Sign in to follow this  
Shammah

Players naming horses

It would be great to be able to name our own horses, but i know some people would want to use names not allowed so why not give people a choice of what to name a new born foal.  The could choose between 5 names or perhaps 5 different first names and 5 different last names.  It would be nice to have some kind of choice in this.

• Like 9

+200 Sham always gets me out of the tough spot in any situation such as horse's names +200 srsly. No, really, it's a great idea and I'd love it.

Suggested so many times.  But yes, naming animals that can be tamed would be awesome - any animal that can be tamed.

It would be nice to at least be able to name them secondarily, like with items, in order to be able to figure out who is who.

• Like 3

Or to mark their traits, for that matter, without having to do stuff like inscribe saddles or keep a spreadsheet handy.

Would be great if we could choose names, or "rename" them.

Even greater if we had a mean to know "who is who" when is about nameless bred animals, like bison (mostly), cows, bulls etc. Trying to breed good traited bison for wagons is such a pain, when "father is old fat bison, mother is aged fat bison" and you have a bunch of them.

• Like 3

+1

I'd be happy with choosing from the existing list of names, just let us choose the combination!

+1 

Seen it suggested several times! However, the biggest argument is immaturity.. 

"You wave at Mature Fat Fartbreeze" or names much worst! 

If you can find a way to prevent Discriminatory names, Immaturity, and profanity from horse names then it would work great!

Considering I can rename statues and other large objects anything I like (I am sure I walked past a little girl statue named "sucky sucky 5 dollar" a while back, I doubt it could get much worse) what would be so bad about being able to rename animals?  Surely a similar filter to the existing one would suffice.

Just make it so that the last person to tame them has naming rights, just as you can only name items if you are the last person to imp them.

• Like 1

I shall call him George... and I will hug him and squeeze him and pat his head...

• Like 2

+1 :) I would love to be able to rename my horses especially, (but sheep too to know who is who) as i have some very strange names, including a rather nice 5 speed called "Dogbabe" - well, really !

Ok, this topic got my approval. +1

Can already tame chickens by naming the eggs, so cant see why it should be that hard to implement on other animals.

I also would like to see who breeded the horse, like a bloodline of some sort.

-1 for naming them, +1 for renaming them.

+1 To this post

Even if we cant rename wild horses would should be able to name the offspring

+100 to completely being able to name them. Will accept picking from a list of names but don't see why. We can rename a lot of things in the game. Is it just because people may notice inappropriate names on a horse? I went by a statue that was called testicles for a good while. Didn't give two flips about it? I think all bred animals should get a random name on birth that we can change if we want.

Edited by Lupe

Just make it so breed animals get random names like horses.