Sign in to follow this  
Csponge

Skillgain Milestones

Unlock milestones, a new type of achievement, per 1000 total skill points gained. Every milestone acts like a trait for your character such as faster run speed, slower food/water drain, quicker skill gain, etc... One time buffs/rewards could be made available as well such as reaching 5000 total skill gives your character a free 1s.

I think I counted 140 total skills, which means 14000 total skill, and 14 milestones. It could range from silly bonuses at lower level, to really helpful stuff at the top tier or just generally useless, but quality of life improvements that amount to a significant help at higher tier.

I'll lay out a list of how it could work as an example, but these idea's are really just off the top of my head.

1000: 5% increased bite resistance (To help noobs out early on)
2000: Slightly decreased food/water drain
3000: 5% increased damage against mobs (Again, just a helpful nooby buff)
4000: Moderately reduced food/water drain
5000: 1s suddenly appears in your inventory!
6000: +1 quality on all items gathered/created
7000: Slightly decreased wear on all tools used
8000: Chance to critically fail gathering/creating items eliminated (Those random 1ql logs/ores/etc you get even at high skill)
9000: Moderately reduced wear on all tools used
10000: 5s suddenly appears in your inventory!
11000: Greatly reduced food/water drain
12000: +2 quality on all items gathered/created
13000: Greatly reduced wear on all tools used

14000: 1km Walk speed boost

Considering the highest total skill uploaded to niarja currently is 8k I figure that list seems fair. If people have more idea's the buffs could be changed to every 500 total skill instead of 1000. I realize some of these suggestions might look OP, and I don't doubt that at all, it's just an example and anyone is free to throw in their criticism's,

• Like 2

sounds like a stupid idea, People can easily fake their stats on that page. Beside if you want buffs you should try meditating and get shield of the gone and you will be very dangerous! 

Edit: and I almost forgot we have tomes too, freedom gets them when a unique dies so it's not really hard to get good buffs, mr silverbean.

Edited by princesszelda

sounds like a stupid idea, People can easily fake their stats on that page. Beside if you want buffs you should try meditating and get shield of the gone and you will be very dangerous! 

Clearly didn't understand anything at all. Thanks for the negative comments. You are really a constructive influence on the wurm community +1

• Like 2

Firstly, no one is ever going to get true 100 skill in every stat.

These rewards are pretty much worthless other than perhaps reduced item wear down.

5% bite resistance at 1000 'total skill' to help newbs. At 1k total skill points, you're not a newb anymore.

The only thing I could see for this sort of 'overall skill total' would be titles. Other benefits just further 'punish' newer players or are so insignificant they wouldn't be noticed by people with such high skills anyway. (Like the food part. It isn't hard to feed yourself once you're established within the game)

• Like 1

There's already titles for 50, 70, 90, and 100 skill. Those are the milestones. You also get stronger and tougher as your body stats increase. I would also wager if you improve your armor you'd get damage reduction. I'm starting to think everybody wants SotG and other buffs without having to do as much.

• Like 2

The bonuses aren't meant to be super meaningfull in any way, just those little "Hey I got something cool randomly" type of moments that nobody really expects but its something nice every once in a while.

1000 skill is a total noob 50 euro account btw, 1000 skill sounds like a lot, but when you've got 10-20 in everything + your main skills it adds up fast.

If you compare any of my examples with sotg you are really delusional.

6000: +1 quality on all items gathered/created

8000: Chance to critically fail gathering/creating items eliminated (Those random 1ql logs/ores/etc you get even at high skill)

12000: +2 quality on all items gathered/created

14000: 1km Walk speed boost

1) free rarity for everything .. just no

2) this would be so broken for mining and similar skillgain

3) see (1)

4) not actually possible but if it was its just op

I like the idea of rewards for total skill. But maybe just titles in stead of bonuses.

Although any bonuses for general skill gain would be game-changing (because every player  would get them eventually) some new titles to expand on the 'educated' you get for the tutorial might be nice.

1000:  Informed
2000: 
3000:   Skilled 
4000: 
5000:   Graduate
6000: 
7000:   Collegiate
8000: 
9000:  

10000:  Scholar 

11000: 
12000:  Professor
13000:  Einstien

14000: 1km Walk speed boost = 'Stephen Walking' [could be coded same as woa horseshoes]

I left the last bonus because if anyone ever gets to 99.99 skill in everything and they have not gone completely insane :blink:  they will be riding around on a Dragon shooting fireballs out their eyes and lightning bolts out their arse anyway.   :o

• Like 2

Lol, agree'd. Bachus get's it. The idea isn't really to give players anything meaningful, it's just a scale on which wurm has the ability to reward the player, but doesn't currently use it.

yes it does, it's just that all the functional rewards come from one skill (meditation); anything else can be purchased