Sign in to follow this  
Chakron

Announcing Niarja Skill Compare

Question. If a char is 12th Overall in a skill.. does it mean the overall takes private accounts into consideration also? Or is this Epic/freedom together. (shows 0 chars on Epic and only like 5-6 on freedom). Also if it uses the private accounts, does it change if a private account data gets deleted?

There's currently a bug where if your skill dump is public and you go to rank your skills against all other players, you're ranked against private skills too. That's not a big deal privacy-wise (you don't see who they belong to) but it is kind of annoying - I'll have that fixed shortly. People who choose to keep their individual skills private shouldn't be included in the ranking process :)

Edit: This bug has been fixed.

Edited by Chakron

Looks good, very good, something thats needed for wurm community =)

• Like 1

There's currently a bug where if your skill dump is public and you go to rank your skills against all other players, you're ranked against private skills too. That's not a big deal privacy-wise (you don't see who they belong to) but it is kind of annoying - I'll have that fixed shortly. People who choose to keep their individual skills private shouldn't be included in the ranking process :)

Thanks for info, did some testing and came to the same conclusion. Is there a chance to see the rank while in private (aka your stats - private char vs public ones) just like the public ones are? This is awesome for checking and fun to test around :D

Thanks for info, did some testing and came to the same conclusion. Is there a chance to see the rank while in private (aka your stats - private char vs public ones) just like the public ones are? This is awesome for checking and fun to test around :D

I'm going to have to think about that a bit more. I kind of like how it is now - you can use the system privately, but you have to take this small penalty. You shouldn't get to see other peoples' info if you're not providing your own. There are small ways around it but it generally works.

Also if a private toon gets

This character has been viewed 22 time(s)

I think something is leaking?

Edited by Wulfgarr

Also if a private toon gets

This character has been viewed 22 time(s)

I think something is leaking?

That wouldn't be good. I've checked and the privacy options are working fine, haven't run into any bugs yet. Views is page views, not unique views. If you think it's a problem PM me an example.

That wouldn't be good. I've checked and the privacy options are working fine, haven't run into any bugs yet. Views is page views, not unique views. If you think it's a problem PM me an example.

I did upload another skilldump just to see how it has changed and pushed on the skills so it shows the change, maybe that counts as a refresh of page and new view?

I did upload another skilldump just to see how it has changed and pushed on the skills so it shows the change, maybe that counts as a refresh of page and new view?

Clicking on a skill to generate a graph might even create a page view. It could just be weird double counting stuff that I didn't think about.

• Like 1

Yep that seems to be it. It does not show up initally, but if you come back to the amount of "skills opened" adds to views.

Clicking on a skill to generate a graph might even create a page view. It could just be weird double counting stuff that I didn't think about.

Yup :) Tested it twice..it works like that. :D I love this thing so will use this, so thatswhy asking so much, GJ!

Yup :) Tested it twice..it works like that. :D I love this thing so will use this, so thatswhy asking so much, GJ!

Hah, maybe it shouldn't do that. I'll look into it when I fix up the "non critical" bugs.

Hah, maybe it shouldn't do that. I'll look into it when I fix up the "non critical" bugs.

ofc.. just was confused for a sec :D

dropped my skill dump, looking good =)

You are a madman.. 86,5 NS? what,how,who,where,HOW?

This guy has some weird stats

https://niarja.com/skill_compare/Nicrolis

user error?

Intentional. I'm talking to him right now, he purposefully blanked out some of his own stats. Looks like he removed everything before the decimal point and kept the rest.

Intentional. I'm talking to him right now, he purposefully blanked out some of his own stats. Looks like he removed everything before the decimal point and kept the rest.

its Ok to do that,right?

You can edit skills out of your own dump if you want to hide them, that's fine. You can do anything really - I can't stop people from posting slightly-fake dumps. That's just how the world works. Wurm Community, be nice to each other!

Edit: (I'll of course delete obviously fake data)

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 1

Maybe give some checkboxes for each skill to hide/show it?

• Like 4

That will probably be the long-term solution. A few people have called for it.

• Like 2

xD we were just asking about that in irc actually

"<Chakron> skill-level privacy..maybe

<Chakron> it's not high priority but it's something I could do"

Edited by Nicrolis

The old WOS site was getting long in the tooth. I'm not even sure the person running it was still playing.

• Like 1

Looking good so far. I'm looking forward to see more features! It's amazing how much you can do with the twitter API and some code! :P Good job dude