Sign in to follow this  
ZeldaGold

Tracks/Rails

been posted before, im sure.

my idea would be a raft basically with iron wheel. to make this one must attach iron ribbons to a regular wheel. and attach to a cart/raft.

the tracks could be placed anywhere and made by 2 iron tracks and 3-4 logs, for mines it would be slower than outdoors unless floor is reinforced.

the cart would would work like a upgraded sail boat, 3 large crates or 5 small crates. being able to push 1 tile and a heave to push so many tiles based on body strength.

with someone who delivers could have multi carts lined up ready to be heaved into the warehouse. while your mining, loading ur cart and heaving it to the forge to get smelted to then be carried out and sorted.

ideas? thought? would it fit in wurm today?

• Like 1

-1  It is a nice idea, but I'm not sure it would really fit in the game world.

Personally I like the idea, was thinking while I was mining the other day that minecarts and tracks are something Wurm seems like it's missing (at least to me).

Would love to be able to mine ore, or even rockshards then push the cart the way back to my little workshop :)

The weight you can push would be limited by your strength I would think, so not really different than just having a large cart, which you can take anywhere. They would look cool in mines, but not sure how practical.

• Like 1

The weight you can push would be limited by your strength I would think, so not really different than just having a large cart, which you can take anywhere. They would look cool in mines, but not sure how practical.

Pretty much this.

Not really worth the dev time developing something that doesn't have much functionality. Considering how much a wagon can pull, there isn't much need for anything bigger.

It sure would look cool inside a mine though.

Rail carts are perfectly fine imho long as they require manual labor or hitched animals, at least for going uphill.

EDIT: Perhaps even chains hooked up to a windlass or winch... but no steam engines and the like.

Edited by Klaa

Dunno. 600BC they used something like that only it was ruts not rails. Moved boats across Isthmus of Corinth for about 700 years. But why bother building rails if your cart and team do the same thing.