Sign in to follow this  
Miretta

Magranons Scar - Highway Project

I wonder though, with it's current speed if it will be finished before in the far far far far future the wurm servers shut down XD

Edited by Miretta

*wipes dust from thread*

pathf rom scar to crater, continued :D
9000689_orig.png

• Like 2

quite much done, first half is paved, second is in process of being raised and apparently having had so many big breaks with the project, alot of the dirt and sand digged has decayed in bsbs :o

3425111_orig.png

• Like 1

Im pretty interesting how looks your body stats :)

On 4/27/2016 at 8:38 AM, Ibexx said:

Im pretty interesting how looks your body stats :)

I know I'm several months later, but, my body stats are really not that impressive tbh :) My body is 50 and body strength is 47, stamina 43 and control 27.
Since I don't really do any other body related things than mining and digging XD

• Like 1

Update! 
We finished the connection between gurubears crater and the scar! now fully passable also on foot. Though the start and end of the scar are still only ridable.
Still, this is a huge step forward in helping workers and travellers to pass by, without huge trouble :)
Thanks to some newbies who helped out today :)

loUapMG.png

fYDfia8.png

Also, I have some plans on having a magranons scar weekend soon, an event that happens once every month, where everyone who is interested can come and help or just have fun. Main focus would be still the terraforming, but good cooks, impers etc. would be very welcome aswell :)
Will update when I know specifics :)

• Like 3

A weekend trip to the epicly named mag's scar might be some fun :)

• Like 1

more details to the monthly "mining" event at the scar:

We will hold it every first weekend of a month, starting 5th of November.

Whoever joins us can get free shovel and pickaxe imps from Raybarg and we can provide tools if necessary aswell. 
Every worker who joins, can take shards with them, for free :) , aswell as keep any tools that you might have gotten from us.

Also we have an inn with rooms and beds(can make more if needed) and we have kitchen, forges, a mine with iron, a mailbox, wells, stables etc.
Everything you need should be taken care of, while staying at the scar :)

pingpong, the noob, will also be there :P

happy mining ! 

nDuzEU8.png

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 2

If you require any decent quality hatchets, pickaxes or shovels, let me know ill provide them for free!

11 minutes ago, Elwood2 said:

If you require any decent quality hatchets, pickaxes or shovels, let me know ill provide them for free!

sure! Can always use those :)

I have updated our webpage, now with new news entry, more and better organized Information on what the Progress and Goals are, aswell as what needs to be done, what we are currently working on etc. and I updated the gallery with some pictures (more following soon)

the "progress and goals" page is now updated with numbers, if anyone is curious what size the Project is :)

Like the new web site Farelle, Rayberg.

Would like to make another small contribution.  I measured the size of the old map you have up and thought you could use a Surveyed Update.

The updated map of the Magranon's Scar can be downloaded from.....   http://prntscr.com/d06x6a 

Feel free to down load this screenie and use it on your new website for the project.

Good to see you are a making such good progress.

With you now holding monthly "mining camps", I shall resume the veggie supply service I did for you back int 2012-2013 to help keep your volunteers adequately fed.

Kindest regards!
Hughmongus

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EbliOmfbWcK1zhD4t4iYU-Dc18eEr7ZB/

PS: Can you please add myself and Webleyvickers on to the new workers station, so we can make veggie deliveries.

Webley's farming has really improved, so we will be bringing up 75+ QL veggies.

Edited by HughMongus
add a post script

I'm happy to provide a few picks for free to help with the project, will craft a little batch the coming days and send them over to you. Sadly my Nahjo is non prem so no woa at this time :( What are the prefs, more  picks or less but higher ql?

Edited by Jaz

4 hours ago, HughMongus said:

Like the new web site Farelle, Rayberg.

Would like to make another small contribution.  I measured the size of the old map you have up and thought you could use a Surveyed Update.

The updated map of the Magranon's Scar can be downloaded from.....   http://prntscr.com/d06x6a 

Feel free to down load this screenie and use it on your new website for the project.

Good to see you are a making such good progress.

With you now holding monthly "mining camps", I shall resume the veggie supply service I did for you back int 2012-2013 to help keep your volunteers adequately fed.

