Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

17-18 Oct Impalong: Kalambaka

15 Oct: UPDATED WITH THE RULES AND LOGISTICS, SEE #2 POST

13 Oct: UPDATED WITH THE NEW DATES AND CURRENT LIST OF IMPERS

Dear fellow Wurm addicts,

the new date for the impalong is this Saturday-Sunday, 17-18 October. I hope it will fit for the most of you.

Opening: 17 October, 9AM CEST (GMT+2)

Closing: 19 October, 4AM CEST (GMT+2)

I have updated the impers' list based on feedback from them, I have removed who will not be able to make it this weekend, and added (?) to I don't know about yet.

Please note, that the new permissions still might be glitched so please accept the disclaimer below:

The impalong is mainly aimed to help newer player with imping, those items will be quite safe as pose no big risk of theft/loss. Please don't leave your valuable items (rare, enchanted, unique etc.) for imping unless you take the possible risk of being lost - which is very unlikely as hopefull yall possible exploits/bugs will be known and fixed by then.

Current facts:

Location: Kalambaka / Xanadu / S15 - map link: http://xanadu-wurm.rhcloud.com/#mark/3224/6584/5

Date: weekend of 17-18 October 2015, starting CEST morningtime (GMT+2)

Theme: none. Get together, help newer fellows, have a great time together

No special events/challenges are planned as of now, might change later of course.

Facility: a tight impalong building is available already, we will be stuffed together to grant best possible listener flock to get high faith for the precious priests. A hotel with numerous beds will provide good rest for you, meals will be no issue of course.

Rules will follow later.

We are still more than happy to see you participate imping the likely huge volume of items, also very welcome donations of materials (target ql to imp is 70ql as being a standard lately).

Current list of impers:

Blacksmithing

Zkovacs

ShodaKai

Baloo

Ekib (?)

Dreadbanger

Chain armor smithing

Jaz

Ekib (?)

Pingpong

Plate armor smithing

Jaz

Nisteros

Pingpong

Shieldsmithing

Jaz

Zkovacs

Pingpong

Weaponsmithing

Talarias

Jaz

Ekib (?)

Ede

Jewelry smithing

Baloo

Annyil

Zkovacs

Pottery

Bonegetter (?)

Carpentry

Anarres (?)

ShodaKai

kochinac

Baloo

Zkovacs

Annyil

Pingpong

Fine carpentry

kochinac

Baloo

Zkovacs

Annyil

Bowyery

Annyil

Zkovacs

Pingpong

Fletching (up to 50ql, 1 quiver max)

Annyil

Zkovacs

Leatherworking

HedgeKnight

ShodaKai

Annyil

Zkovacs

Nisteros

Pingpong

Celeia (?)

Tailoring

HedgeKnight

ShodaKai

Annyil

Zkovacs

Toymaking

Annyil

Stonecutting

Ivanson

ShodaKai

Materials which you can help with (and tabbed the current contributors):

(please reply to the thread with the type and quantity to add you to see what will be covered and to add you to the list of the  contributors)

string of cloth (or cotton) 70+ ql

cotton 300-500 - ShodaKai

silver lumps 70+ ql

600 - ShodaKai

400 - Zachariah (delivered)

iron

~3k - Jaz

copper

coal 40+ql (in advance, Zaj will turn that to steel, now 70+ metallurgy)

hides (or leather) 70+ ql

bulk ql leather for the lower ql imps

750 - ShodaKai

164 - 57ql ShodaKai

lye 80+ ql

150 80ql ash - ShodaKai

Of course the other imping mats are welcome but those will be covered by the hosts if needed

We will not be able to provide the priests with saccing materials, please bring yours with you

---END OF CURRENT POST---

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 13

Rules:

as the impalong is mainly intended to help the newer players, who are attending the event in person, the following rules are in place:

• Always name your items (rename: your character name), items without names will not be worked on.

• Please put the items into the correct container (forge, coffin, etc), you can consult the wurmpedia or ask if unsure which item belongs where. For example sacrificial knife is weapon, candelabra is jewelry item...

• Where backpacks etc. are in the forges or other containers, please put your items -that fit inside- into any of these subcontainers, to max out the available space. Jewelry forge will have backpacks marked for different metals, please use the correct ones.

• When an item is ready, the imper will post “/me <name> <item name> is ready†into the local chat, causing the line to appear in yellow text. Please pick up your item as soon as possible to make space for new items in the containers. If a container is full, please wait until some space is freed up.

• Do not take out the items that do not belong to you even if you are the imper, do not move them into another containers

• Items will be imped to 70ql max - if you wish anything imped to higher, please arrange it in PM with the impers, preferably arranged after the event closed

• Please don’t put multiple items of the same type into the forges, if the organizers will find duplicate ones, none of them will be imped for you. Sets, like armours count as 1 item of course

• The imping priority recommended to the impers is:

1 (highest). “regular†items of the character inside the impalong buildind

2. “regular“ items of characters in local range

3. non “regular†(rare, unique, enchanted) items of the above categories

4. (lowest) anything else - like items of characters not in local range

• Steel lump supply will be assigned to plate armor pieces only as having a limited stock. Cannot imp steel tools, steel bardings, and other steel other items.

