Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Secure Large Cart, Secure Row Boat, Secure Small Sailing Boat

I stole this from this thread here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/126128-should-theft-be-allowed/

Only instead of requiring a lock in the current recipe or automatically locking all vehicles, I recommend that these initial lockable vehicles have a "Secure" version that auto-locks with a 1 QL lock and key. This wouldn't mess with PvP at all, as a 1QL lock would be trivial to pick. On Freedom though, it would give new players a clear option for a safer alternative than what we have now. 

If adding recipes seems like a bad idea, then perhaps go with the auto-lock on the normal ones, but extend it to all vehicles. 

Why not all vehicles with Secure recipes? Simply because by the time you can construct boats beyond a sail boat or a wagon, you should be adjusted to the game enough to know how to make your own locks. The Devs shouldn't be holding people's hands, but these beginner and essential vehicles *should* be made more secure and safe to help with player retention.

Seems needlessly complicated, nothing wrong with just including the lock in the materials needed.

I approve of a lock being added as a required material to make anyvehicle. damn that would save you alot of work.

Seems needlessly complicated, nothing wrong with just including the lock in the materials needed.

Including a lock in the materials will get resistance from people who don't feel like making a lock to make a new large cart. 

Adding a new recipe avoids that resistance and isn't complicated at all.

Including a lock in the materials will get resistance from people who don't feel like making a lock to make a new large cart. 

Adding a new recipe avoids that resistance and isn't complicated at all.

Sorry, but i also don't often feel like making cordage ropes for certain recipes...

so +1 from me to simply adding a lock at creation.