Sign in to follow this  
beauhindman

Need a boat ride to Xanadu?

Hello!

I used to run the Massively village and was starting up a new village for my Patreons and for friends/family. 

I am currently on the east coast of Deliverance and tried to go to Xanadu on a boat... but I forgot that someone had loaned me the boat and so I could not pass.

A few questions:

1) Can I walk it somehow? I know I can swim, log out and swim to get there...

2) Can I get a boat lift from someone?

3) I heard there was more room on Xan because it's so much larger. I like to make deeds waaayyyy out in the middle of nowhere if I can.

Thanks for any advice!

Beau

@Beau_Hindman

• Like 2

Where are the PR guys when you need them?

Someone give this guy a boat maybe he will make a good article about the game, lol

Edited by Kegan

there is a boat bridge you could use if you are not carring much

But wouldn't the boat bridge only work if I owned the boat? 

That was my first issue; I have a boat but it was loaned to me like 3,987 years ago and I am no longer on the person's friend's list (if they are still around.)

Thanks all!

Beau

I was gonna give you a boat because I thought you were still on Indy, but you went to DELI   :P  Maybe someone else there has an old rowboat they will sign over to your name. 

On a boat bridge you do not need to own any boat. You swim to a moored boat, get out and rest, swim to the next boat, etc.  All of the boats are donated and moored at spaced distances so a player can cross without fear of drowning. 

I am not familiar with the specifics of any boat bridges on Deli, this is just how they work in general. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Ahhh, OK, cool thanks! I thought it meant a place where you could drag the boats across to help with crossing issues, etc?

OK I will look for one!

Beau

I thought Deli boat bridges went north to Indy and south to (whatever server is south) but not east to Xanadu. However there may be one that was added, it is a long time since I had a deed on Deli, so I might be wrong.

The problem is probably not Deli -> border, but border -> Xanadu, as their map is 16x the size of Deli, so its a lot of water to get past. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

there is one to xanadu,i know cause i seen it,and had to use it once. the problem is moving from that place where the boat bridge ends in xanadu to other parts of xanadu withouth a boat may take a long time.

it does start in deli border, somewhere south of the "the shore" deed,for some reason it seems its not on the deli map

Edited by Tpikol

Beau, if you are still looking for someone to give you a lift, PM me ingame (Yaga)

Awesome, will probably do so tonight or tomorrow. Thanks!

Beau

Welcome back

3987 years is a long time to be away. :)

My advice is get yourself a rowboat, it would make exploring on Xanadu for your ideal place that much easier.

As someone who has done a complete circumnavigation of Xanadu and tried to initially do it on foot, it was waaaaaaaay easier with a boat.

And there are many canals that will get you deep inland.................

Just some advice, good luck whatever you decide to do.

If you cross into xanadu at k8 our place is right there on the water. Happy to give you a horse and the road thru xanadu starts there and goes all the way to the east coast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeiDOrlWMWg 

If you are looking for a a place in the middle of nowhere, there is sooo much in the middle of xanadu, especiially thru the middle along the 'hellhound trail'.

We don't have any boat here that are spare, but from here you can make a rowboat and do the sailing thing as well.

If you did sail you deli boat to k8 coast on deli I could come and get you. It really would take less than 20 mins, only thing is your timezone is 17 or so behind.

Edited by Milosanx

Beau if you are anywhere near our deed of Swampland Heritage, which is on the west coast of the peninsula, east side of Serendipity Bay, somewhat south-ish, I recently finished a row boat that was just sitting there when we took over. You are more than welcome to have it and I can transfer it over to you. No anchor sadly but there is a lock ;)

If you think any of this would work out for you pm me thru the forums!

Beau if you are anywhere near our deed of Swampland Heritage, which is on the west coast of the peninsula, east side of Serendipity Bay, somewhat south-ish, I recently finished a row boat that was just sitting there when we took over. You are more than welcome to have it and I can transfer it over to you. No anchor sadly but there is a lock ;)

If you think any of this would work out for you pm me thru the forums!

If you haven't left already, I can craft an anchor for the boat.  I'm swamped with lead here--it might as well be used for good.

From looking at Beau's youtube channel he is out of stamina about 100 tiles from the coast on xanadu, seems to be up near MBS, Brandonsf's deed, I8? or something.