Sign in to follow this  
Sixiron

Toolbelt keeps blanking

Every now and then when I move my toolbelt around it will blank all the slots and I have to set it back up. Sometimes it will also load an old setup I had.

01036c21d0.jpg

Edited by Sixiron
  • Like 1

Are you playing on multiple computers?  The configuration is saved locally.  Also, are you saving the toolbelt setup?

I only play on one computer and even tried to load the toolbelt setup but it stays empty. Relogging returns the toolbelt to the proper setup.

does the same for me if i accidentally change the tab and then go back. 

I would guess you are clicking the up and down arrows one the left side of the belt which cycles through all of your settings.

That is not the case. All the setups are cleared from the toolbelt when this happens.

This may be a silly question, but it reminded me of when I first started using the multi setup feature.  When you had one tab set up, for instance tab 1 on the belt, did you right click it and save to belt 1?  If you don't save it, if you then click the up or down arrows to another tab it will revert to what it was before you set it up whether that be blank or to an older setup.

Edited by Amadee

I only play on one computer and even tried to load the toolbelt setup but it stays empty. Relogging returns the toolbelt to the proper setup.

I'm in the habit of hitting ctrl+s every time I make a change or swap belts, (BIND ctrl+s save_toolbelt). Since doing that I never have this issue. Are you saving yours too?

As Marni said, make sure you save your toolbelt! It isn't automatic. :)

If you don't want to bind a hotkey for it, right-click the toolbelt and you should see the option. Keep in mind that if you save to a specific slot, you can overwrite another save.