Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Premium time Awards and Unstable test at Java 8

We have been looking at retroactively fixing the premium time awards and these should start ticking in during the next day or two. You need to be off the Golden Valley server for it to work. Rewarding will be a bit off but in general you will receive a bit too much. Also you need to still be premium for the code to detect the missing awards.

The Unstable client now uses Java 8, so if you want to use it please update to the latest Java version at www.java.com. If this works well the standard game client will soon be using Java 8 as well, so it’s a good idea to update anyways. The unstable client can be downloaded at http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_unstable.jnlp

Some issues with bridges and gates were fixed.

One reason for creatures moving through walls was found and fixed.

Fix to reduce bridge decay. Should not take any decay for a week after its been used.

Changed the QL levels between different bell sounds, as some sounds were not being played at all.

• Like 2

A few more things to the unstable client:

Some new keybinds: there is a DROP_AS_PILE bind, as well as a lot of catapulting binds (like WINCH, FIRE etc) thanks to Zcul. You can find them in the keybindings tab in the settings as well.

PM alert sounds: there is an option in the settings, under the sounds tab, where you can enable a sound alert when you receive a PM. It is disabled by default. This sound will play at the moment a PM tab starts flashing red. If a tab is already flashing red and you receive another PM on that tab, it will not play the sound again.

When you type something in the console and press enter, the text field will not lose its focus. This means you can keep typing without having to reclick on the text field or press your focus bind. This only applies to the console window.

There is a 'findbind' console command where you can do something like 'findbind DIG', and it will tell you all the keys that are bound to the dig action. This is just a shortcut from having to dump the binds and look for the keys yourself.

• Like 18

Drop as a pile keying! Just...amazing!

Thanks BrQQQ for more elaboration on some new things being added.

as well as a lot of catapulting binds (like WINCH, FIRE etc) thanks to Zcul

A great help for using catapults! All that winching r-clicking can get tiresome.

There is a 'findbind' console command where you can do something like 'findbind DIG', and it will tell you all the keys that are bound to the dig action

Another great assist for finding all those forgotten keybinds set but rarely used! Good stuff.

=Ayes=

DROP_AS_PILE 

This is literally the best feature in Wurm since sliced bread the crafting window.

What would be more amazing is DIG_INTO_PILE. Why do we have to shove all that dirt in our pockets before dropping it? :P

Edited by bdew
  • Like 3

I didn't poke around for new things but can say that the unstable runs really smooth. I had relatively no mentionable travel lag and far less stuttering. Though this comes at the same time as Windows 10 and a video card with 2gb vs 1gb. It could be any of them over the other or all included also.

It is noticeably smoother, nice!  GLSL is still a complete bust on the Mac client though, it's only been 18 months since it worked properly!

It is noticeably smoother, nice!  GLSL is still a complete bust on the Mac client though, it's only been 18 months since it worked properly!

I was hoping this would have been fixed with this...maybe we are closer though. Heres to hoping.

GLSL works fine using the test server and client.  So it should be possible on the live client!

GLSL works fine using the test server and client.  So it should be possible on the live client!

AFAIK test server and client are using different rendering engine which will replace old one in live client in the future.

• Like 1

OMG drop as pile and catapult keybinds!!!

WHOOOO!

The rest is awesome too. :D

Edited by Klaa

I suspect the rewards system may be having some hiccups - some of my chars have received huge stacks of yellow potions (9 or 10 at a go), and I'm not sure whether they did or didn't get them previously.  It is nice to finally get spyglasses, tho.

PM alert sounds: there is an option in the settings, under the sounds tab, where you can enable a sound alert when you receive a PM. It is disabled by default. This sound will play at the moment a PM tab starts flashing red. If a tab is already flashing red and you receive another PM on that tab, it will not play the sound again.

Just recycle the sound file for the gnomes :D

TO clarify - if i premium my accounts now do i still get my rewards?

Think tonight ill test out running 3 unstable clients at once....

I recieved a easter egg 2 seryll lump and seryll basinet helm yellow potion from reimbursment.. Lol

Sign in to follow this