Sign in to follow this  
roarkindrake

Xanadu Impalong

Its been a few months and I have been debating hosting a impalong before I fully commit to this I wanted to see if there was any public interest in it so i know if its worth the effort of gathering people to do it. So please give me your opinions and lemme know what everyone thinks :).

Date: July 24th to 27th

auction_timer_E1437753640.gif

bSFxIxX.jpg

Completions: So far a horse race and a fishing competition are in the works.

Mats required: 5k iron 50-70ql for imping, 1k 70ql Logs, Leather, Steel 70ql.

Mats made/received 10%

• Carpentry
    • Chiqa
    • Alkhadias
    • Baloo
    • bdew
    • OBW
    • monsterix
    Szai
    Zetuka
    Krisstofer
    Stagnatrious
    Fine Carpentry
    • Chiqa
    • Baloo
    • Hailene
    Zetuka
    Stagnatrious
    Blacksmithing
    • Zachariah
    • Alkhadias
    • Jaz
    • Hailene
    • bdew
    Damine
    Weaponsmithing
    • Chiqa
    • Hailene
    • Jaz
    Zetuka
    Cloth Tailor
    • chrysanthy
    • Shrimpiie
    Zachariah
    Leatherworking
    • chrysanthy
    • Alkhadias
    • bdew
    • Shrimpiie
    Zetuka
    Platesmithing
    • Zachariah
    • Alkhadias
    • Jaz
    • Hailene
    Jewelry
    • Baloo
    • Hailene
    Shield
    • Alkhadias
    • froggy25
    • Jaz
    • Hailene
    • bdew
    • Jaz
    Tools
    • quasiwud
    Chainsmithing
    • Jaz
    • monsterix
    Hailene
    Hot Food
    • Tarlcabot

Posted from Co Hoster Zachs Post later in the thread. Figured It would be easier to see here :).

Hi there Just an update for the impalong. There have been rumors of some competitions going on. They are true!

Below is the information:

Fishing Competition:

​Just like the title says this is a fishing competition. We have a huge cove on the western border of our deed so you have the option to sail out there or you can hang out on the coast. The competition will last for 1 hour. In that one hour you will fish as much as you possibly can. at the end of the 1 hour the person with the biggest fish will win the first place prize, the player with the most fish will win the second place prize, and the player who caught the most rare, supreme or fantastic fish will win the third place prize. All competitors are responsible for bringing their own boat and fishing rod. We do not have any to lend out. This competition will take place on the first day of the impalong.

Prizes:

First Place Prize: Lurker in the Deep Pendulum

Second Place Prize: 90ql Willow Wood fishing rod

Third Place Prize: 50 fine fishing lines

Visit the following link to the google docs sign up sheet:

​https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Horse Race:

Just as the title says this is a horse race. The horse race will start at The Dragon Spine Bridge and it will go north to Summerholt, then west to Valkyrie Landing, then lastly going east back to The Misty Dragon of Crydee. There are defined roads however they will not be marked with signs showing you the way to the horse race. The preexisting signs may be of help to you. It is your responsibility to bring your own horse and your own gear for defending your self from mobs. This race will take place on the second day of the impalong. 

Disclaimer: The path that you will be taking is filled with mobs of all kinds. Specifically trolls on the Dragon's Tail Highway to our north. The misty Dragon Crydee and or the impalong staff is not responsible for lost gear or horses due to death. Play to your own risk. 

Prizes: 

First Place Prize: 70ql horse shoes and saddle 

Second Place Prize: 50ql horse shoes and saddle 

Third Place Prize: A 5 speed horse breed right here on The Misty Dragon of Crydee's stables

Please visit the follow link to the google docs sign up sheet: 

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Fighting Competition: 

This is a fighting competition involving separate fighting skill classes doing a multitude of 1 on 1 spars until the last 2 people are left. In order to win the first place prize you must beat your fighting skill class in the least amount of time. The Second place prize goes to the person to beat their fighting skill class next and so on and so forth till all three prizes have been claimed. Spars will be used instead of duels and all three fighting skill classes will hold their fights at the same time. You are responsible for bringing your own fighting gear and mounts are not allowed. 

Prizes: 

First Place Prize: 52ql plate set with Great Helm 

Second Place Prize: 47ql supreme practice doll

Third Place Prize TBA (To be announced later) 

Please visit the following link to the google docs sign up sheet: 

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Edited by roarkindrake
  • Like 13

I like the election idea. Get 5 deeds together..vote.

That builds hype and gets folks involved.

Depending on location, if it is hard to get too not as many will come. Coastal deed with overland route and more people than you think will show up.  I have been on the organizing end of a couple. . Lots of work and prep , mostly tons of mats are needed. Gl and I look forward to seeing if you do it.

"If you build it, they will come"

Edited by Chiqa

Location is going to be at my deed i25 The Misty Dragon Of Crydee if enough seem interested. There isn't much of a way across by land yet but there was some people working on a way to connect it more directly to Valkyrie if i understood right. Also I can give rides to anyone that wants to come but has not got a boat from summerholt or Valkyrie with my knarr for multiple people or rowboats for just 1-2s. If enough want to do it i was hoping mid next month would be doable gives everyone time to plan ahead and for me to work on finding how much of what we need.

