Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

knarr fix - love it

those ninjas...  sometimes I love them :)

New skinny knarr rocks the 1x wide caves and the sail is on the right way now.  Thank you elite ninjas!

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 2

but somehow they lost their passenger speed bonus. 1 or 8 people on the boat... same speed

You know what wasn't fixed? The fact that you have to basically stand over something now in order to reach it when on a mount.

I really could care less about aesthetic things like sails that aren't "proper", or characters sitting on a mount. I want my functionality back. This includes being able to butcher or pick up a corpse from my cart, without having to position the cart right over the corpse.

but somehow they lost their passenger speed bonus. 1 or 8 people on the boat... same speed

They ###### that up too? Great.... -_-  

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 5

yeah, the positioning changes are a pain.  I hate not being able to see past the back of my cart, because it is always "level", no matter what slope I am on.  I am suspicious it was done to all vehicles at once, making ships work better when entering caves.  I really don't care about sitting on the cart and feel if they went back to standing, it would help a little.

Did the cart position lock solve the problems for dropping dirt and cart lag?  I haven't been teraforming on my cart lately, so am not sure.  Maybe they fixed a bunch of bugs with the change and now we are stuck with distance limits and visual limits?

Well the amount of passengers affecting speed was a silly thing anyway seems it would be unbalanced in pvp and there was an exploit to get around that anyway by loading up the boat and logging them all off i guess.  It should be the same speed for one guy or five the only thing that should change it is if it is rare..etc  I can see the reasoning to think the more people the more rowing on a knarr but it just is not practical for gameplay and balance.

Well thats my opinion on the speed deal anyway the only speed variable should be wind and rare/supreme/fantastic but i do agree the reach on things now is just bad.

edit: Now the speed should be adjusted to the high side not the low as far as passengers go so the minimum speed should be the old max loaded speed but the amount of players should not be made to be a factor anymore...imo

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

[---] the only thing that should change it is if it is rare..etc

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 1

Because rare boats can be sold while passengers can't?

For PvE I don't give a rat's bum whether or not multiple passengers are exploitable in PvP, ships are annoying enough even without further gimping them. Until they have actually done something to improve the ship experience they should at least try to not make them worse...

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I agree that they should adjust the minimum speed and I never said it was a "bad thing" to do so, I just don't find any reason to justify the gimped speed before they have actually MADE such a change.

• Like 2

Yeah sail boats and knarrs are now messed up so you have to be basically on the same tile as the commander seat to even open the boat. Even if your character is right next to the boat if it isn't the same tile you can't open it. Not to mention anyone in the front two seats of a sail can't access the boats hold at all and on a knarr you can open the boats hold in the front 4 or 5 seats but you can't remove items. It would be nice to fix these issues for boat pvp.

More crew should have impact on speed. Makes sense.

What didn't make sense is that max speed was always the same if rare or supreme or standard with the full crew. The rare/supreme/fantastic etc bonuses should have applied.

More crew should have impact on speed. Makes sense.

What didn't make sense is that max speed was always the same if rare or supreme or standard with the full crew. The rare/supreme/fantastic etc bonuses should have applied.

• Like 1

How does having more crew make sense on a boat without oars? There is more weight so more drag on them i would think my speed boat does not go faster the more people that i add to it in RL. (not that i am a realism junky but just saying) 

There are oars on the sides of the knarr...

As someone who actually served on a tall ship as crew for a summer, I can assure you that when not using automation, the number of crew on a ship makes a real difference to speed and effectiveness through the water.

Historically warships were far more heavily crewed then merchantmen partly so they could fight the guns while sailing. The other reason was that they could do complicated maneuvers far faster and more effectively with more crew.

If you have ever seen sailors manning the booms on a tallship in preparation for taking in or releasing sail then you can see what I am talking about right away.

• Like 1

Okay but having the speed boost for logged out alts should be fixed since they are not there to "help". I have not checked them out myself but i am guessing after my report not long ago that this was what was done anyway. ( that was how i first learned about the speed boost for logged out alts myself)

i know real observant on my part but after all this time i had no idea, lol 

edit: And i do think not having the players as a speed factor would be better overall anyway  :)

Edited by Kegan

I rather not be punished because I don't have a ton of alts to throw in my boat.

And if we want to play the reaslism card, I doubt having oars would help all that much at 20+ kph anyway as they lose all efficiency at those speeds.

• Like 1

I rather not be punished because I don't have a ton of alts to throw in my boat.

And if we want to play the reaslism card, I doubt having oars would help all that much at 20+ kph anyway as they lose all efficiency at those speeds.

I agree but i don't feel like arguing over it with them but i still think players should not be a factor in the speed of a boat. 

Edited by Kegan

Well if we are throwing realism away in favor of wogic then let's add some sailing spells etc to boats and have the ql of the boat impact speed.

• Like 3

I agree but i don't feel like arguing over it with them but i still think players should not be a factor in the speed of a boat. 

Well if we are throwing realism away in favor of wogic then let's add some sailing spells etc to boats and have the ql of the boat impact speed.

I can go with that i would rather have woa or ql matter over a crew making them faster after all most of the time it is a single player making boat trips not a group..well in pve anyway. 

I guess it is easier for them to just turn off the crew over coding in something new or making changes but yes the boats do need some love for sure for many reasons. The most important one is the reach on them.

Edited by Kegan

If rarity would increase the max speed it would completely break boat pvp. (this is comming from a person in a kingdom with multiple rare and supreme ships)