Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Where are all the unicorns?

Whenever some wish for Unicorns it brings me back to a time around 3 years ago when they were completely infesting the area on the south side of Green Dog on Deliverance. They dominated so much that other animals rarely spawned there except a few aggros now and then. This was the time when they were dayglow colored and the blue ones were the most prevalent.

These days they do seem to be a more rare sighting, which I think befits their mythical nature. Not too sure you would have appreciated them back on Deliverance in the day, since many were then complaining about them dominating the spawn charts.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

Honestly can't say I've seen them, but I haven't seen many of most mobs for months. I've only seen a single hellhorse on Xanadu. Never seen a unicorn that I can remember.

But then again I murder everything I even see, so it's probably better off. 'Save the Unicorns!'

• Like 1

Xanadu C14 here, haven't seen any unicorn since about 1 year.

• Like 3

Grand Steppe on Indy used to be full of wild horses and Uni's. 

Now it's barren!  I brought my friend into the game 3 months ago, promising her Wild Unicorns.  And we haven't seen one yet!  :(

• Like 1

live in the mob filled north xan, saw 2 unicorns on a boat trip to opelika.  otherwise havent seen any for about a year.

• Like 1

I have seen one small area on Desertion (MRH) Epic server where unicorns seem to spawn.  Caught two and making unicorn babies.  Funny how they went from being an abundant pest to almost unseen.

• Like 1

Good ridence to them, thanks to there herding in the south east of Release, they destroyed a very large area of steppe when they were abundant.

Somebody must have noticed the thread, at least 7 unicorns spawned right at my Xanadu deed 3 hours ago  :)

I have not seen unicorns at my deed since autumn.... maybe I have a new spawn point,,....

• Like 2

Hi,

Fresh Birchwood Unicorn Rustle in our area:

[19:14:39] The den where some denizens reside. It is made from birchwood. Ql: 62.0, Dam: 3.3304915.

But for some strange reason no unicorn spawned yet. But instead, many Bisons suddenly!

And other denizens:

[19:25:46] A aged pig eats a troll meat.

This looks really buggy. As a wise man said once before a time: "Don't drink and code!"

He must have known Rolf ;-)

Have fun!

keep me smile when was 160 uni slay on xana, i seen only one per year and catch, but died 

• Like 1

I've seen several (6 to be exact in last 2 months) north of crater on release they are here

Here is some crazy news:  the unicorn spawn that appeared right next to my deed about a week ago and spawned oodles of animals incl. a champ - is now gone!

Usually a rustle will stay for a year or so, so I am thinking they really did it in response to this thread.

• Like 1

Here is some crazy news:  the unicorn spawn that appeared right next to my deed about a week ago and spawned oodles of animals incl. a champ - is now gone!

Usually a rustle will stay for a year or so, so I am thinking they really did it in response to this thread.

Not really, no, I had a unicorn lair that was gone again after 2 days or so as well, that was around 3 months ago. Unicorn lairs seem to decay very fast. I don't know whether that's intentional or due to a bug.

• Like 1

Not really, no, I had a unicorn lair that was gone again after 2 days or so as well, that was around 3 months ago. Unicorn lairs seem to decay very fast. I don't know whether that's intentional or due to a bug.

Hmm ok, but I have had unicorn lairs on both Independence and Xanadu that stayed put for many months before, so I was surprised with this one.

• Like 1

Same. it's been a good while back but when we did have a spawn by the deed, it was there forever and it produced a good many unicorns. It didn't overcrowd the area with them but there were some to be seen.

• Like 1

one of my allies saw 2 unicorns yesterday, right next to deed.  This is in a part of Xan that has very low critter spawns. hoping they did something. 

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1