Sign in to follow this  
Docterchese

Official Mapdumps

On 15/07/2015 at 2:08 AM, keoki said:

Love these new map dumps. Bringing up a question that was brought up earlier and didn't get an answer, how often will these maps get refreshed?

There has been call for a new one, what with bridges being implemented.
A high amount of energy has been poured into the servers since, so much, in fact, that the new map dumps aren't very new at all.
The desire to implement and compromise for bridges has changed alot of land and many long term settlements.
I sincerely hope there are plans for one in the near future.

• Like 2

Bear in mind that mapdumps wont show bridges, much like buildings dont show on them!

We have been looking at what we can do with them, and hopefully will have something to share  in the near future

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Bear in mind that mapdumps wont show bridges, much like buildings dont show on them!

We have been looking at what we can do with them, and hopefully will have something to share  in the near future

Bridges aren't the issue... If map dumps would be generated every 15 minutes then people would be even more happy with them.

Edited by Sklo:D

Retrograde's comment was perfectly put and very positive.. im sorry you, misunderstood  me when i said
`The desire to implement and compromise for bridges has changed alot of land and many long term settlements.`

I meant to say, the implementation of bridges hasn't just added bridges. it's reinvigorated efforts and caused alot of landscaping across the board.
apologies for my boldness, i wanted my meaning to be clear for you. It's not an urgency and it's all good.
I wasn't saying bridges were the issue.. but thank you for your thoughts.

personally i think 1 map dump a year, is reasonable but i can't assume to know the processing power or the man hours involved in producing them.

Edited by Steveleeb

Would be nice if we also can get high resolution in-game map, for those who like more "fantastic" look. Not map dump, just in-game map so I can edit it in photoshop or use in any of the sites that allow of creating online maps for games (something like this http://mashupforge.com/map/skyrim/)

I;m not sure what you mean, the more stylised look of the ingame map? Or simply a single image file, rather than the broken up pan and scan version hosted?

Exact picture, as we get, when opening map window in game, but in higher resolution.

Desertion_250.jpg

Edited by Wilczan

2 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Id really just like the ones we used to get

?

I don't want to implement it in game. I want possibility to grab the high quality file from the forum or website, so I can make my own in other tool or website.

EDIT: I assume that artist who draw this map, make it bigger then in-game version

Edited by Wilczan

Are these maps gone? I have found the one of Xanadu invaluable for exploration. :( 

:sticky bump:
an inquiry;
when are the next ones due to be rendered?

that's the old one
I've de-paved a few long abandoned deeds and areas in the north east, over the last 5 months. .. there's no change on these maps.
also built a road from ohana's to the north. also, not showing. 
My inquiry was, when are the next ones due to be rendered?

Edited by Steveleeb

I think this post could really use an update to reflect the new maps. 
Also, I made a drive with full-sized copies(well, by my monitor's standards) of the in-game maps because I hate having to sign in to view them. 

I've made a new version of the post you can C/P if ya want. Happy Wurming!

@Docterchese

Spoiler

The current Wurm map dumps were produced on November 22, 2016

They can be viewed and downloaded from a Google Drive here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6J_aGQ6URL8UURFN2VadWxtSWs

A copy of the in-game maps can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_R8YnMfHtAXZG9YRkd3MUxpNVE?usp=sharing

Fancy a stroll down memory lane? Check out the old 2015 map dumps with the link below.

Spoiler

In April 2015, we created new official mapdumps of all servers. They can be viewed here in a GMAP-style interface, which gives fast load times even of large maps. You can also download them there for offline/community map use too.

Thanks go to maximusi for the site and hosting, and MamaDarkness for getting the maps ready to host.

