Sign in to follow this  
Masako

My Experience on Chaos

My experience on Chaos.

I started wurm almost three years ago. I found the game in a search for mmo sandbox, read through the forums and the wiki while at work, and decided on a character I'd like to play.  In my case I chose a libila priest.  The spell list looked very fun to play and the enchants, once I got good, could be profitable.  After three trips past several angry guards I finally made it to the Black Light that was along the coast just north of the Shroud at the time.  And I was quickly killed again by a gorilla that was guarding the place.  So I took a break from the game for a few days and tried again to convert.  Success!, the gorilla had been slain and his corpse was beneath the bone altar as I read the inscription.  Now I needed to find a safe place to live until I was able to become a priest at 30 faith.  After a few hours of running and swimming away from spiders and hell hounds I settled on a fenced island that happened to have its own altar not far from the black light itself.

A few weeks later I met up with someone who had a small outpost just outside of the Shroud and was invited to live there.  There was a very tall tower and a zoo of champion animals.  He also had a farm with horses.  He gave me some pretty decent armor and few weapons and tools.  I earned my keep by helping expand his boat mine.  Late at night we would travel around the area and hunt for unicorns and spiders as I slowly got my fighting skills up.  Most of the time I was completely lost in the back of a cart.  Once I hit 30 faith I became a priest finally.  An altar was built and I spent half my time praying and the other half mining.  Slowly I met a few other players in the area that had their own outposts scattered around.  They were all quite friendly and helpful.  

Every once in a while a player from an enemy kingdom would show up to harass and attack people.  We would all retreat to our outposts until the danger would pass.  Was kind of fun living on the edge.  Eventually some sort of deal was made and the enemy guy didn't come around too much more.

One day l logged in and there were several new names in the outpost.  One girl was making a church complete with pews and statues in the tower.  She also had a priest and gave me several tips on how to level channeling.  She also helped with the boatmine and we chatted quite often.  About a month or so later she took me to a huge dirt wall ruins where there were another 5 or 6 people clearing trees and digging dirt.  Introductions were made and I helped chop down lots of trees.  Nice thing about being a libila priest is you can do both mining and woodcutting.  After a few weeks the dirt ruins became a deed called Commorragh.  The owner of the outpost was happy these guys "we're back" and looking forward to HOTS becoming more active.  I was offered a house if I wanted to stay so I moved into the citadel as it was called.

The new group was very active and also knew the area quite well.  We went hunting alot and even explored other ruins, sometimes spending several hours retrieving loot.  At some point a few of the guys went to a Mol Rehan deed nearby and drained it.  Soon after our local list filled with about 20 white names and you could hear the sounds of catapults.  I joined the others on top of the dirt walls and got an arrow to the face after looking out a window.  We were quickly trying to repair the catapult damage and make altars everywhere.  After a few hours the attackers, who I later learned were Mol Rehan kingdom, left.  I was instructed keep my horse tame and log out with all of my valuables in my inventory.  From that day on I would always log out with my inventory full but I could barely move.

I spent the next five or six months mining, praying and channeling.  I got my strength up so I could move faster.  My mind logic also hit 30 giving me 4 actions now which made things easier.  Besides the mayor of the deed most of the people that were at Commorragh originally gradually stopped playing or left the server and were replaced with new players.  During this time the guy who owned the outpost made a deed and joined in alliance with Commorragh but that was short lived.  His deed was removed from the alliance and he was killed a few times.  As he was leaving the server he said my new mayor was not to be trusted.  I never had a problem and was not playing enough to follow what really happened.  I did notice all of the players who lived in and around the outpost left the server too.  My playtime became more sporadic due to activities outside of the game but I tried to play a few hours a week at least.  Soon the only person I really knew in the village was the mayor but he spent most of his time afk when I played.  We would chat a few times but not like when I first joined.  He did give me a twig one day to an island somewhere and had me take advantage of a ban on pvp to get my fight skill to 70.  I spent 5 straight hours killing everything there on a zombied horse I brought with me.  A few other groups joined the village and we did several tower captures where I was in charge of running around in big circles with 10 or more guards following me.  Most tower caps ended with Mol Rehan arriving to take them back and killing a few of us.  Eventually the groups would leave too after the entire village was rearranged to give them all houses.

From then on I would pray for gems or mine.  Besides the odd hello, no one really talked that much so I kept to myself.  I'd check the forums a few times to see if there was anything interesting going on but it was mainly about deed building.  Priests are pretty useless when it comes to deed building.  My faith eventually hit 90 and I got a new title.  My channeling was getting close to 70 too.  I did log in one night and was included in a mission to block off a Mol Rehan tunnel somewhere.  It took us a long time to get there. We were casting strongwall to collapse the mine and once again our local list filled with white names.  They were able to mine faster than we could cast so most of us ended up dieing once they broke through.  I didn't last more than 30 seconds which was very disappointing. 

