Sign in to follow this  
Tinderlog

The Tinder Log

Welcome to The Tinder Log!

Here, I will be posting about my adventures in Wurm. I'm a long term player, however after taking a break, I'm back and excited to get back into it, with a new goal in mind.

Many times in the past, I've told newbies and others that Wurm Online can be played for free. I'm going to put that to the test. I shall be starting out on a new account, Tinderlog, and wont be spending any euros on Wurm, at least until after buying my first month of premium. Then I'll support the game as I have always done. One could argue that simply playing and participating in the economy helps support the game due to the real life economy, but that's a different topic for a different day.

I wont be taking donations from old friends or making use of contacts I already have in the game. I want to get out there and meet new people while also not giving myself an 'unfair advantage' over a complete newbie.

I also wont just be spamming bricks/mortar etc. Yes, that may be the fastest way...but it's also boring and frustrating on a new character. Instead, I shall be exploring different options with the primary focus being on having fun and meeting people. That's what Wurm is all about, right? :)

See you in Wurm!

Day 1

Tinderlog is born!

j8o847.png

First task shall be collecting some cotton to make a fishing rod. Easiest way to collect meat, without having to rely on tower guards. Will also get some healing cover materials, just in case I run into some trouble. Let's hope for some lucky coins! :)

After a few minutes of foraging for cotton, I get lucky and find a rare coin! Time to make a fishing rod and continue on my way.

2ic7jn4.png

After failing to create a spindle 13 times in a row (38% creation chance), I finally managed to get my fishing rod finished and caught some dinner.

Edited by Tinderlog
  • Like 7

Day 2

The second day has come and gone. Without much time to play, I didn't make much progress other than finding a place to live. After some exploration of the area and meeting the local inhabitants, I've decided it is too dangerous to live there as a newbie without any gear.

Time to try a different tactic.

I said in my previous post that I was going to try and meet some new people. What better way than by joining a village? That shall be my next goal.

Edited by Tinderlog
  • Like 2

Day 3

The search for a place to stay didn't take long at all. After posting in Freedom chat that I was looking for somewhere, I had multiple offers within 2 minutes. After taking a look at the offers, I decided to become a villager at Fraeya's deed, Black Forest Nemeton on Xanadu. She gave me a great tour of the deed and it is certainly a lot safer than going it alone out in the wild!

• Like 1