Sign in to follow this  
Chromega

Hitched Cart/Wagon able to be purposefully teleported up floor openings

HbZ8AD7.jpg

So I have been working on another house on my deed and carted over the bricks and carried them in my inventory around the second floor. I finish dropped them and go to embark as commander while standing  on the second floor. Instead of dropping down onto my cart as I expected (or giving an error) I instead sat and the cart and horses came to me on the second floor.

This has proved to be repeatable both up and down floors but only one floor at a time as one needs to be close to the vehicle to embark.

Edited by Chromega
  • Like 1

For now it's the only way to easily get a wagon full of materials upstairs to build things without it being a massive pain unless you build a bridge to a second floor, I'd hope this isn't removed without any alternative in place first

• Like 1

For now it's the only way to easily get a wagon full of materials upstairs to build things without it being a massive pain unless you build a bridge to a second floor, I'd hope this isn't removed without any alternative in place first

If its like everything else in this game itll be in for 5-6 months then one day rolf will change it without consulting or telling anyone....

Well to be fair MrGary it is possible to haul a cart or a wagon full with stuff up the ladders, so it's not like glitching them up is the only way to do it.

Well to be fair MrGary it is possible to haul a cart or a wagon full with stuff up the ladders, so it's not like glitching them up is the only way to do it.

Then how do we move a wagon without horses?  Push it across a floor?  Same with cart that is too heavy to be dragged.

The issue is there's no real alternative within the house to bring hitched carts/wagons up

Don't fill it up with more then you can drag then, and dragging can always be enabled for the wagons if need be.
Eventually this glitch will be fixed, hopefully we have figured out a more suitable solution then pushing stuff by then, the reason it hasn't been fixed yet is because it was the only good way to get things up.

Eventually this glitch will be fixed, hopefully we have figured out a more suitable solution then pushing stuff by then, the reason it hasn't been fixed yet is because it was the only good way to get things up.

Considering that this is pretty much what Gary said, I am glad we can agree that, intended or not, this is extremely helpful.  Until recently, with the addition of staircases and bridges, multistory buildings have been mostly aesthetic for me and my friends.   Now it's possible to fully utilize all of these upper floors without it being a complete PITA.  I look forward to seeing how this will be improved, and how much more use I will get out of my attic space. :D

Btw, an idea that crossed my mind one day was to expand the "haul" function to include tile to tile.  This would improve the current push/pull system as well.