After a few weeks of not paying for premium I came back to my house missing a wall and the citadel looking like a tornado went through it.  The deed was ransacked and everything of value that I didn't log out with was gone.  It took a few weeks but the mayor replaced a few things that I was able to remember.  It took another month or two to get the missing wall repaired so I could sleep in my bed.  I didn't play very much because most of the fun was gone.  When I did find time to play I was just praying and channel grinding the gems I got.  I'd watch a movie or two while I spammed my pray key and log off.  Sometime later the deed was in taters again and there was a village message to help with the reconstruction so I volunteered to make bricks and mortar.  

Which leads to a week ago friday.  I had a rare chance to log in early and play most of the night.  As soon as I logged in the mayor said hello and someone else waved, I said hi.  I got set up to make some bricks and started downloading a movie.  The next thing I see when I come back to wurm is the mayor on a wagon hitting me with a huge axe as I try to get into my house and my screen fades to red.  No warning, just dead.  I didn't even get an option to resurrect.  I reloaded Wurm and only saw options to resurrect at the freedom starter deeds on chaos.  I picked Hunter's Lodge and immediately noticed my 95 faith was now 0 and the only items in my inventory were sleep powder.  Three years worth of playing gone in a flash.  I pm'd the mayor of Commorragh asking what just happened and I received no response.  I pm'd the Emporess of Black Legion and nothing.  I checked my friendslist and saw the owner of the original outpost was online and I told him what happened.  He reminded me the mayor of Commorragh was not to be trusted, this is just how he plays the game.  

It's been a week and I still haven't decided whether or not I want to start over on Chaos, give freedom a try, or just sell my account.

• Like 1

welcome to kingdoms that don't verify things before they take action, you just made the wrong choice bud :/

If you want to try out Chaos again, id reccomend trying out JK, but if thats not your style, MR is always a choice.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

We have the reasons. I will not say why, as it is not my place to do so. If the people who made the decision feel like posting here they will.

PS: shouldnt this be in the Chaos forum, as it is about chaos drama and has nothing to do with freedom?

The Chaos server is a strange place.

Edited by Chakron

Well his post has some merit, but he is leaving out quite a bit.

You spin an interesting tale, perhaps you should write some more fiction and see if you can find a publisher.

Good Luck in whatever you do next.

'The Villain'

• Like 2

Chaos is terrrrrrible

thats all you need to know

• Like 3

Holy moly.

Did a kingdom do this. Are all kingdoms like this? No one can be trusted now on chaos

Edited by XxXForgottenXxX

Hey Masako, you should recognise me. I'm really sad that happened, shoot me a pm on the forum or ingame (yurik) so we can talk about it. BL/hots history is filled with tales like this, I'm sad you had to undergo it also, as I remember you from some time ago and you are a hard working player (when you have time to play). I always enjoyed chatting with you and I remember you levelling down that citadel mine and make it look epic.

But shoot me a pm, and I'll talk to you about my current chaos story, maybe you might find it interesting enough and want to join us.

Its good to see your name again! Hopefully you decide to keep playing the game!

• Like 2

Sorry to hear this happened to you, but honestly that has daolin written all over it.

Give MR or JK a try if you feel like mixing it up :)

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this happened to you, but honestly that has daolin written all over it.

Give MR or JK a try if you feel like mixing it up :)

Aye unfortunately such has been the state of BL for a long time now ever since relations between MR and BL went downhill, and it comes as no surprise to those who have had dealings with such players.

• Like 2

Story look good but what made your faith hit 0? Never heard of loosing all faith on death before... PS I'm freedom.

im not 100% sure, but when you get kicked from a PMK it defaults you to freedom, no matter what your religion is. So he prob went from lib to no faith when he joined freedom isles.

Of you had left out the kingdom I would have still guessed it was daolins doing.

I know not many have mentioned it, but you have been on long enough to know that JK and MR are not your only options... We at Ebonaura are a black light kingdom as well and if you perhaps talk to the gm's about the situation and they give you your faith back then there can be a place for you here.

As a black lighter I don't understand why it doesn't kick you into HOTS instead. Wurm logic at its best.

Good luck to you.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53PqHyk6s-s

heh heres the video of the tunnel fight he was talking about :D

Only thing I found a bit awful about this situation is the guys faith was insta nuked by the control of another player - surely this should have defaulted the guy to HOTS and kept his faith???

Maybe a Dev can assist with that bit. The whole kicky whatever is fair game chaos server and what have you.

Speak to a Dev and see if they can reinstate the faith, there is another HoTS kingdom that I'm sure would love to nab you up in the north seeing as you went for Lib Priest.

• Like 3

So far we've heard only one side of the story, yet several people have already made their minds up.

Time for the other side of the story. But before we get to that, gotta take care of someone here.

Of you had left out the kingdom I would have still guessed it was daolins doing.

I know not many have mentioned it, but you have been on long enough to know that JK and MR are not your only options... We at Ebonaura are a black light kingdom as well and if you perhaps talk to the gm's about the situation and they give you your faith back then there can be a place for you here.

