Please update the Wurm wiki on mixed grass

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Mixed_grass

To include the following:

• Grass can be sold to the merchant via the Activate the item, and right-click sell command to earn coins toward your quota.

Number of units of mixed grass that fit inside a

• 6 pottery flask
  • 41 quiver
  • 50 Pottery Jar
  • 50 Fruit press
  • 62 water skin
  • 100 backpack
  • 100 satchel
  • 100 pottery bowl

grass%20water%20skin.png

grass%20satchel.png

grass%20pottery%20bowl.png

grass%20quiver.png

grass%20pottery%20jar.png

grass%20pottery%20flask.png

grass%20backpack.png

grass%20fruit%20press.png

Edited by dasfry

These are two things we may need to discuss as a community before these changes are made as they will generate a standard expected across the Wurmpedia which may need to be part of a larger project.

1. We currently don't have a 'may be sold' flag on every item page and I feel if we add this here it'll be expected on every page. Maybe if I start a database (Google doc?) outside of the Wurmpedia we can crowd source the list of items that may and may not be sold, then add them to the Sell page.  Editing every single item page to add such a flag would be a long process that may never be finished.

2. We have thousands of items in Wurm Online and I feel that adding tables on each item page of how much of each item may be stored inside of every container will be as above, a very long process that will never be finished.

Let's brainstorm some ideas in another thread to see if there's a viable way to achieve the asks here.

I know that not every item can be sold.

The wiki doesn't really say if something can be or can't be sold.  Currently you have to check yourself manually.

As for how do you standardize the information... that's not up to me.  

I just want to bring to light this particular item can/may be sold

As for the container information for grass, perhaps it's best added into the "containers" page.

The wiki doesn't really say if something can be or can't be sold.  Currently you have to check yourself manually.

You're right, there's nothing really on the Wurmpedia to state if anything can be sold or not, and yes checking manually is the only way, which is why I've opened a discussion on how we log this kind of information going forward.  People have been asking for transparency and I'd like to show that by getting feedback before we start adding sell-able content to item pages.

As for the container information for grass, perhaps it's best added into the "containers" page.

We could, but then what makes mixed grass any different to the 100's of other items we have in game, why shouldn't they be added to the containers page too?  Simply because there are too many of them and we must draw a line somewhere.  I feel that there are other more commonly used items such as clay or stone bricks that would be more helpful as quantities in containers over mixed grass.

Let's see how the discussion goes before we start documenting such levels of detail on the Wurmpedia.  Your post is extremely valid and this is why I've started this discussion.