Sign in to follow this  
Haverstrom

No more gods

Please, at least not the way its currently going. Imagine a dozen gods, all taking spells from the same list.  Gives me a headache.

The problem in my opinion is that the new religions have no personality. Like, I give up on Wurm lore now because this is frustrating me so much. Its so dull and lazily put together. When there were just 4 gods, it made sense to a degree. Each god had a purpose, and they each had different powers that worked together nicely. When you joined a religion it felt like it almost was a part of your character's personality. Now that the gods take random spells from the list, they are losing their individuality and they might as well be named "god a", "god b", "god c", etc. The spell names aren't even adjusted, like Nahjo has the name "Libila's shielding". The dev's could have at least changed it to say "Nahjo's shielding" instead. Give him his own demise spells and counters. Give his priest's their own unique powers, that aren't op, but counter the other priests. Since there are more priests now, it should be easier to balance them if its done in this way. Think of league of Legends, how the champions are balanced so none is the most powerful, but each has its strong points. Since the gods are becoming numerous, it probably is fine to have multiple healer gods, tank gods, craftsman gods, etc, but making them all exactly the same is too boring. They need something that sets them apart.

Edited by Haverstrom
  • Like 3

oh goody, another freedomer who knows nothing about Valrei trying to get deities removed.

• Like 1

Fo & Mag are broken now but life goes on, maybe they fix it but then screw over all the new priests in the process there is no winning.

+1. as well as remove all the ones we already have

Edited by New_Unsleep

+1 remove all gods and priest. We need to be cavemen. 

Yes remove all religion from wurm and depriest/dechamp all current priests/champs.  It was always a horrible idea anyways.

+((((1 - 5) * 3) / 12) ^ pi)

Edited by Alexgopen

+1 for renaming the spells a bit

...The spell names aren't even adjusted, like Nahjo has the name "Libila's shielding". The dev's could have at least changed it to say "Nahjo's shielding" instead...

Not necessarily, it could just be representative of a minority of players who not only share an opinion but also a taste for creating new threads on the same things.

• Like 1

Not necessarily, it could just be representative of a minority of players who not only share an opinion but also a taste for creating new threads on the same things.

• Like 1

Not really, could find many examples of issues that are contained in a single thread. Its not dismissing merely pointing out that there are other threads that could have been bumped and added to for the sake of keeping things more collective rather than spread out and disorganised.

Quite the interesting outlook heh Its good to finally realize that people only suggest changes to satisfy that burning urge to create new threads

jokes aside... a bit more effort wouldn't be a bad thing when adding something like multiple new gods would it? 

Good thing we are not Romans, Aztecs, Greeks, Egyptians, Celts, Mayans, Incas  or any number of civilizations that had a multitude of gods. We only have to deal with a handful. On the bright side, you don't even have to bother with them in WURM. I don't, I simply ignore them.

Remove body stats also

Remove meditation while you're at it

Yes remove all religion from wurm and depriest/dechamp all current priests/champs.  It was always a horrible idea anyways.

+((((1 - 5) * 3) / 12) ^ pi)

+1 remove all gods and priest. We need to be cavemen. 

oh goody, another freedomer who knows nothing about Valrei trying to get deities removed.

Clearly I didn't say remove any of those things. I don't even want the new gods to be removed.

I want them to be FIXED. I want them to be ORIGINAL. I want them to be more INTERESTING then having a copy of all the old spells.

Some people just hate fun.

I love fun! Who doesn't like to have fun?  :rolleyes:

inb4 realism excuse

Nope not saying that. Wurm is a game, and I always  loved its gods and spells and such. 

why

why

Yes, that means fix the problem. People complain means something is wrong. Of course, there are people who disagree with the problem, and they post all over the threads. Nothing wrong with that, its the nature of a forum site.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so all the posts that are against this thread are nothing more than troll posts, because they were obviously made to derail and they have NO good additions to this thread or decent arguments. You just want to harass me because you don't agree with me, which is not what your supposed to do in a forum site. I understand some of you guys have fun messing with people, but please save that for ingame pvp; keep it in character, not out of character. Until you guys have something reasonable to say my point remains.

Edited by Haverstrom

From your standpoint, being someone who disagrees with the concept, I can see how it appears this way to you. However, there is no rule about creating multiple threads about the same subject, and I like this rule because sometimes a rebirth is better than a necro. What you see happening is threads die, then a new one gets born shortly after, because the people that want this change to happen are still high in number. I don't think its a bad thing that they want their own opinions to be heard. After all, that's what a suggestions forum is about, right?

I still want anything to do with "religion" removed. Get rid of the "gods" and priests all that . Tbh if you want spells could just add something like a "magic" skill, but that's another subject that doesn't really fit here.

• Like 1

Yeah I've always been a little uncomfortable with the state of religions in Wurm.  But with the addition of "player gods", the game has just completely jumped the shark.

Sorcery would have been much better.  What's the roadmap for that happening by the way?  Not everyone want's to be a Priest or a god....