Sign in to follow this  
Covenant

Logging in on the wrong floor

The fix for this issue several weeks ago doesn't seem to have resolved it, in my case at least. I still log in two floors lower than logging out in a bed in my house. Sometimes it'll result in immediate paralysis in the form of rubberbanding on the same tile constantly when trying to leave - other times a bit more freedom is allowed before it starts rubberbanding. This afternoon I was able to to walk freely around my house, saw planks and cut shafts, but exiting the door was impossible. As was, weirdly, lighting a forge. It'd perform the entire action, not use up the kindling, or result in a lit forge.

I've heard of a few other people having the issue, but not entirely sure how widespread it is. Relogging does solve it, so possibly a low priority whinge here, but the fix that was put in place doesn't appear to have worked.

~Covenant

Edit: Damn typos.

Edited by Covenant

Just a few questions:

Do you ride a vehicle into the house and disembark inside before going to bed?

Do you come from a mine directly into a building and sleep?

Are there other beds on the same floor that cause the same issue?

Managed to inadvertantly test this just now, as I took a few hours break and logged back in.

Logged in this afternoon, created a boat and several hundred arrows, no entering a mine or embarking on a vehicle/animal the entire time. Went to sleep in my usual bed. Woke up two floors lower and had the delayed rubberbanding issue.

Will try logging out in other beds on that floor to test over the following few days and update accordingly.

• Like 1

Also have this bug very often. Logging out on the 1st or 2nd floor to be logged in on the ground floor. Only tip is that I have planted grass on the ground floor.

Think you're on to something with the dismounting vehicles inside the house before going to bed thing, Alectrys - just logged in on the wrong floor once again after I'd disembarked a wagon on the ground floor before going to bed on the second floor. Tried changing beds a few times through the week, and it wasn't very conclusive by itself; I still logged in on the wrong floor sometimes even using a different bed to the usual one. Still not sure what causes it when I haven't embarked a vehicle, nothing I do to intentionally trigger it seems to work.

I just reconnected and was dropped a floor

First time happening to me.

I logged out in a bed on the first floor of my house on Xanadu; woke up 4 hours later, on the ground floor, outside the house, then walked around the house for about 7 tiles, and started to rubberband.

Before going to sleep, I wasn't riding a cart, a mount or a boat, last actions I did were to mine a wall in the mine, then entering the house, eating a meal, climbing in the bedroom and logging out.

I continue to add the instances to the bug that is open.

In the buildings where this is happening to you all, can you tell me if the ground floor is a paved tile or a 'flooring' tile?

It happens to me with a ground floor being a flooring tile - I'm wondering if a paved tile makes a difference and would like to rule that out ;)

Alectrys - flooring.

Wilczan - grass

It has happened several times for me; sometimes I ride my horse in, sometimes I just walk into my building.  The floor is grass.  I've pushed the bed away from the walls on the tile as best I could.

Floorboards for me, protected by tar.

Bed wasn't next to the wall where I woke up.

Has happened for me also. For me each time I have gotten of a cart. Then used a ladder gone to bed up stairs. One bed is over enchanted grass the other over cobblestone.

Interestingly, I've discovered that if I stand in the center of the bed before using it to log out, I no longer have this issue.  Granted I've dragged it halfway across the room as well, but since I've started standing 'in' the bed before right clicking, it has stopped and I always wake on the second floor, albeit almost a tile away from the bed. 

The bed in my house is on the 3rd floor. More often than not I'm on the ground floor when i log in. There doesn't seem to be anything that enables me to avoid it. Dismounting something recently has nothing to do with it. It happens either way.

Edited by Taltos