Ok, I feel kind of silly asking, but I'm a relative newbie... what the heck is an impalong?

Ok, I feel kind of silly asking, but I'm a relative newbie... what the heck is an impalong?

High level players get together and imp tools to a certain degree depending on mats and their personally preference for newbies for free. Its basically a giant crafting party to help out newbies. For the older players usually contests are held to draw a ton of people into one area to have fun its basicly a event made by players.

The normal is 70 ql, with rares being at impers discretion. You bring your tools and gear to be imped. We do not generally create for you.

Ah! That does sound like fun. I'm on the complete opposite end of Xanadu, up in Glasshollow, but if I can figure out a way to get there (and back again) I'd definitely be interested. 

*ETA: Just to clarify, I'd be attending as a newbie. My highest skill right now is somewhere around 9.6 carpentry. :)

Edited by Fobok

Location is going to be at my deed i25 The Misty Dragon Of Crydee if enough seem interested. There isn't much of a way across by land yet but there was some people working on a way to connect it more directly to Valkyrie if i understood right. Also I can give rides to anyone that wants to come but has not got a boat from summerholt or Valkyrie with my knarr for multiple people or rowboats for just 1-2s. If enough want to do it i was hoping mid next month would be doable gives everyone time to plan ahead and for me to work on finding how much of what we need.

I would definitely be willing to come and imp some tools. I know that there is a major highway that connects Summerholt to Valkeri Landing. I am currently at J24 and I would be willing ferry people to the deed if the want. I have a knarr. I would also be willing to help coordinate it. PM me in game if you want. 

chrysanthy is interested too and is willing to help...can do 90ql leatherworking and cloth tailoring...but isnt it too early?

Misty Dragon is a nice sized deed with a nice availabilty of resources. Also nice to see this in the northern part of Xanadu. Im in to help with setting up the deed amenities.

If you go ahead count me in for high end ws,carpentry, fine carpentry and mining skills.  I can also offer a bit of slave labor for setup .

Edited by Chiqa

I would also be willing to come to get some tools imped and also do some imping. At the moment I cannot do high imping. I can only pretty much just do 50ql black smithing. But I am currently working on plate smithing and can do 30ql at the moment. By the time the impalong comes around though I hope to have that higher. But like I said I just live south down the coast a ways from The Misty Dragon and I would be willing to ferry people there if they wanted to ride to my deed which is right along the highway that goes south from summerholt and I can make multiple trips back and forth and ferry people there. You can either store your horses on my deed or we can bring them with. What ever you want. 

I am not sure atm but I do believe that there is a road that goes all the way around that cove that can take you to the opposite side of The Misty Dragon and you can take the bridge that Roarkindrake is working on. 

Either way I would love to come and coordinate it. I would also be willing to give some slave labor for setting up. Like getting mats and things. I am always looking for ways to raise my skills. i never have enough time to grind with the new deed any everything. 

If you have any questions or want to assign me something as far as mats go let me know. :3

I'll be able to ferry people across from the mountain peninsula in southwest i25 to the impalong location. Follow the valkyrie highway until near the coast until you see a sign pointing to New Mortopolis, follow the road north and east and up the mountain. Contact me in advance (in-game name is Mortommes, with a double m) so you'll know if I'll be on on time for you.

Edited by Mortomes

I'm not sure if we need more impalongs.

However if it's goin to happen and I'll have some free time, I can help as well with imping some stuff, considering you're goin up to 70QL,right?

To 70QL: Carpentry, blacksmithing, leatherworking, plate smithing

To 60-70QL: Shield smithing, chain smithing

To 50QL: Weapon smithing, jewelry smithing. 

If you guys are still doing it I would be interested in joining to get my tools imped.  :P

I would love to see an impalong :)

I loved the first couple I attended as a newbie and now can actually be of some use :)

I have a few things that can use improvement.

As far as materials, I can provide nearly.any ore up to about 60 ql, at least some logs to mid 30's or so... and I can throw together slme starter items in case a few spares are needed.

Also, if casters will come, I can provide a couple of Vyn batteries... maybe even a newbie third by then :)

Carpentry is mid 50's and smithing mid 30's so I can't take anything up to 70 but can help take the load off to get stuff up a good share of the way :)

Please.let me.know what you need and I am sure the rest of Tarsis will do what we can to help :)

Edited by Kyleshandra
  • Like 1

how many forges are you dedicating to ws?

• Like 1

Would be happy to offer my carpentry (82.91 atm) and fine carpentry (70.93) skills.

Also Jewelry smithing (61.63) if required.

I'm in with master titles in black, shield, chain and plate smithing.

I might be able to go.  I'm headed to Japan in July, but I'll be back July 22nd or so.  Assuming I'm still not half-dead from jet lag, I'll see if someone can give me a ride.

For the skills you listed, I have master titles in mining, woodcutting, carp, fine carp, blacksmithing, weaponsmithing, platingsmithing, jewelery smithing, and shieldsmithing.

Just give me something to do and I'll do my best, haha.

• Like 2