Sign in to follow this  
Sarcaticous

More Accelerated Decay

A handful of days ago I was able to store food in a water barrel on my large cart and use it for a few days as it slowly decayed in a reliable manner. I knew it would go from no decay to perhaps 39, then say, 59 then maybe another twenty to 79 then poof. Last night I logged off and had several meals at zero decay. This morning they are gone, decayed away in nine hours, from zero decay to totally gone. Is this the future decay rate of WURM? I've seen nothing in any news about accelerated decay rates yet that is what appears to have been done. 

Can someone in the know PLEASE inform the community as to whether or not we now have to suffer faster decay, therefore producing more work for us? I thank you. 

• Like 2

I don't think its new just really bad luck on the RNG.

Two weeks ago (+/- 2days) I did some HFC on my priest with stews. I go back last night to do more, normally they are rotted by then and have a few at 70+ DMG, I had about a dozen with 0 DMG still with a couple 93 and a few at 78.

So feels like the rolls are 1 2 or 3 for 0dmg 30dmg or 90dmg lol

I am seeing (what looks like) faster meal decay as well.  I do the cooking for my village, and I typically leave a few meals in the forge for whoever needs them.  In the past, while there was a degree of RNG, they'd generally last at least a few days before starting to pick up damage, but now they seem to decay about as fast as they would in inventory.

It is random.. some meals can last for days without getting damaged, some do get damage even during first day after cooking. Been always like that.

Again, my experience has not been like that in the past.  I've been leaving meals in a forge for some time, and it feels like they decay faster now than they used to.  It is possible that I've been lucky every time before, and the smell of my socks has kept the RNG away; it doesn't feel like that, though.  This may have been something that got silently fixed (in which case, Dev Team, please tell us about it), or it could be something completely unrelated that changed, which has had an unexpected effect on meal decay. 

Decay rates haven't changed anytime recently.

weird...i could swear that "recently" everything around me decays suddenly damn fast O.o and knowing how some code that was changed over the years was having unexpected results....are you sure budda, that nothing was being done recently that could have affected decay rates of everything aswell? 

is there any way for devs to test it? (since we players don't see the numbers in the background)

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 1

Once again. This morning five meals had zero decay. Five hours later they are decayed completely. Gone. And this is correct and proper? I have played this game a very long time and this has never happened until now.

Edited by Sarcaticous

Something is going on it seems.

I threw a couple meals on the ground in a building and they were still at 0 decay 2 (real life) days later.

First I've ever experienced that...

Edited by Tuanta

Decay has been buggy for as long as i can remember. It randomly accelerates on certain items. i could have an item not take any decay on one tile for months, then i move it and it takes 40 damage over night. to me it seems that certain tiles make items decay at different rates. Or the system sees that the item should be at a certain decay and makes it catch up at record speeds. Also if you haven't noticed bsbs wont show a visual decay like they use to. Good way to have bulk material disappear without the owner knowing before its too late. The decay rate is a top bug i wish was fixed.

Edit: very possible the recent bug fix broke something else :P .

Edited by JudusX

And yet this wagon at 98+ dmg that I've been watching is still there 2+ WEEKS later.  (31 QL)

Edit : I'd also thrown a batch of meals 60-69 QL in a barrel off deed, and checked back the next day and they'd almost all been whammied by decay ticks of over half dmg. Guess I won't be putting meals out...

Edited by Corsan