Kindest regards!
Hughmongus

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5evRFXJXhXONkktVjE4MUJaYjA/view?pref=2&pli=1

PS: Can you please add myself and Webleyvickers on to the new workers station, so we can make veggie deliveries.

Webley's farming has really improved, so we will be bringing up 75+ QL veggies.

thanks, though I think you linked this specific version before and a few things have changed since then (namely the South side of the scar is now connecting straight with the existing Highway on the Bottom, instead of that little diagonal you can see on the bottom of the picture). That's why I have made an updated version for the page myself already.

I will add you next time I'm on :) with the cooking update standing infront of our doors, I want to make sure that everyone working on the scar can experience the new cooking :D so having more materials sounds great.

4 hours ago, Jaz said:

I'm happy to provide a few picks for free to help with the project, will craft a little batch the coming days and send them over to you. Sadly my Nahjo is non prem so no woa at this time :( What are the prefs, more  picks or less but higher ql?

less with higher ql, since we are more or less eating through them, except for the few people who have those special rare/steel whatever high ql versions. Atleast that's my experience :o 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jaz said:

My standard currently is ~90ql made out of steel based on the thought how 90 seems to be such a defacto in Wurm these days. But I have not explored how popular lower or higher quality stuff would be. :)

You could send your contribution to me and I can see them properly enchanted also.

if anyone has time to come before the event next weekend, we are in need of stocking up the new working station.

We are in need of:

-beds (or sheets mainly to make beds)

-various cooking utensils(pans, bowls etc.)

-cooking ingredients (to allow also experimenting with the new update once it arrives)

-imping of forge, oven, anvils and street lamps

-iron ore(or lumps)

-planks

-stone bricks and mortar

here something from the time when we worked on the northsite of the scar...to see from where we went and where we are now with that part :)

DGijfns.jpg

then about 2 weeks ago we continued working on the south part again, now focusing on finishing it....here is how it started, so innocently:

wurm-20161016-2049_1_orig.png

of course, there was alot of mining and digging previous to this stage, but here how it looks now :P

wurm-20161029-2024_1_orig.png

isn't it a beautiful sight? :P

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 2

Too bad I read the forum so late. :-/ Anyway, beds and sheets (and any other cotton-ware) won't be a problem. :-) Also veggies and utensils for cooking, but I'm afraid what's most interesting will be available only after the update goes live - I would make preparations for such gathering already, but what will I do now with that potatoes and wheat stacked up without nice distiller? :-D

7 hours ago, eftet said:

Too bad I read the forum so late. :-/ Anyway, beds and sheets (and any other cotton-ware) won't be a problem. :-) Also veggies and utensils for cooking, but I'm afraid what's most interesting will be available only after the update goes live - I would make preparations for such gathering already, but what will I do now with that potatoes and wheat stacked up without nice distiller? :-D

haha, yeah I agree :) it's a little bit early for some things, but currently we have nothing at the new working station :) so anything is better than nothing.

16 hours ago, Miretta said:

here something from the time when we worked on the northsite of the scar...to see from where we went and where we are now with that part :)

[snip, snip]

isn't it a beautiful sight? :P

Oh absolutely.. that 1st work station with it's observation tower was a fun time, just had to be careful not to base jump off the fenceless top.... *-)

Will be up with a load of veggies soon for the new work station, and will see if there are any spare beds about the place I can donate.

Cheers! Hugh

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎15 at 7:09 PM, Miretta said:

Update! 
We finished the connection between gurubears crater and the scar! now fully passable also on foot. Though the start and end of the scar are still only ridable.
Still, this is a huge step forward in helping workers and travellers to pass by, without huge trouble :)
Thanks to some newbies who helped out today :)

We will try to get a survey crew up there soon, to get it into the Albia Roads Map of Indy.  Thank you for the heads up.

Cheers!

Hughmongus

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

Downloadable from   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5evRFXJXhXONkktVjE4MUJaYjA/view?pref=2&pli=1 

new south speedway is fully passable now :) but might need to use the sandy part of the southern diagonal to get there, due to the deep scars from the tunnelmining