• Rules may change during the event based on the circumstances, if updated, it will be announced in local chat

• If you have issues or questions please contact the members of the organizers (Jaz, Zaj, Frankdrebin, Annyil, Tamina, Mittyke)

• Please be kind to each other, this weekend is for fun and to meet each other :)

Logistics:

• The imping and sermons are done in a single building to support the priests with the biggest possible audience. The building is located next to the 2 tiles road which is starting from the docks

• A hotel is available next to the impalong building with quite a few beds. There are public beds in the nearby inn as well

• Food and water is provided

• On-deed pens with enchanted grass available, please bring branded animals if possible to avoid leading and other access issues

• Loading-unloading is possible only on the perimeters between Kalambaka and Teralon, Kalambaka and Kalandorr etc. - check the shores of the little bay of Kalambaka

Edited by Jaz

Annyil will add pictures of the area (she will slap me, did not arrange it with her :D )

Outdated #1 posts below in the spolier:

The earlier #1 post on the postpone is below

----

(original post is moved down to post #2)

I have a very sad announcement:

Kalambaka Impalong is
POSTPONED
, currently planned target date is next weekend, 17-18 October.

The new date will be confirmed with all the volunteer staff and impers in the coming days and might be reconsidered unless it fits the schedule of the majority

Due to the new permission system learning curve, the initial issues and bugs and the current lag issues we have finally decided to NOT host the impalong this week and postpone it.

It was a very hard decision and I feel real bad that had to go this way.

This event should be a fun one and we are not confident it is granted due to the below reasons.

* New permissions are brand new even to us, we don't want to risk missing your or our items if something is not set properly or some permissions do not work the way we suppose they do.

* Possible bugs with the new permissions may cause security or playability issues

* Some mechanics we designed to utilize on the impalong are obsolate now, and although the new system is great to replace these it is not sure we will be able to implement it properly in the remaining 2 days.

* We expect several server restarts and downtimes while devs work hard to hunt the bugs - now a big rock is lifted from the ground and the bug population underneath is just set to roam it seems...

* We have spent all our yesterday's gametime and still need to spend more today to secure the settings on our deeds and items

* There are quite bad lag waves now, with the expected high number of toons in local range of the event it might be really unbearable during the weekend.

It is quite possible (and I hope so) that the issues will be ironed within the next 1-2 days but as the planned start date is very close, we cannot push the decision any further to save travel time for those who planned to attend.

Of course the time we lost affected negatively to accomplish the last mile of preparations from our side too.

Please take my apologies, I was really eager to have the impalong this weekend and feel quite bad  but need to accept to lose from my face and still shut it down in the last seconds.

To be clear: I love the new permission system... at least most of it with minor exceptions
:)
, but the timing was the worst possible to us

OLD ORIGINAL POST COPIED BELOW

(
important update
: there is a slight chance that we will postpone the event depending on the experiences of the new permission system planned to go online next week)

Dear fellow Wurm addicts,

Kalamari alliance plans to hold an autumn impalong to raise our souls going blue seeing the days getting shorter (hush, southern hemisphere dwellers
:)
).

Current facts:

Date:
weekend of 9-10 October 2015, starting CEST morningtime (GMT+2)

Theme:
none. Get together, help newer fellows, have a great time together

No special events/challenges are planned as of now, might change later of course.

Facility:
a tight impalong building is available already, we will be stuffed together to grant best possible listener flock to get high faith for the precious priests. A hotel with numerous beds will provide good rest for you, meals will be no issue of course.

Rules, requests etc. will follow later, for now just please mark your calendars...

We are more than happy to see you participate imping the likely huge volume of items, also very welcome donations of materials (target ql to imp is 70ql as being a standard lately).

We have a few ideas to make the life of the hard working masters easier to avoid constant begging for resources, details a bit later.

So much as an early teaser, comment here or via PM please!

Current list of impers:

Blacksmithing

Zkovacs

Zachariah

bdew

ShodaKai

Baloo

Trimm

Ekib

Chain armor smithing

Jaz

Ekib

Pingpong

Plate armor smithing

Zachariah

Jaz

Nisteros

Pingpong

Shieldsmithing

bdew

Jaz

Zkovacs

Pingpong

Weaponsmithing

Talarias

Jaz

Ekib

Jewelry smithing

Baloo

Annyil

Zkovacs

Pottery

Bonegetter

Carpentry

Zachariah

bdew

Anarres

ShodaKai

kochinac

Baloo

Zkovacs

Annyil

Aedrianna

Pingpong

Fine carpentry

Zachariah

kochinac

Baloo

Zkovacs

Annyil

Bowyery

Annyil

Zkovacs

Pingpong

Fletching
(up to 50ql, 1 quiver max)

