etc, growing either on the branches or on the trunks up towards the top.  Picking is easier and more efficient when done from a truck or cart of some sort, or they use ladders to climb up into the trees. 

Not that I think realism should be used as the end-all, be-all in a game.  Just pointing out that realism actually argues in favor of being able to pick from a horse or cart, rather than the other way around, and I don't see realism as being a valid reason that we should have to dismount.  Quite the opposite.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Amadee said:

Not that I think realism should be used as the end-all, be-all in a game.  Just pointing out that realism actually argues in favor of being able to pick from a horse or cart, rather than the other way around, and I don't see realism as being a valid reason that we should have to dismount.  Quite the opposite.

except bushes.
I suppose it's already unrealistic.. except for bushes. 
Changing it to sprout picking on horseback would be equally unrealistic, but it would be a very large QOL improvement. 
which i read as neutral and plus. 
at the moment it's neutral and negative. 

Edited by Steveleeb
clarity edit
  • Like 2

As kids growing up on a farm, my sister and I used to pluck various fruits on the way through our orchards. Dismounting would have been a bad idea lest the horses get distracted by what they would find on the ground during the idle time. So long as we kept moving they wouldn't put up much of an argument.

If you're picking sprouts for the skill gain then yeah, be on the ground. If you're just harvesting for bulk then mounted harvest should be an option.

+1

• Like 4

Yes Please.

I don't care about realistic or not.(Although I actually think it is realistic to harvest/pick sprouts mounted)

As what has been said many times before. we need to get this tedious tasks simplified.

• Like 1