Sign in to follow this  
legendstaff21

odd texture glitches and such.

Im posting this on behalf of a friend who hasn't made an account for the wurm forums yet.

The attached picture pretty much explains it but i will elaborate. It clearly depicts a wurm barkeeper with his textures stretched out. Its not just the arms usually its a lot more. i can upload more images if requested to. When mousing over him the blue outline doesnt show the regular outline nor what is scene there but rather something in-between. This happens to all entities in the game or rather creatures. Including horses, players, barkeepers, spirit Templars, and all other manner of animals. At first i assumed a java issue because he was running 32 bit on a 64 bit system. We did change java so that wasnt that.

VBUPA0O.jpg

• Like 1

They have an INTEL graphics. Go to LAUNCHER compatability tab and disable GLSL.

If they have a laptop with INTEL for battery saving and some other card (NVIDIA/RADEON) for gaming, let us know as the workaround is different.  Their graphics card is not recognizing JAVA programs as games but instead as home/office applications and is not using the gaming card.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Ok so i did the first thing and it fixed that specific glitch and then i came up with this ground texture glitch that occurred directly after disabling the gsgl or whatever the heck it was

anJyWme.jpg

Usually, for Intel users, because their graphics chip is not really designed for gaming,  it is a tradeoff -- either deformed characters or strange terrain tiling. Most end up living with the terrain tiling.

However I have seena  few threads where people said updating their Intel graphics driver made a difference. The trick is, you cannot use "autmatic installers/updaters". Windows will usually claim you have the "best" drivers (even when they are 8 years old) and many laptop makers BLOCK users from auto uppdating their drivers at the Intel downlaod center. Some use a MANUAL driver installation to get around this. It might now help. Check in Control Panel > System > Device Manager > Display Adapter > Properties > Driver Details. If the driver is NOT from 2015, thenI would certainly explore whether a manual installation to get a 2015 driver would help some.

Intel Download Center

How to do a MANUAL INSTALL

Telurius has recently had some posts on this, so let me dig back through his posts and see if I can find that again ... or maybe he will magically appear and remind us what he said before (something about Z POSITIONS)

edit -- oops no I was thinking of this thread which is a somewhat different issue. Still, you could try seeing if toggling the "color picking" makes any difference...

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Moved this over to the Technical section for you.

Cheers!