Sign in to follow this  
Weatherwax

Animals not eating, not getting their fat tags.

My frustration has reached a peak. Something is not right with animals and how they graze and put on the fat layer they need to survive without packing the tile(s) they live on. This isn't my first rodeo and I am used to an animal requiring 2-3 days to get its fat tag before I move them away from the mother.

• New foals 2+ real life weeks old still do not have their fat tags while standing in Enchanted Grass.
  • Found animals in the wild (in this case sheep) are still not showing fat tags after 3 RL weeks on Enchanted Grass or regular grass/crop tiles.
  • A Venerable dog that has been fed 4 times its weight in food over a week still has a "Normal" build.

Is a wasting disease set lose on my deed or are we having code issues with animals again?

Edited by Weatherwax

Dogs do have a fast ingame metabolism even normally; though, not that bad.

I am used to an animal requiring 2-3 days to get its fat tag before I move them away from the mother.
News to me. It's taken all my animals weeks to get there for a couple of years now. They're generally no longer foals by the time they get the 'fat' status.

I've got a champ wildcat that took 2 to 3 weeks to get there.

That's been normal to me for a long time now.

Perhaps someone with a path of knowledge character can look in to the changing status of the animals...?

I've noticed, for example with pigs, that they are harder to keep fat because they don't go over to food as much as they used to. In the past, if a pig died, you'd always find an eaten corpse because the hungry piggies would run over and eat it. I remember one time I stupidly killed a horse near a pig and the SECOND it hit the ground, the pig ate it, so I didn't get any hides etc. from the horse. Now, most of the time if a pig dies in the pens, the whole body is still there, but if you offer food directly to one of the other pigs in the pen, they'll eat it. So they are hungry, just not wandering up to food and eating it. I can leave pumpkins in the pens, and they are still there the next day, but I can hand-feed pigs in those pens and they'll happily take the food.