As a black lighter I don't understand why it doesn't kick you into HOTS instead. Wurm logic at its best.

Good luck to you.

I'm sick and tired of your hypocrisy. You pretend you are the "alternative" to Black Legion's taste of Blacklighters yet you have a No Raid policy with MR and there's a freaking recruitment board of your village, planted by MR, on the ruins of Utopia. I post that in your recruitment thread and you rally up your "polite" talking abilities to get the moderators (who hate my gutts) to remove my post so as people don't see what your kingdom really stands for. We had a talk about joining forces against MR and all you did was defend why you should be MR's friend. If you are MR's friend, you are not a blacklighter and you have no claim to invite people to join you. Redirect them to MR, it's more honest.  I don't wanna be rude here, but I'm a person who takes no sh1t from anyone (staffers or players) so I'm gonna say it; you are the Mol Rehan's blacklight dog. 

Now since we are done with that, let's focus on the main subject: Masako

This person has only logged in TWICE in a year.

• The first time he logged in, was during the invasion we did in MR lands and took the area around KM. He was on whenever we were doing somethings secretly and he never speaked to anyone. That was in November of 2014.
  • The second time Masako ever logged in, was when MR raided TLR with a small force. He was there looking around doing absolutelly nothing just inspecting. This was about a week ago, April of 2015.

Those are the only two instances where this person has logged in the game. He does not speak, he does no actions whatsoever, only afks and reads alliance chat during crucial combat events. And now, that "fictional" character who NEVER said a word, suddenly makes a new forum account and spews out a 10 paragraph rant about our kingdom pretending to be some legit real player.  A certain player of Mol Rehan, had planted a spy in our alliance. Most MR member's dont know about it as it was a well kept secret. We finally figured out who he was. Now MR got pissed that we undone all their work and try to badmouth our kingdom by using this fake 1-post account.

I URGE the moderation to use a bit of intel before attempting to delete my post (that will get heavily reported I'm sure). You've been fooled and manipulated by players like this one for way too long.

Time to wake up and see who's the real drama queen in this forum, cause we, as Black Legion, did not start this drama topic ...

Updates:

Reading up my logs, the only instances he's online is when MR are fighting with us. Check one I just found.

All his activity on May of 2014 was when Red and Emoo attacked Commorragh (and got rekt).

[21:01:33] <Masako> who needs cotton?
[21:01:45] <Kurson> my horse needs healing and i dont have a rope
[21:01:49] <Dannytcc> [18:57:06] You cut Red extremely hard in the left thigh and harm it.

All his activity during the month of Comm raid was login during the raid and instantly logout minutes later. I try to PM him, he's gone.

[11:31:46] <Meridius> 
[11:31:46] <System> Masako is not currently available, please try again later.

One other time, I move from Bloodwode to Comm when nobody but me and him were online back in July 2014, he instantly logs out

[03:08:51] Masako lost link.
[03:08:51] Masako left the world.
[03:08:51] You enter Commorragh.

The guy who supposedly was in Comm all the time, is suddenly at KM during the November siege, doesnt do anythiing, doesnt say anything, just sits with his alt looking around what we are building:

[19:22:38] <Clifford> who's wycked ?
[19:22:47] <Wycked> masako
[19:22:52] <Clifford> ok
[19:23:00] <Wycked> checking to see if its safe to log in
Edited by evilissle

issle is so clueless haha Empire of Mol-Rehan does NOT make NAP's

issle is so clueless haha Empire of Mol-Rehan does NOT make NAP's

It's not a NAP. It's your west wall against JK. You never raid them, never flatten their deeds as long as they stay loyal and not try any expansion. When was a day that Ebonaura tried anything against you. It's the only kingdom in the server that it never fights against MR, but only when you occassionally go fight with them on their gates for the thrill of it.

thats probably because it takes ages to sail over there.... have you ever considered that? Maybe people don't like sailing for multiple hours to go there and back.

Actually, I was the one who reported evilissle's post, because it was in our recruitment thread, where it didn't belong.

If we have a no-raid policy on MR, nobody has told me. Maurizio, why am I out of the loop?

• Like 2

well this morning I passed the ruins of Utopia, saw a recruitment board, so ofcourse I went to check it out. The board was blank! I was tempted to write something for my deed, but decided to leave it. 

So Issle's wanna be attempt to call ebonaura our dogs ... kinda failed. Also as Warlord of the Empire, I know we don't forge NAP's, that we are not working together with ebonaura (we are strong enough on our own, you should know that isssle) and ofcourse that issle is the biggest crap talker around :D

Also Issle, you were still a scrubby MR player when I was talking as Emperor of HotS to Masako on a daily base. He was not an MR spy back then, and he isn't right now. But this is the excuse BL always uses and see how far they get in the game like this. Their kingdom is smaller then it ever was, they lost all their outposts, and lost most of their players. Look at your kingdom and think what went wrong.

lol Yurik, coming from somebody who jumped ships when things got a bit hot lol

• Like 6