Sign in to follow this  
Sarcaticous

More Bridge Problems

I don't know if all of this would fall under collision detection. I think it does. 

I've had mobs moving between bridge ends and building walls. I've had mobs attacking through doors. Here are some screen shots.

Ahzz is an alt of Clatius. R.I.P. Ahzz. The Hell Hound is in the roadway. 

wurm.20150523.1811_zpsyfu1kftc.jpg

Now I go to the entry below the floor the Hell Hound is on. You can barely see his fire coming out below where it's standing upstairs. 

wurm.20150523.1809_zpsjbkvglpz.jpg

And now you can see the Hell Hound attacking through the door as I stand down the ladder from it. It should not be able to pass through the door to attack down the ladder shaft. 

wurm.20150523.1809_1_zpsrsgo8ev1.jpg

Now for the real fun. Mobs passing through the bridge wall. Not something you want to see a Troll doing if you are a Noob.

Part way through.

wurm.20150523.1858_zpsde3r4kcw.jpg

Here's Johnny. Panic time.  :lol:

wurm.20150523.1858_1_zpsy4mmxrzf.jpg

Methinks these are definite bugs, hmmm?

Edited by Sarcaticous
  • Like 2

lol troll under the bridge comes up  love it

ya don't go afk  on a bridge unless on deed and guards around

Edited by validate
  • Like 2

and you can't wiggle your way through that same spot as the troll?  Just wondering how secure bridges are from players.

Trolls under the bridge seems legit.

I had almost the opposite problem where a critter didn't seem to recognize my presence at all until I got onto the bridge with it

SLvwh74.jpg

That troll completely ignored me being one tile away from him because he was on the bridge and I was not. The guard in the background was responding to my call but stopped halfway across the bridge, the second call for help brought a completely different guard who did manage to come all the way across the bridge just in time for me to kill the troll myself.

Oh and his corpse had a Steal option, this was not on a deed, and I was able to just take the butchered items off him anyway.

Edited by vardoj

and you can't wiggle your way through that same spot as the troll?  Just wondering how secure bridges are from players.

I tried every which way to go through that spot and no joy. A croc was also able to pass through the same place as the Troll. I constructed the building at that spot to keep mobs off of the bridge. A futile effort indeed. Bridges do need more debugging. Or is it the collision system that needs the debugging? Probably one and the same. The mobs were able to pass both on and off the bridge at that spot.

Edited by Sarcaticous
  • Like 1

Just had a lion sitting at the join of my bridge to the ground and it is not able to follow me onto the bridge even after I bashed it. Also after kill the lion, when I go to pick it up it says steal so has wrong ownership. no one else around

Can anyone (dev) say if the mobs getting stuck in buildings in the middle of bridges is getting fixed. Or mobs walking through bridge walls. Anyone?

I don't know if all of this would fall under collision detection. I think it does. 

I've had mobs moving between bridge ends and building walls. I've had mobs attacking through doors. Here are some screen shots.

Ahzz is an alt of Clatius. R.I.P. Ahzz. The Hell Hound is in the roadway. 

Can you tell me if this is still happening?  Looking for confirmation that it has been addressed.

Can you tell me if this is still happening?  Looking for confirmation that it has been addressed.

Yes, it is still happening. Yesterday a croc passed between a building and the bridge end.

Perhaps this has something to do with it: 

When a player is driving a large cart and they are crossing the tile edge from a bridge tile to a building tile and that bridge end and building wall are both above ground level the animals hitched to the cart dive below the bridge tile. Could it be that mobs are not really crossing the bride wall, rather they are passing between the building and bridge at the tile edge where the animals pulling the cart are diving below the tiles? That's what appeared to be happening when the most recent croc passed between building and bridge end. It appeared to be coming up from between the bridge tile and building tile where they meet.

Also, you will notice the building wall where the bridge and building meet is an arched opening. Maybe that also has something to do with it. I could, if I had the energy, destroy the building and try making one with a solid door or portcullis.

Edited by Sarcaticous

tower guards get stuck to bridge, bridge direction east to west and when call guards those got attack stance but dont/cant move

image from situation inside spoiler

wurm.20151107.0942_1_zpsqz9aourg.jpg