Sign in to follow this  
Fraeya

Picking sprouts while mounted or embarked

This makes me wish we had a wider variety of animations. When I imagine picking sprouts, I've always imagined having to get down on my knees and jabbing and poking with my sickle to get that sprout from around the base of the plant, which doesn't really work with doing it on horseback.

+1

On 8/12/2015 at 0:31 PM, Fraeya said:

Would make sprout farming hugely simpler, it's a huge pain when leading animals for example to dismount, pick a sprout, gather all your animals up again from the cliffside then move 20 tiles to do it all again

That was changes quite some time ago.. you don't stop leading the animals when you disembark from your horse/cart/wagon/boat, you still lead them.. if you disconnect.

...though, YES, it is annoying to be on a horse and get on/off it every 20-30~ sprouts, move to next patch of trees, repeat, than deal with sprout's weight and containers to hold them, that can easily slow you down

+1 Being able to pick fruit and sprouts from a horse or a cart would be a big boon.

+1 Being able to pick fruit and sprouts from a horse or a cart would be a big boon.

I'm sorry but once again I'm going to have to say NO.

The desire to have legs to run away because you are harvesting in hostile area and cannot or do not wish to deal with the guardians of that area is not really a good reason to alter the game.  

We might as well have a non-hostile creature server.

1 hour ago, Tallios said:

The desire to have legs to run away because you are harvesting in hostile area and cannot or do not wish to deal with the guardians of that area is not really a good reason to alter the game.  

Lol this has "nothing" to do with hostile creatures which for the most part are a joke to kill, not to mention southern xanadu has next to none, it's about dismounting to pick a sprout then remounting to run 5 or more tiles then dismounting again to pick another. It's tiresome, boring and adds nothing more to the game preventing you from doing it on horseback. You may as well set out from home on foot if you intend to go sprout picking. 

How about those times when you are travelling somewhere and see a tree you want a sprout from, you have to dismount, pick it, re lead your creature, re embark your creature (or vehicle which can lead to that fun mounting bug) then continue your journey. 4 actions when it should only be one.

48 minutes ago, Fraeya said:

Lol this has "nothing" to do with hostile creatures which for the most part are a joke to kill, not to mention southern xanadu has next to none, it's about dismounting to pick a sprout then remounting to run 5 or more tiles then dismounting again to pick another. It's tiresome, boring and adds nothing more to the game preventing you from doing it on horseback. You may as well set out from home on foot if you intend to go sprout picking. 

How about those times when you are travelling somewhere and see a tree you want a sprout from, you have to dismount, pick it, re lead your creature, re embark your creature (or vehicle which can lead to that fun mounting bug) then continue your journey. 4 actions when it should only be one.

As I said, while I sympathize with your statements.  This is something the Dev's will either decide in favor of, or against.  I would say against.  The reason being is, you don't do a number of things from the back of a horse.  At this point, do you want convenience or realism.   Also, if you tame your horse you don't have to "re-lead"

Edited by Tallios

Considering this is a game rather than a scientific, real world mimicking simulation, I'd vote in favor of convenience. Realism is nice in games until it starts to feel like a chore you pay for.

• Like 2

I personally would like if instead of this, the focused on a tending process to treat trees like crops as far as seasons and harvesting to provide less randoms and more produce.

• Like 1

On 11 September 2016 at 11:25 PM, Tallios said:

-1 I'll have to agree withTallios here.

• Like 1

Can butcher from horse back and a few other activities, so why not harvest sprouts as well.

Now limits on farming would be feasible given the value of crops and the value of denying such resources.

Granted gathering resources from a Rift are an unknown atm with longterm value; though, not aware of sprout-gathering being usable or even planned.

bump, we can gather snow from horseback, why not pick sprouts and harvest?

4 hours ago, Fraeya said:

bump, we can gather snow from horseback, why not pick sprouts and harvest?

If this is to continue, might as well throw plant in there as well.

21 hours ago, Tallios said:

If this is to continue, might as well throw plant in there as well.

We got the -1 Tallios, thank you for your input, you don't need to keep plaguing the topic.

19 minutes ago, Fraeya said:

We got the -1 Tallios, thank you for your input, you don't need to keep plaguing the topic.

Actually it wasn't a "troll" post.  It was more of a matter of logic, if the OP was to go through, why would you want to leave this out at the same time?

Either way, it's an idea, it was suggested, some like and some dislike.

Either way, have a great day.