Annyil

Zkovacs

Leatherworking

bdew

HedgeKnight

ShodaKai

Annyil

Zkovacs

Nisteros

Shrimpiie

Pingpong

Celeia

Tailoring

Zachariah

HedgeKnight

ShodaKai

Annyil

Zkovacs

Shrimpiie

Toymaking

Annyil

Stonecutting

Ivanson

Zachariah

ShodaKai

Materials which you can help with (and tabbed the current contributors):

(please reply to the thread with the type and quantity to add you to see what will be covered and to add you to the list of the  contributors)

string of cloth
(or cotton) 70+ ql

cotton 300-500 - ShodaKai

silver
lumps 70+ ql

bdew

600 - ShodaKai

400 - Zachariah (delivered)

500 - bdew

iron

200 - bdew

~3k - Jaz

copper

300 - bdew

140 - bdew

coal 40+ql
(in advance, Zaj will turn that to steel, now 70+ metallurgy)

hides
(or leather) 70+ ql

bulk ql leather
for the lower ql imps

750 - ShodaKai

lye
80+ ql

Of course the other imping mats are welcome but those will be covered by the hosts if needed

We will not be able to provide the priests with saccing materials, please bring yours with you

Edited by Jaz

:D Since the Kalambaka alliance is litterally a 5 minute ride down the road from me I will be there full time helping Jaz and his crew out in anything that they need.

I will also be there doing Black smithing, Carpentry, Fine Carpentry, Plate Smithing, Cloth Tailoring, and Masonry. Hopeing to get other skills up in the time being.

If you guys need anything though please dont hesitate to contact me I will deffinitly be there a couple days before hand to help out with anything you need me to do :D

I am exited this is gonna be fun

Edited by Zachariah
  • Like 1

Just being curious, but do we have weekly impalongs now on Xanadu ?

• Like 3

Yes  :D they are fun. I know a lot of people who told me that they didn't come to mine because they live way down on the South coast so I think it is a perfect time plus they are fun for the community 

I wouldn't disagree that they're fun, but they used to be something special. Nowadays they seem to pop into existence every few days. It's not that having an Impalong is anything bad, I just hope people won't be fed up with Impalongs by Cristmas (when they usually used to take place)

Edited by Galadhel
  • Like 2

The Christmas impalong is very popular, it attracts large crowds, so it's very laggy. This impalong will be smaller and it is going to have family atmosphere. I hope every visitor and helper will feel very well, we will do everything in order to accomplish this. :)

I've added an announcement/timer to wurm.bdew.net

Also i'll probably attend and do some LW/Carp/BS/SHS

Edited by bdew

Count me in its close by so I can go home at night :)

Carp 86

Fine carp 60

Edited by Perliana

I'm afraid I didn't make it to the recent impalong (and I still haven't been to any for that matter) but this one is just in the neighborhood so gotta make it to this one!

As nice as impalongs are, they are also detrimental to the part of the economy that improves gear for profit.  Basically made that whole business not-for-profit.

Looking forward to this one, missed the last one because it was just too far away.

:D I am exited to go to this one. Its gonna be nice to go to my first one instead of hosting it. Thanks Jaz and crew

As nice as impalongs are, they are also detrimental to the part of the economy that improves gear for profit. Basically made that whole business not-for-profit.

wow it's a good thing we are not playing Economy Online then, isn't it?
  • Like 2

wow it's a good thing we are not playing Economy Online then, isn't it?

Was just stating an observation.  Only my opinions on the matter.

Slickshot, I suppose partially this is why impalongs are capped at 70ql. As ı see the market of sub 80ql items is quite dead for years...

• Like 8

Slickshot, I suppose partially this is why impalongs are capped at 70ql. As ı see the market of sub 80ql items is quite dead for years...

Not that I'm against the idea of impalongs but 70ql is one of the best markets out there only slowing down in sales in the last year or two. 70ql is good yet affordable so you can get them higher enchants.

Here's one player who bought his first ql70 weapon rather than waiting for a nearby impalong. So yes, there's a market. You're also free to disregard the market, in part or in full, when you play the game your way. The issue of impalongs dumping prices seems like a good topic however... in a thread of its own.

Now that there finally is an impalong in my area I'd love to attend, meet some neighbours and folks from far away, chat and trade. I'm at the level where I'm pretty self sufficient and can make most of the basic stuff at a useful quality, and loot the rest from abandeeds. I have a short list of stuff that could still use some improvement though.

I would also like to contribute so here's a question for you.

I'm at woodcutting 45 and FC 40. How many hours do you reckon to get any of those up to a sufficient level?

Edited by Skrofler

I would also like to contribute so here's a question for you.

I'm at woodcutting 45 and FC 40. How many hours do you reckon to get any of those up to a sufficient level?

All of the hours in every day.

So... roughly 60 days and let's say I play 10 hours per day... Are you saying 600 hours is not enough to grind WC 40-70 or are you just playing confuse the newbie?

get one of those famous coc skilling hatchets, gather 50 felled trees in wagon. bind chop_up to an easy accessible button. Turn on sleep bonus. 

click that button repeatedly until all felled trees are gone.

You only get skill for logs you chop between 1-39, so don't start out with a 1ql skiller hatchet, have it imp to say 25ish I would guess at 40 wc.