Sign in to follow this  
Ronbalder

Screen freeze/lag certain field of view, mac pro [Resolved]

Hello!

I couldn't find anything about my issue here on the forums so i'll post them in a new topic in hopes of getting help from fellow mac users or developers, or whatever.

I got a Macbook Pro (2014, not retina) with the i5 etc. The system runs wurm perfectly on various settings, but I have a huge problem that makes the game unplayable at times. Whenever I point my field of view, or direction of view and certain buildings, or towards a deed (even if i'm far away) I get this huge, and I mean huge, FPS drop. The screen almost freezes, but I eventually manage to point my view down towards the ground or away from the direction and the lag stops. 

I know that a Mac isn't the perfect thing to play Wurm with.. but i'm addicted to the game, what can I do? I'm living at a hotel at the moment so I can't use my other computer that runs wurm (with more lag, but without the screen freezes at certain directions).. 

Any tips?

• Like 1

It appears to be when loading buildings, not confirmed though. I'm currently stuck at a deed and every time I log in, the game begins to lag heavily as the building(s) starts to appear on the screen in front of me.

Anyone? Desperate. 

For future reference, if anyone has the same problem as I had; go to settings, compatibility and disable: GLSL Shader Support. It fixed my lag completely, and has had no issued at all after that. I was even able to run Wurm on max settings on everything. 

Edited by Ronbalder
  • Like 1

OMG THANKYOU! IVE HAD THIS ISSUE FOR AGES AND NOW IT RUNS PERFECTLY THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

I wish we could still run GLSL shaders though.  They work perfectly on the test server,  just not on the others.