Sign in to follow this  
gainan

stairs

Is there any chance people can post pics of stairs and there different types so we can see what they look like.

What I think people need to know is how much room they take up first and upper floor tile size and of the upper floor opening, whether they can be built against an inside(or outside) wall and the known pitfall or mistakes in placing stairs

many thanks

My understanding is that they will not fit in a 2x2 house, because you will need a free open tile at the bottom of the stairs and then another one at the top. 

So a 1x3 area is needed with the staircase in the middle 

Actually it probably can be described as a Tetris Z Block:

36358.gif

(Xallo says: "You can make a staircase in a 2x2 building if you create a door to enter the stairs from the outside".

SOmeone who built a bridge leading to a door says you cannot take a cart through the doubledoor any longer although you can walk through on foot, dunno if stairs have a similar issue)

wood plank stair:

CElzEhqXIAA6XS3.jpg

stone brick stair:

wurmstairs.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Actually this is the stone bricks stairs on live server,sadly

its just a normal wooden one but stone bricks floor on top..

l5VViPI.jpg

would have thought they would have made them so that they have a landing on the top floor but still time for an update.

again still takes more planning than people thought

more pics please folks

Darn, then what IS the nice looking one with stone underneath it called?

Actually this is the stone bricks stairs on live server,sadly

its just a normal wooden one but stone bricks floor on top..

Darn, then what IS the nice looking one with stone underneath it called?

Edited by Jonydowy

Stone staircase..  I wanted to make a staircase up to the archway on second tier. I didn't realize it would have a floor platform at the top....not what I expected.  Now I'm not sure what I will do..

wurm.20150514.2156_zpsxybsp24m.jpg

Edited by Mitzie

Stone staircase..  I wanted to make a staircase up to the archway on second tier. I didn't realize it would have a floor platform at the top....not what I expected.  Now I'm not sure what I will do..

Hmm maybe some sort of balcony railing. Something that suggests, "Oh I MEANT to have a floor there!"

Maybe chain fence?

800px-Chain_fence.png

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Is the entire tile a staircase or is it also possible to walk past the staircase (i.e. not going up or down)?

You can walk past the side of the staircase, so it can be built in a 1 tile wide corridor and you will still be able to get past.

It runs edge-to-edge the other way though, so you can't have a wall at the head or foot or you won't be able to get on/off the staircase.

• Like 2

these are the sort of problems that only come to light after you have built the stairs. as I've said careful planning first before you build or as the old saying go's 'measure twice cut once' but they are still I think more nicer than the step ladders that we had before.

ps I know its early days yet but have stairs been incorporated in house planning/building programs

It would be nice to have a stair model that did not have a floor opening above it.

Has anyone made a 2+ story staircase yet? I have plans for one and would like to see how it turns out. I could imagine that these floor openings will make it look a bit strange.

• Like 2

it looks like you can place the second staircase on the opposite side of the upper floor that's if you can turn the staircase

it looks like you can place the second staircase on the opposite side of the upper floor that's if you can turn the staircase

If you can turn it I'd like to know how.  My stairs came out facing to my right instead of straight ahead and I haven't been able to figure out how to turn them, if possible.

If you can turn it I'd like to know how.  My stairs came out facing to my right instead of straight ahead and I haven't been able to figure out how to turn them, if possible.

You need to own the writ, then right click -> rotate the stairs.

Edited by Fawkes

You need to have some item activated such as a hammer or mallet and then click the stairs to get the option. Other items might serve this purpose as well, just have to activate various ones to check. Works for floors too?

=Ayes=

I was hoping to have a staircase like this but it will look strange with attached floor above each tile

fed90234fdd81f5b66876f7bebb6e80e.jpg

You need to own the writ, then right click -> rotate the stairs.

Edited by Xalorum

after making my own set on my deed I now have the problem getting all my stuff up the stairs, I have heard that you can't drag a bed up the stairs with a rope but you can load it on a large cart and drag that upstairs !! WOT that's like a delivery van going up the stairs to deliver a bed.

anyone with a workround please post

Is there a solid stone staircase?

Apparently they removed all models except a wood stair that have wood/stone/marble etc floor tile at the very top. The staircase itself is identical in each version. 

after making my own set on my deed I now have the problem getting all my stuff up the stairs, I have heard that you can't drag a bed up the stairs with a rope but you can load it on a large cart and drag that upstairs !! WOT that's like a delivery van going up the stairs to deliver a bed.

anyone with a workround please post

Hard on players also who lack ability to board a cart as commander or LOAD items into the cart. For veteran players, no problem other than hassle factors. For new players, impossible.

The work around might be if it allows you to PULL a bed up a stairway, I would try standing on the top and using PULL rather than PUSHING from below.  I have no idea if ir would work. 

The other option is a main staircase out in the open and a secondary ladder hidden in a corner area.

Might be nice if we could make a trapdoor ladder that extended only for hauling things up and down and is otherwise hidden from view:

sliding-loft-ladder.jpg

If you made all ladder openings like this, and allow them to be open and shut only by people on the writ, it could be ... interesting.

• Like 2

TBH what we really need is a sort of half spiral or U shaped stair.

Let's pretend for a moment that I was sophisticated enough to download Google Sketchup instead of opening Minecraft to demonstrate new designs

Let's say the dimensions of 4x4 in minecraft translate to a single tile in Wurm,

v6gDVU6.jpg

• New staircase added called Standalone, it does not have a floor above it. 

• New staircase added called Standalone, it does not have a floor above it.