Sign in to follow this  
MissWilc

Wall plan appeared on house/bridge

When I logged on today, a wall plan had appeared on the side of my house, right where a ramp goes. There was a wall section here before I built the ramp, but it was completely destroyed.

I am not able to remove it. If I right click the plan I get the refreshing indicator, no option to destroy or build.

Jf0aGmD.jpg

Edited by MissWilc
  • Like 1

Thanks for the report.  I'm going to add this to the other phantom wall plans we're seeing lately.

A friend on Xanadu is having similar issue where she has 2 tiles that keep coming back with a plan, one of the plans was under a bridge and it has removed a section of the bridge. She so far has been able to remove the plans

I have a couple too. You can remove the plans by right-clicking the tile, but your's might be tricky as it's under the bridge!

Even if you remove them, it seems they reappear on server restarts.

I have a couple too. You can remove the plans by right-clicking the tile, but your's might be tricky as it's under the bridge!

Even if you remove them, it seems they reappear on server restarts.

Pragmatist, can you give us a history of your building where this is happening?  We're trying to reproduce the cause and could use some help.  Was your building built out to those tiles then that part removed?  If so, after removing those from the house, was the land terraformed in any way?  Do you recall the exact date the phantom plans appeared?   Was it immediately following removal or some time later?  Were any of those walls the newest type walls (portcullis, oriel, etc)?  Did you use the new rotate command on any of the walls?

Any info you can give will help, thanks!

I also experienced this bug.  What happened was I planned a 4x10 building, with an extra tile sticking off on one side.  I built all the walls except for the ones on this extra tile, and placed and started an interior wall to cut it off.  I then removed the extra tile and finished the wall.  Later, I terraformed where the extra tile had been, and turned it to sand.

pImH8h6.png

After the server reset, that extra tile reappeared with phantom wall plans.  This did not prevent me from working on upper floors, and I found that you can turn the phantom walls into normal plans by right-clicking their tile borders and selecting "plan > wall". They have the 'remove plan here' option now, but it does not destroy them, or revert them back to the phantom state.  I also cannot remove the tile from the plan because the tile is sand, and does not have that option.

Same bug.  on an 100 slope tile next to an existing house.  A whole planned house frame formed.  A destroyed it a few times, but it keeps coming back when I log in.  A couple weeks ago, I destroyed an existing structure, 1x1, 3 stories tall.  I then leveled that tile about 100 dirt above where the existing house structure was.  The next day, and every day thereafter, a 'planned' house tile appears where the existing structure used to be, no matter if I remove the plan or not.  Its a fun bug.  one corner is level, and the rest of the corners of the 'plan' are like 100 slope up.

check it out @ Bear Bay - Xanadu.

ive tried several times to remove the house plan, but it keeps coming back.

In all these cases reported, have structures been changed, removed, modified and then has terraforming been done to the surrounding area?

Cairmor's post indicates terraforming after the destruction.  I'm wondering if the others posting here also terraformed?

- more info:

The tile that is bugged used to be part of a huge house.  I was planning for the Bridge Update.  I destroyed one tile from the existing house, then leveled it up with dirt, to be level with an upper teir on my deed.  That tile had a 3 story house/tower.  That is the tile that is bugged.  After the Bridge Patch/Update, this problem started occurring. Not before.  

** There was no bridge near this tile when I did the destroy option and tore down the 3 storey house/tower.  Bridges were not implemented yet.  I was terraforming to plan for a future bridge.

Edited by cairmor

I have 4 bugged wallplans that appeared in my house "Gazebo of Love" at Mermaid Lagoon on Deli.
The land was sea and I made the island and built the house, where the bugged plans are I have never had wall plans before.
I did yesterday or day before rebuild parts of the house to make a donut for a love tile, no terraforming done after house was compleated.
The wall plans are in the donut (not in the actual house).

Thank you for the report.  Your location and details have been added to the bug report.

I have 4 bugged wallplans that appeared in my house "Gazebo of Love" at Mermaid Lagoon on Deli.
The land was sea and I made the island and built the house, where the bugged plans are I have never had wall plans before.
I did yesterday or day before rebuild parts of the house to make a donut for a love tile, no terraforming done after house was compleated.
The wall plans are in the donut (not in the actual house).

I have also found a wall plan thats stuck in one of my bridges in Buccaneer Harbour, Deli

4h5cv4.png

Thank you for the report, Pingvinen.  Your location has been added to the list.

I also experienced this bug.  What happened was I planned a 4x10 building, with an extra tile sticking off on one side.  I built all the walls except for the ones on this extra tile, and placed and started an interior wall to cut it off.  I then removed the extra tile and finished the wall.  Later, I terraformed where the extra tile had been, and turned it to sand.

pImH8h6.png

After the server reset, that extra tile reappeared with phantom wall plans.  This did not prevent me from working on upper floors, and I found that you can turn the phantom walls into normal plans by right-clicking their tile borders and selecting "plan > wall". They have the 'remove plan here' option now, but it does not destroy them, or revert them back to the phantom state.  I also cannot remove the tile from the plan because the tile is sand, and does not have that option.

Another reset and the wall plans are back once again.  Deed is Ravenwald on Xanadu.

Thank you for the details, Moddington.  Your building is already listed but the details help.

Now that I gave this a  thought, I have an older bugged wallplan in the house to the north not far from Gazebo,
probably same rows at least, and Pingvinens bugged house is also around same rows of the grid.
That older bugged wallplan was in a support ticket of mine from last year.

Today the bugged wallplans are gone from my house, dunno if that is due to bug fixing or has to do with winter?

My bugged wallplans are back as of todays restart.

I can not remember exactly what I did when building mine but this is a pretty good idea of what happened.

I had one friend plan the house for me, as big as he could. He gave me the writ, I then started building even though it was not the size I needed. I had another friend come "add to" for the final tiles. The bugged tile I think is the last tile added of the "final tiles". I don't remember if I removed the unneeded/bugged tile before or after starting/finishing to build the final tiles. The house the bugged tile appears on does connect to a bridge and is also a very large house, 91 skill to plan..

90% sure there was no terraforming done after planning/building the house.

All I have to offer, sorry it's not more.

Same thing happened here. These are my observations:
The tiles (with wall plans) were added just after the latest patch. Its the ones closest to my character that were added to the house - so there were 3 tiles with trees on them that somehow got planned.

I did have these tiles planned at some point, way before I started building anything and before I had a writ - while it was only in the planning stage.

Since the patch and these walls appearing, I was able to continue building upwards without removing these walls so they somehow did not count as external walls.

I was able to remove them only by first removing the trees, since tree tiles dont give any options with the mallet.

They did not reappear with the next restart (neither mine nor servers).5Nu2B30.jpg

Scrap the "non returning part" for me - my wall plans are back again

Journeya, I suspected as much, thanks for the verification.

If anyone else sees the odd wall plans you can do this simple test - If you examine the plan and get 'refreshing', it's the phantom wall plans we're talking about here.  If when examining you get an examine message, it may be an outer wall that needs to be told it's not.  For the non refreshing plans, you can put in a ticket for a GM although I believe that that particular bug has been fixed.  The 'refreshing' wall plan is what we are tracking now.  

Unfortunately, GMs cannot fix this issue either, server restart always wins this war.  The devs ARE aware and ARE actively trying to address it.  Thank you for your patience.

after todays patch, i have 4 walls missing on the building where i removed 2 tiles last week. at first everytime i crossed serves the wall plans showed back up. i removed 3 walls and left one. this tile was kinda like an arched entry. today after the patch the remaining wall in the back went poof and every wall above that up to 3rd floor is missing.