Edited by Matholameu

there are no new maps. 
i checked your link for deli, that is the old one, the november one. 
it was announced recently that new map dumps are about to be made

9 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

there are no new maps. 
i checked your link for deli, that is the old one, the november one. 
it was announced recently that new map dumps are about to be made

Look at my post, I know these are the 2016 ones. I didn't know new ones are right about to launch. 
Either way, just wanted this OP updated to reflect something newer than the 2015 lol. :P

EDIT: Also, @Retrogradeit would be real nice if we could get the actual in-game map images in a drive. 
But my c/p will suffice for now. :) 
(Heck someone with a bigger monitor and nicer setup doing the c/p would be better even. Can send them to me and I'll host if ya want.)

Edited by Matholameu

2 hours ago, Matholameu said:

Look at my post, I know these are the 2016 ones. I didn't know new ones are right about to launch. 
Either way, just wanted this OP updated to reflect something newer than the 2015 lol. :P

it already does, Warlander linked the november one

On 4/8/2017 at 10:56 PM, Warlander said:

Edited by Steveleeb

On 4/18/2015 at 7:18 AM, Docterchese said:

In April 2015, we created new official mapdumps of all servers. They can be viewed here in a GMAP-style interface, which gives fast load times even of large maps. You can also download them there for offline/community map use too.

Thanks go to maximusi for the site and hosting, and MamaDarkness for getting the maps ready to host.

That is the OP. Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem to reflect the newnewer images. 

Anyways, I don't see why this needed to turn into some grand debate...

Edited by Matholameu

dude it's not a debate, what's wrong with you.
warlander already updated the thread with the newest maps. 
i can't speak plainer than that, what do you think i'm saying?

this thread already had the November 2016 maps posted on it before you posted. 

Dieser Thread hatte bereits die November 2016 Karten auf sie gepostet, bevor du gepostet hast.

Ce fil avait déjà affiché les cartes de novembre 2016 avant de l'afficher.

Este hilo ya tenía los mapas de noviembre de 2016 publicados en ella antes de publicar.

I'd write it in Polish but i don't trust google translate.
scroll the hell up

19 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

dude it's not a debate, what's wrong with you.
warlander already updated the thread with the newest maps. 
i can't speak plainer than that, what do you think i'm saying?

this thread already had the November 2016 maps posted on it before you posted. 

Dieser Thread hatte bereits die November 2016 Karten auf sie gepostet, bevor du gepostet hast.

Ce fil avait déjà affiché les cartes de novembre 2016 avant de l'afficher.

Este hilo ya tenía los mapas de noviembre de 2016 publicados en ella antes de publicar.

I'd write it in Polish but i don't trust google translate.
scroll the hell up

... relax man. No need to be rude.

I asked to have the OP, the ORIGINAL POST, updated. 
The ORIGINAL POST still reflects the old maps, it has not been updated. 

the post was made by Docterchese (OP)
he last visited the forum in April

you did not use the term `original post/OP` until you replied to me, i apologize for not knowing what OP meant. to me OP means operations (ex-rn), so i ignore the anacronym. this is why my disbelief escalated. 
However, you didn't mention that in your request, you said. `I think this post could really use an update to reflect the new maps.`
`update` means update. it doesn't always mean `edit`.
The thread was already updated.

This url, the one you provided - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6J_aGQ6URL8UURFN2VadWxtSWs was pasted by Warlander, 10cm above yours. 
That makes me believe you didn't read the previous posts.
I know you mean well, but ive tried quite hard to emote the need for a new map dump and you posted as if none of that happened. 
This is not an official thread and docterchese is not staff. The OP, can not be updated unless someone that knows him out of the game, gives him a nudge.

this, is the official thread:
https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/147261-map-dumps
maybe ask in there, don't forget to say OP, but before you do..

On 6/9/2017 at 5:08 PM, Retrograde said:

Map Dumps
Just over six months ago we released the last map dumps, and I'm pleased to say new ones are in the works! We don't have a release yet, but they may come in with the new highway system being launched, so keep your eyes peeled!

Edited by Steveleeb

Where are the maps from the original post?

I want to look at the final map dump of old elevation again :(

please reupload somewhere