Sign in to follow this  
Redd

Wurm PvP Ban.... Any news?

So its been 2 days now... There any news? Is the Dev team even working on the issues? How long can we expect this ban to last?

The whole wurm PvP community is paying for PvP and we arent being provided the service we're paying for... will premium reimbursement happen if this situation continues?

Edited by Redd
  • Like 5

I'm sure they will try to fix it before september.

Aye, this is bad..Im starting to kill guards out of the boredom, if this continues!!

I guess when Rolf shuts down he shuts down completely and walks away from the game for the entire vacation time, lol

"Are you tired of chaos? Are you tired of never ending boredom? Then come join freedom where's always something cool happening!" Taken from Freedom isles recruitment add.

• Like 2

I'm sure they'll fix the bugs with minedoors quicker than they fixed the bugs with mine entrances overall. OH wait, that was never done and it's been ingame for like 6years now... ^_^

• Like 2

I guess when Rolf shuts down he shuts down completely and walks away from the game for the entire vacation time, lol

Him and the rest of the paid team. This is something that has been going on year after year, multiple times a year. During the entire summer and almost the whole month of January, Wurm is kept running by the volunteer staff. Also, all of the "Red days", or whatever they're called.

As an American, kinda jelly that I'm not a Euro that gets to spend 1/4 of his life on vacation/holiday. I live in a similar climate to Sweden too.... I deserve 3 months off from work because there's finally no snow on the ground.

• Like 1

As an American, kinda jelly that I'm not a Euro that gets to spend 1/4 of his life on vacation/holiday. I live in a similar climate to Sweden too.... I deserve 3 months off from work because there's finally no snow on the ground.

Green Bay, Wisconsin here...I feel your pain.

• Like 1

Please note that the Wurm dev team's vacation habits are in no way representative for the rest of Rolfland, according to this it's a pretty good deal but in no way as good as they make it look.

• Like 1

Can't we just....can't we just PvP anyway ya know?

• Like 1

Please note that the Wurm dev team's vacation habits are in no way representative for the rest of Rolfland, according to this it's a pretty good deal but in no way as good as they make it look.

And look where the US falls.... 0. So my jelly is warranted.  ;) 

Europe really is a completely different world to us 'muricans. I live in a state that has "at-will employment" laws on their side, which means they can terminate my employment for any reason, or no reason at all. I work Christmas. I work New Years. I work every major holiday. I get my 2 days off a week, and if a "holiday" happens to fall within it, then I get to celebrate. I can't call out... well I can, I can site religious holidays as a reason - but then I am liable to lose my employment. And legally, they can do so, as long as they don't specify that they are doing so because of my religious background/beliefs.

I only brought up Sweden specifically because Rolf and team loves to use the climate there as the reason or excuse for taking mega-long summer vacations.

I live in Estonia, near Sweden, its rather common to use the whole 4 weeks of vacation you get per year (by law) in the summertime.

The joke here is that they take time off way more often than the standard vacation time of their country and blame it on "summer" or "holiday" or whatever every time. They have the right to do whatever they want since Rolf owns the company, but that also means that they have the choice of not taking a vacation right after they have announced this to be "the summer of bug slaying". Just saying - They could've announced the "fall of bug slaying" where they were actually at the office, but they chose to do it at a time where they were all on one of their many vacation leaves.

• Like 6

The joke here is that they take time off way more often than the standard vacation time of their country and blame it on "summer" or "holiday" or whatever every time. They have the right to do whatever they want since Rolf owns the company, but that also means that they have the choice of not taking a vacation right after they have announced this to be "the summer of bug slaying". Just saying - They could've announced the "fall of bug slaying" where they were actually at the office, but they chose to do it at a time where they were all on one of their many vacation leaves.

Well.... remember who we're talking about.  :lol:

The United States definitely has the crap end of the deal when it comes to vacation periods. In my job if I want vacation time I have to work extra hours to save up for time off at the rate of 1:1, extra hour worked to hour off. Also we have no paid holidays. If you want to be paid for the holiday then you must come into work on that holiday when no one else is working.

Allow pvp but no raiding :P

Anyway, 9 day uptime >.>

[16:39:07] The server is shutting down in 600 seconds. Reason: Maintenance restart. Up to thirty minutes downtime.

Jinx?

• Like 2

"[15:17:16] <Brqqq> The minedoor issue is supposed to be fixed and there is no alert message, so there is no pvp ban"

From #wurm

Him and the rest of the paid team. This is something that has been going on year after year, multiple times a year. During the entire summer and almost the whole month of January, Wurm is kept running by the volunteer staff. Also, all of the "Red days", or whatever they're called.

Just to ease your pain. Imagine paying 70% of your salary in taxes. 

And look where the US falls.... 0. So my jelly is warranted.  ;) 

Europe really is a completely different world to us 'muricans. I live in a state that has "at-will employment" laws on their side, which means they can terminate my employment for any reason, or no reason at all. I work Christmas. I work New Years. I work every major holiday. I get my 2 days off a week, and if a "holiday" happens to fall within it, then I get to celebrate. I can't call out... well I can, I can site religious holidays as a reason - but then I am liable to lose my employment. And legally, they can do so, as long as they don't specify that they are doing so because of my religious background/beliefs.

I only brought up Sweden specifically because Rolf and team loves to use the climate there as the reason or excuse for taking mega-long summer vacations.

I get 24 days (4 workweeks +4days) off per year. Thats all. I don't know anyone that gets much more than that. 

Don't worry the newbs won't get to far, I'm sure there is still time to hunt them down for the slaughter.